Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, July 2016
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26
[br][center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1921779][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/communityupdate.png[/img][/url][/center] [br] [b]Table of Contents[/b] [list][*][b]Volunteer Moderators Updates[/b] [list][*]Farewell, Alphaeon! [*]Welcome, EmiT and ToxieToxie! [*]Misc Moderation Notes[/list] [*][b]Community[/b] [list][*]Reporting: Harassment, Scamming [*]Offsite Content Policies [*]Item Caption Contest[/list] [*][b]Employment Opportunities: Art Team[/b][/list] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1921779][b]Click here to read more![/b][/url] [more] [br][br] ----- [br][br] [center][b][size=6]Volunteer Moderator Updates[/size][/b][/center] [br] [b][size=4]Farewell, Alphaeon![/size][/b] [br] [center][user=13578][/center] This past June, @Alphaeon stepped down from the volunteer moderator group to pursue a fantastic opportunity. Thank you for generously donating your time and commitment to the [i]Flight Rising[/i] community, especially in the Bug Reports forum! We will miss you but we are also [i]very[/i] excited for you! [br][br] [b][size=4]Welcome, EmiT and ToxieToxie![/size] [/b] [br] [center][user=159961] [user=135538][/center] [br] Two new pairs of purple wings have joined us! Give @EmiT and @ToxieToxie a warm welcome! [br] [b][size=4]Misc Moderation Notes[/size][/b] We would like to take a moment to stress something we mentioned in May's [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1861078]Community Update[/url][/b]: [b]Forum moderation does not immediately equal account or forum penalties. [/b] Moderation happens when a thread or post needs to be edited, moved, or removed. This is common across various communities online, especially in a community as large and passionate as [i]Flight Rising[/i]. The likelihood of someone losing their account over an incorrectly placed thread or all-caps title is smaller than a fae's egg! If you are interested in applying to be a volunteer moderator, [b][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=73]we have a support article in our Encyclopedia[/url][/b]. Once you've sent your application, it will be documented for future review. [br][br] ----- [br][br] [center][b][size=6]Community[/size][/b][/center] [br] [b][size=4]Account Penalties Article[/size][/b] We have updated our [b][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=53]Account Penalties article[/url][/b] to include information about both account and forum penalties.[br] [b][size=4]Reporting: Harassment, Scamming[/size][/b] Harassment and scamming reports can be made through customer support. In order for us to best help you, we need to address some of the recent reporting trends we've observed. [br] [list][*][b]Reports on behalf of another player:[/b] We think it's great and supportive to send a message to help a friend, but [b]we need the player(s) directly involved with an issue to file a report[/b]. [br] [*][b]Reports without details:[/b] In order for us to investigate a report, we need the reporting player to [b]include:[/b] dragon, player ID numbers, the approximate date and time, as well as any relevant links located on the [i]Flight Rising[/i] website.[br] [*][b]Generalized scamming reports:[/b] Frequently we receive "[player] is scamming" without additional information. [b]For us to investigate potential scamming, we need the players who feel they were scammed to each submit a report with a clear description of the situation.[/b][/list] When the above information is included and reported by the impacted player, we are able to more efficiently investigate and resolve such reports. [b]Without the above information, vague reports or reports without content posted on [i]Flight Rising[/i] are effectively hearsay.[/b] [b]We will not penalize accounts based on hearsay.[/b] If we did so, we would be closing several accounts per week based on nothing other than someone else's word. We don't think that's okay and why we will only take action on reports we can verify with our own tools and data. Before we move on, we also need to note: [b]We do not discuss account penalties or details with third parties.[/b] We do not follow up after receiving a report nor do we disclose who initiated the report for the privacy and protection of all players involved. [br] [size=4][b]Offsite Content Policies[/b][/size] The [i]Flight Rising[/i] [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/site/terms-use]Terms of Use[/url][/b], [b][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=50]Rules & Guidelines[/url][/b], and [b][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=66]Code of Conduct[/url][/b] are the rules by which all players must abide while playing our game. As a reminder regarding our offsite content policy: [br][LIST] [*][b]It has remained our policy that links posted on the[i] Flight Rising[/i] website to off-site content that violates our rules are not allowed.[/b] (Example: Exploits, hate speech, harassment, blacklists, player callouts, adult imagery, excessive violent imagery, and items listed in our [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=50]Rules and Guidelines[/url]) If we receive a report on a link on [i]Flight Rising[/i] with violations to our Rules or Terms of Use, we will investigate, pull the offending content from our site, and apply account penalties to the account for posting a link to prohibited content on our website.[br] [*]We do not moderate activity that takes place on other websites, chatrooms, and platforms that are beyond our control. If you or someone you know has encountered inappropriate behavior or content on another community, [b]please contact the customer support for that platform[/b] to notify them of the inappropriate behavior or content. [/LIST] [br][br] ----- [br][br] [center][b][size=6][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1914392]Item Caption Contest[/url][/size][/b][/center] [b]Writers[/b], if you've ever wanted your blurb to grace an item tooltip, your time has come! Dust off that keyboard and look upon these poor blurb-less items and consider the possibilities! What's this item's story? The premise of[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1914392] this contest[/url] it to take these icons and create a unique caption for their tooltip. The caption must be under 160 characters. If desired, players may rename the item in question along with their caption. Captions can provide facts, short anecdotes, or jokes. [indent][b]Premise: [/b] Write a tooltip for any of the items provided in this contest. [b]Deadline: [/b] Tuesday, July 26th, 23:59 server time [b]Length: [/b] Less than 160 characters (caption). Less than 30 characters in name if renamed. [b]Prizes: [/b]Winners will be credited in the tooltip of the item, will receive a copy of the item they wrote for, a writer vista applied to their account + 1000 gems [b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1914392]Click here to submit an entry![/url][/b] [/indent] [br] [center][item=Banded Rattlesnake][item=Bluebite Rattler][item=Blue Spot Pygmy Wrasse][item=Pygmy Wrasse] [item=Broadback Pleco][item=Pleco][item=Polar Wooly][item=Wooly Bear] [item=Cheerful Chime][item=Dancer's Bell][item=Emerald Brooch][item=Ruby Brooch][/center] [br][br] ----- [br][br] [center][b][size=6]Employment Opportunities: Art Team[/size][/b][/center] [br] [b][size=4]Join the [i]Flight Rising[/i] art team![/size][/b] Would you like to work for [i]Flight Rising[/i]? We are now hiring full time employees and part time freelancers to create colorful artwork for our world. These positions are available to all qualified applicants. Being a [i]Flight Rising[/i] player is a bonus, not a requirement. Current players are welcome to share these opportunities to artist friends. [br][br] [indent][b]2d Illustrator: Apparel[/b]: We are looking for a skilled 2d artist to update and expand existing apparel to future breed releases. This is a full time position. We are looking for a good understanding of fabrics, textiles, and how clothing drapes and is worn on a 3-dimensional form in portfolios of applicants. [b]Note:[/b] Your portfolio [b]does not[/b] need to contain [i]dragon clothing[/i]! A solid foundation of how clothing works on humans is applicable and will carry over.[br] [LIST][*]Must be 18 years or older. [*]Full-time position with benefits. [*]US residents only. [*]Work from home. [/LIST] [b]2d Illustrator: Environments[/b]: We are looking for a skilled 2d artist to create a variety of landscapes and environments to help expand the world of Sornieth. We are looking examples of natural and man-made environments and an understanding of perspective in portfolios of applicants.[br] [LIST][*]Must be 18 years or older. [*]Part-time freelance position. [/LIST] [b]2d Illustrator: Genes & Patterns[/b]: We are looking for a skilled 2d artist to create new genes and expand existing genes to future breeds. We are looking for a love of patterning and ability to bend and adapt patterns around 3-dimensional forms in the portfolios of applicants. [i]Note: Your portfolio does not need to contain [b]dragon[/b] patterning! Examples of patterns across any type of species, so long as it shows an understanding of form will be applicable.[/i][br] [LIST][*]Must be 18 years or older. [*]Part-time freelance position. [/LIST][/indent] [br]If you would like to apply for a position, please tell us what position(s) you are applying for, send us a link to your portfolio(s), a resume if you have one, and your availability. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/site/contact-us]Send applications with the subject line "[b]Artist Application[/b]" through our contact form here.[/url]

communityupdate.png

Table of Contents
  • Volunteer Moderators Updates
    • Farewell, Alphaeon!
    • Welcome, EmiT and ToxieToxie!
    • Misc Moderation Notes
  • Community
    • Reporting: Harassment, Scamming
    • Offsite Content Policies
    • Item Caption Contest
  • Employment Opportunities: Art Team

Click here to read more!

Volunteer Moderator Updates

Farewell, Alphaeon!

This past June, @Alphaeon stepped down from the volunteer moderator group to pursue a fantastic opportunity. Thank you for generously donating your time and commitment to the Flight Rising community, especially in the Bug Reports forum! We will miss you but we are also very excited for you!

Welcome, EmiT and ToxieToxie!

Two new pairs of purple wings have joined us! Give @EmiT and @ToxieToxie a warm welcome!

Misc Moderation Notes
We would like to take a moment to stress something we mentioned in May's Community Update: Forum moderation does not immediately equal account or forum penalties.

Moderation happens when a thread or post needs to be edited, moved, or removed. This is common across various communities online, especially in a community as large and passionate as Flight Rising. The likelihood of someone losing their account over an incorrectly placed thread or all-caps title is smaller than a fae's egg!

If you are interested in applying to be a volunteer moderator, we have a support article in our Encyclopedia. Once you've sent your application, it will be documented for future review.

Community

Account Penalties Article
We have updated our Account Penalties article to include information about both account and forum penalties.

Reporting: Harassment, Scamming
Harassment and scamming reports can be made through customer support. In order for us to best help you, we need to address some of the recent reporting trends we've observed.

• Reports on behalf of another player: We think it's great and supportive to send a message to help a friend, but we need the player(s) directly involved with an issue to file a report.

• Reports without details: In order for us to investigate a report, we need the reporting player to include: dragon, player ID numbers, the approximate date and time, as well as any relevant links located on the Flight Rising website.

• Generalized scamming reports: Frequently we receive "[player] is scamming" without additional information. For us to investigate potential scamming, we need the players who feel they were scammed to each submit a report with a clear description of the situation.

When the above information is included and reported by the impacted player, we are able to more efficiently investigate and resolve such reports.

Without the above information, vague reports or reports without content posted on Flight Rising are effectively hearsay.

We will not penalize accounts based on hearsay. If we did so, we would be closing several accounts per week based on nothing other than someone else's word. We don't think that's okay and why we will only take action on reports we can verify with our own tools and data.

Before we move on, we also need to note: We do not discuss account penalties or details with third parties. We do not follow up after receiving a report nor do we disclose who initiated the report for the privacy and protection of all players involved.

Offsite Content Policies
The Flight Rising Terms of Use, Rules & Guidelines, and Code of Conduct are the rules by which all players must abide while playing our game. As a reminder regarding our offsite content policy:

• It has remained our policy that links posted on the Flight Rising website to off-site content that violates our rules are not allowed. (Example: Exploits, hate speech, harassment, blacklists, player callouts, adult imagery, excessive violent imagery, and items listed in our Rules and Guidelines) If we receive a report on a link on Flight Rising with violations to our Rules or Terms of Use, we will investigate, pull the offending content from our site, and apply account penalties to the account for posting a link to prohibited content on our website.

• We do not moderate activity that takes place on other websites, chatrooms, and platforms that are beyond our control. If you or someone you know has encountered inappropriate behavior or content on another community, please contact the customer support for that platform to notify them of the inappropriate behavior or content.

Writers, if you've ever wanted your blurb to grace an item tooltip, your time has come! Dust off that keyboard and look upon these poor blurb-less items and consider the possibilities! What's this item's story?

The premise of this contest it to take these icons and create a unique caption for their tooltip. The caption must be under 160 characters. If desired, players may rename the item in question along with their caption. Captions can provide facts, short anecdotes, or jokes.

Premise: Write a tooltip for any of the items provided in this contest.
Deadline: Tuesday, July 26th, 23:59 server time
Length: Less than 160 characters (caption). Less than 30 characters in name if renamed.
Prizes: Winners will be credited in the tooltip of the item, will receive a copy of the item they wrote for, a writer vista applied to their account + 1000 gems
Click here to submit an entry!

Banded Rattlesnake Bluebite Rattler Blue Spot Pygmy Wrasse Pygmy Wrasse
Broadback Pleco Pleco Polar Wooly Wooly Bear
Cheerful Chime Dancer's Bell Emerald Brooch Ruby Brooch

Employment Opportunities: Art Team

Join the Flight Rising art team!
Would you like to work for Flight Rising? We are now hiring full time employees and part time freelancers to create colorful artwork for our world. These positions are available to all qualified applicants. Being a Flight Rising player is a bonus, not a requirement. Current players are welcome to share these opportunities to artist friends.

2d Illustrator: Apparel:
We are looking for a skilled 2d artist to update and expand existing apparel to future breed releases. This is a full time position. We are looking for a good understanding of fabrics, textiles, and how clothing drapes and is worn on a 3-dimensional form in portfolios of applicants. Note: Your portfolio does not need to contain dragon clothing! A solid foundation of how clothing works on humans is applicable and will carry over.

• Must be 18 years or older.
  • Full-time position with benefits.
  • US residents only.
  • Work from home.

2d Illustrator: Environments:
We are looking for a skilled 2d artist to create a variety of landscapes and environments to help expand the world of Sornieth. We are looking examples of natural and man-made environments and an understanding of perspective in portfolios of applicants.

• Part-time freelance position.

2d Illustrator: Genes & Patterns:
We are looking for a skilled 2d artist to create new genes and expand existing genes to future breeds. We are looking for a love of patterning and ability to bend and adapt patterns around 3-dimensional forms in the portfolios of applicants. Note: Your portfolio does not need to contain dragon patterning! Examples of patterns across any type of species, so long as it shows an understanding of form will be applicable.

• Part-time freelance position.

If you would like to apply for a position, please tell us what position(s) you are applying for, send us a link to your portfolio(s), a resume if you have one, and your availability. Send applications with the subject line "Artist Application" through our contact form here.
Refreshed the page just as this went up it seems! :o

Nice to see another caption contest though! Congrats(?), @EmiT and @ToxieToxie! And hopefully new artists on the way!
Refreshed the page just as this went up it seems! :o

Nice to see another caption contest though! Congrats(?), @EmiT and @ToxieToxie! And hopefully new artists on the way!
Item caption contest! :D
Item caption contest! :D
4b5d64bcb28f68557063b5cce7d56167.png < Visit Very Happy Wildclaws!

lBPJhp2.gif
yoooo
yoooo
MQT10mP.gif
look at my dragon I love her
+3 FR time || Manta
Pixel by MissCallieRose!
Scholas1.png
Hey new Mods
Hey new Mods
ldNLSdw.png
:D Caption contest :D
:D Caption contest :D
Awesome!
Awesome!
DYc14Nm.png ....
STARPHASE
fr+03 - crow - she/he/they

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
... you're one scary guy.
so this is your true nature.
Welcome to the mod squad EmiT and ToxieToxie!
Welcome to the mod squad EmiT and ToxieToxie!
ZC2TB9H.png93Yl0PJ.pngvWYjbLO.png
Awesome!
Awesome!
same
same
shallow and empty and filled with regret.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26