Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | New Genes Arrive!
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87
[quote name="jamcub" date=2016-07-01 10:55:15] yikes, everyone in here is just... ranting about how staff is awful? I feel like yes, they made a mistake. They fixed it. They couldn't very well go welp, that's how it is now, I guess. Better not fix it, ever! At least they admitted they made one mistake over the release of how many genes now? I joined in Oct of 15 and I've seen more than I can count, and can't remember any genes having to be fixed outside of the new colour wheel release before. I mean, the staff DID say genes were automated now, so MAYBE someone just made the mistake of giving the wrong pattern file to the program that made the genes? It's not like it's even like, a meaningful error really. It's ... pixels ..... on a dragon on the internet, really. Not even pixels you paid for with real money, even. Cut the staff some slack, maybe open a suggestions thread for how to handle these errors if you think you have a better idea than 'admit we *******up, fix it as soon possible', and hand it in. And then on top of that, maybe wait with your gening plans. I personally never really jump on new genes until I've given myself a few days consideration time; what looks GREAT to me right now may look terrible once I've slept on it. These genes don't, ya know. disappear. Theyre not like the festival items, or God forbid, Sprites. tl;dr, to the people ranting how unprofessional it was handled: do you have a better idea that's not admit mistake > fix asap? Let me know, tbh. [/quote] Exactly this I've heard people saying that people where complaining it wasn't the same on female mirrors and they wanted it all to be like it is on them and how it is now, so they changed it? If so, than what's the point of asking them to change it and then getting mad over it? [i]And everyone complains about thylacine and how the staff should listen to feedback, yet when they do, they get attacked.[/i] Of course, this isn't the first time this has happened. They put up a poll for python/morph. The majority wanted coliseum and not just another treasure marketplace gene. They got attacked by so many people it was insane. They where just listening to feedback and where giving FR what it wanted. Where they supposed to release it the way that lost or something? What really needs to happen is that the userbase should stop being annoyed at the staff for not taking feedback on a gene, but when they do it for something they don't like, they throw rotten fruit at them. That's not fair. You can't expect them to magically know when you want them to listen to feedback and when you don't. Imagine what it feels like to be the staff right now: Attacked and jumped on for every breath. If I where them, I would have given up by now. Most of the time, the FR userbase are really nice. Except when it comes to the people who are trying to keep them entertained and happy. Than they jump on them, attack them, yell at them for everything they do. Please remember the staff are still living humans and not some machine that does not make mistakes and does not care about insults. Really, you guys are acting as if they are. [i]They are humans that spend their time and work on entertaining us. Yet they make a mistake and fix it, and everyone screams at them for it. It's not fair. At all.[/i] It really ticks me off when people yell at the staff for breathing, for pretty much trying to make this site better. If this site didn't exist, than they wouldn't have made this mistake and wouldn't have fixed it. Would you prefer if the site didn't exist at all? Because they didn't have to make this game. You guys are all acting very ungrateful about this game right now.
jamcub wrote on 2016-07-01:
yikes, everyone in here is just... ranting about how staff is awful?

I feel like yes, they made a mistake. They fixed it. They couldn't very well go welp, that's how it is now, I guess. Better not fix it, ever! At least they admitted they made one mistake over the release of how many genes now? I joined in Oct of 15 and I've seen more than I can count, and can't remember any genes having to be fixed outside of the new colour wheel release before.

I mean, the staff DID say genes were automated now, so MAYBE someone just made the mistake of giving the wrong pattern file to the program that made the genes? It's not like it's even like, a meaningful error really. It's ... pixels ..... on a dragon on the internet, really. Not even pixels you paid for with real money, even. Cut the staff some slack, maybe open a suggestions thread for how to handle these errors if you think you have a better idea than 'admit we *******up, fix it as soon possible', and hand it in.

And then on top of that, maybe wait with your gening plans. I personally never really jump on new genes until I've given myself a few days consideration time; what looks GREAT to me right now may look terrible once I've slept on it. These genes don't, ya know. disappear. Theyre not like the festival items, or God forbid, Sprites.

tl;dr, to the people ranting how unprofessional it was handled: do you have a better idea that's not admit mistake > fix asap? Let me know, tbh.

Exactly this

I've heard people saying that people where complaining it wasn't the same on female mirrors and they wanted it all to be like it is on them and how it is now, so they changed it? If so, than what's the point of asking them to change it and then getting mad over it? And everyone complains about thylacine and how the staff should listen to feedback, yet when they do, they get attacked. Of course, this isn't the first time this has happened. They put up a poll for python/morph. The majority wanted coliseum and not just another treasure marketplace gene. They got attacked by so many people it was insane. They where just listening to feedback and where giving FR what it wanted. Where they supposed to release it the way that lost or something? What really needs to happen is that the userbase should stop being annoyed at the staff for not taking feedback on a gene, but when they do it for something they don't like, they throw rotten fruit at them. That's not fair. You can't expect them to magically know when you want them to listen to feedback and when you don't.

Imagine what it feels like to be the staff right now: Attacked and jumped on for every breath. If I where them, I would have given up by now. Most of the time, the FR userbase are really nice. Except when it comes to the people who are trying to keep them entertained and happy. Than they jump on them, attack them, yell at them for everything they do. Please remember the staff are still living humans and not some machine that does not make mistakes and does not care about insults. Really, you guys are acting as if they are. They are humans that spend their time and work on entertaining us. Yet they make a mistake and fix it, and everyone screams at them for it. It's not fair. At all.

It really ticks me off when people yell at the staff for breathing, for pretty much trying to make this site better. If this site didn't exist, than they wouldn't have made this mistake and wouldn't have fixed it. Would you prefer if the site didn't exist at all? Because they didn't have to make this game. You guys are all acting very ungrateful about this game right now.
[quote name="DragonFire" date=2016-07-01 13:37:58] They put up a poll for python/morph. The majority wanted coliseum and not just another treasure marketplace gene. They got attacked by so many people it was insane. They where just listening to feedback and where giving FR what it wanted. Where they supposed to release it the way that lost or something? What really needs to happen is that the userbase should stop being annoyed at the staff for not taking feedback on a gene, but when they do it for something they don't like, they throw rotten fruit at them. That's not fair. You can't expect them to magically know when you want them to listen to feedback and when you don't. --- It really ticks me off when people yell at the staff for breathing, for pretty much trying to make this site better. If this site didn't exist, than they wouldn't have made this mistake and wouldn't have fixed it. Would you prefer if the site didn't exist at all? Because they didn't have to make this game. You guys are all acting very ungrateful about this game right now. [/quote] while i understand what you're saying, you have to remember one thing. this is a website visited and used by[i] literally thousands of people.[/i] seeing complaints that counter each other is not because of the same people flipping on their original opinion - this is because it is impossible to please every user of the site with every update or inclusion. it is unfair to expect people to not share their opinion or critisism. this is a game and website with a heavy emphasis on the art that goes into it, and art is incredibly subjective. i voted against python and morph being coliseum genes. while the apparent majority of users disagreed with my view, that should not invalidate my opinion. i really appreciate the updates to jupiter/saturn. that doesn't make my opinion any more or less valid than those who don't like the rapid updates to it. while it might look like the site is arguing with itself sometimes, you have to remember that there are[i] so many[/i] voices and opinions behind the posts you see, and that they are all valid. --- edit : i think i finally conquered the formatting on this post lol i was struggling with that quote block
DragonFire wrote on 2016-07-01:

They put up a poll for python/morph. The majority wanted coliseum and not just another treasure marketplace gene. They got attacked by so many people it was insane. They where just listening to feedback and where giving FR what it wanted. Where they supposed to release it the way that lost or something? What really needs to happen is that the userbase should stop being annoyed at the staff for not taking feedback on a gene, but when they do it for something they don't like, they throw rotten fruit at them. That's not fair. You can't expect them to magically know when you want them to listen to feedback and when you don't.

---

It really ticks me off when people yell at the staff for breathing, for pretty much trying to make this site better. If this site didn't exist, than they wouldn't have made this mistake and wouldn't have fixed it. Would you prefer if the site didn't exist at all? Because they didn't have to make this game. You guys are all acting very ungrateful about this game right now.

while i understand what you're saying, you have to remember one thing.

this is a website visited and used by literally thousands of people. seeing complaints that counter each other is not because of the same people flipping on their original opinion - this is because it is impossible to please every user of the site with every update or inclusion. it is unfair to expect people to not share their opinion or critisism. this is a game and website with a heavy emphasis on the art that goes into it, and art is incredibly subjective.

i voted against python and morph being coliseum genes. while the apparent majority of users disagreed with my view, that should not invalidate my opinion. i really appreciate the updates to jupiter/saturn. that doesn't make my opinion any more or less valid than those who don't like the rapid updates to it.

while it might look like the site is arguing with itself sometimes, you have to remember that there are so many voices and opinions behind the posts you see, and that they are all valid.

---

edit : i think i finally conquered the formatting on this post lol i was struggling with that quote block
wind_banner.png fire_banner.png
[quote name="CosmicAsh" date=2016-07-01 00:56:14] [quote name="Alaia" date=2016-06-29 20:38:39] Gotta say I thought the larger, looser patterns looked way better :/ Now it just kind of looks like a weird Ripple/Hypnotic hybrid that comes across as noodles got thrown all over the dragon. Before [img]http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss44/AlbinoRavenChild/dragon.png[/img] After [img]http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss44/AlbinoRavenChild/dragon%201.png[/img] But I just won't get the gene myself. [/quote] Agreed. They should have left the Coatls alone. They looked way better before. I wish I wouldn't have spent the money to gene one. Now what am I going to do with him? *sigh* [/quote] i feel the same way. i'd just gened my coatl, but when i saw saturn i knew she needed it, so i jumped on it and gave it to her. now that it's updated she looks bad. i guess i'm gonna be wasting more money on giving her toxin again (after waiting a while, this time, though. if this taught me anything it's that i should have waited to see if they'd change things)
CosmicAsh wrote on 2016-07-01:
Alaia wrote on 2016-06-29:
Gotta say I thought the larger, looser patterns looked way better :/ Now it just kind of looks like a weird Ripple/Hypnotic hybrid that comes across as noodles got thrown all over the dragon.

Before
dragon.png

After
dragon%201.png

But I just won't get the gene myself.

Agreed. They should have left the Coatls alone. They looked way better before. I wish I wouldn't have spent the money to gene one. Now what am I going to do with him? *sigh*

i feel the same way. i'd just gened my coatl, but when i saw saturn i knew she needed it, so i jumped on it and gave it to her. now that it's updated she looks bad. i guess i'm gonna be wasting more money on giving her toxin again (after waiting a while, this time, though. if this taught me anything it's that i should have waited to see if they'd change things)
it / he pronouns

tumblr_inline_njw5jjRGaO1qg2i5p.gif

feel free to ping, i lose track of threads very easily!
Beautiful new gen. :)
Beautiful new gen. :)
[quote name="staticmcawesome" date=2016-07-01 14:41:12] [quote name="DragonFire" date=2016-07-01 13:37:58] They put up a poll for python/morph. The majority wanted coliseum and not just another treasure marketplace gene. They got attacked by so many people it was insane. They where just listening to feedback and where giving FR what it wanted. Where they supposed to release it the way that lost or something? What really needs to happen is that the userbase should stop being annoyed at the staff for not taking feedback on a gene, but when they do it for something they don't like, they throw rotten fruit at them. That's not fair. You can't expect them to magically know when you want them to listen to feedback and when you don't. --- It really ticks me off when people yell at the staff for breathing, for pretty much trying to make this site better. If this site didn't exist, than they wouldn't have made this mistake and wouldn't have fixed it. Would you prefer if the site didn't exist at all? Because they didn't have to make this game. You guys are all acting very ungrateful about this game right now. [/quote] while i understand what you're saying, you have to remember one thing. this is a website visited and used by[i] literally thousands of people.[/i] seeing complaints that counter each other is not because of the same people flipping on their original opinion - this is because it is impossible to please every user of the site with every update or inclusion. it is unfair to expect people to not share their opinion or critisism. this is a game and website with a heavy emphasis on the art that goes into it, and art is incredibly subjective. i voted against python and morph being coliseum genes. while the apparent majority of users disagreed with my view, that should not invalidate my opinion. i really appreciate the updates to jupiter/saturn. that doesn't make my opinion any more or less valid than those who don't like the rapid updates to it. while it might look like the site is arguing with itself sometimes, you have to remember that there are[i] so many[/i] voices and opinions behind the posts you see, and that they are all valid. --- edit : i think i finally conquered the formatting on this post lol i was struggling with that quote block [/quote] I never once said that anyone's opinion wasn't valid so I don't know where that came from. It just makes me mad that so many people are yelling at the staff every move they do. The majority wants them to listen to feedback, but when they do they're shoved against the wall and told not to do that by the majority. [i]You[/i] have to remember that the staff are actually living people. I know and remember thousands of people play this game, but that doesn't make it any more right to scream at the staff for breathing. I did not think it was right for everyone to complain about python/morph because the majority wanted that. The staff took no part in it except for taking a poll, and everyone attacked them anyway. That really bothered me. The people in this post seem to forget that the staff are trying to make us all happy with this site, and that they're living, breathing humans. All I'm asking is for people to stop attacking the staff for doing one thing they don't like because of other feedback. I understand it's impossible to please everyone, which is why I really don't think people should scream at the staff for trying to make the site happy.
staticmcawesome wrote on 2016-07-01:
DragonFire wrote on 2016-07-01:

They put up a poll for python/morph. The majority wanted coliseum and not just another treasure marketplace gene. They got attacked by so many people it was insane. They where just listening to feedback and where giving FR what it wanted. Where they supposed to release it the way that lost or something? What really needs to happen is that the userbase should stop being annoyed at the staff for not taking feedback on a gene, but when they do it for something they don't like, they throw rotten fruit at them. That's not fair. You can't expect them to magically know when you want them to listen to feedback and when you don't.

---

while i understand what you're saying, you have to remember one thing.

this is a website visited and used by literally thousands of people. seeing complaints that counter each other is not because of the same people flipping on their original opinion - this is because it is impossible to please every user of the site with every update or inclusion. it is unfair to expect people to not share their opinion or critisism. this is a game and website with a heavy emphasis on the art that goes into it, and art is incredibly subjective.

i voted against python and morph being coliseum genes. while the apparent majority of users disagreed with my view, that should not invalidate my opinion. i really appreciate the updates to jupiter/saturn. that doesn't make my opinion any more or less valid than those who don't like the rapid updates to it.

while it might look like the site is arguing with itself sometimes, you have to remember that there are so many voices and opinions behind the posts you see, and that they are all valid.

---

edit : i think i finally conquered the formatting on this post lol i was struggling with that quote block

I never once said that anyone's opinion wasn't valid so I don't know where that came from.

It just makes me mad that so many people are yelling at the staff every move they do. The majority wants them to listen to feedback, but when they do they're shoved against the wall and told not to do that by the majority.

You have to remember that the staff are actually living people. I know and remember thousands of people play this game, but that doesn't make it any more right to scream at the staff for breathing.

I did not think it was right for everyone to complain about python/morph because the majority wanted that. The staff took no part in it except for taking a poll, and everyone attacked them anyway. That really bothered me.

The people in this post seem to forget that the staff are trying to make us all happy with this site, and that they're living, breathing humans. All I'm asking is for people to stop attacking the staff for doing one thing they don't like because of other feedback. I understand it's impossible to please everyone, which is why I really don't think people should scream at the staff for trying to make the site happy.
<3
<3
<3
<3
[quote name="DragonFire" date=2016-07-02 12:04:22] I never once said that anyone's opinion wasn't valid so I don't know where that came from. It just makes me mad that so many people are yelling at the staff every move they do. The majority wants them to listen to feedback, but when they do they're shoved against the wall and told not to do that by the majority. [i]You[/i] have to remember that the staff are actually living people. I know and remember thousands of people play this game, but that doesn't make it any more right to scream at the staff for breathing. I did not think it was right for everyone to complain about python/morph because the majority wanted that. The staff took no part in it except for taking a poll, and everyone attacked them anyway. That really bothered me. The people in this post seem to forget that the staff are trying to make us all happy with this site, and that they're living, breathing humans. All I'm asking is for people to stop attacking the staff for doing one thing they don't like because of other feedback. I understand it's impossible to please everyone, which is why I really don't think people should scream at the staff for trying to make the site happy. [/quote] where i felt it was necessary to mention that all opinions are valid is because the tone of your post seems to be telling people not to critique the staff. i haven't seen anyone 'yelling at the staff for breathing'. i have seen no personal attacks against the staff whatsoever. i have seen people questioning their choices, and rightly so - yes, the staff are human, but they should not be above questioning and criticism. it's totally fair for users to question the staff. of course the staff want to make us happy! but if [i]unhappy [/i]players never speak up, nothing will change. this [i]is [/i]a business for them, and unhappy customers will leave. the staff does not want users to leave. your use of 'the majority' also is not entirely in the right scope, i feel. the way i'm reading your post, it sounds as if you feel the same voices are complaining about everything. of course people who agreed with the vote for python and morph aren't going to complain about it. the [i]vocal [/i]majority is not always going to be the same as the [i]actual [/i]majority. it's not like the same people who voted for those genes to be coli genes then suddenly changed their minds. different sets of people are speaking up with different opinions. everyone here knows the staff are people. that's why they feel they can speak up about things they disagree with, because they know on the other side of the screen an actual person is seeing what's being said. everyone wants their voice to be heard, and yes, everyone would like things to go a certain way. unfortunately, that doesn't usually mesh with what other people would like. there are lots of people in this thread thanking the staff for these new genes, thanking them for the extra work they're going to in fixing them up! in every update thread, there are people thankful and happy for the things the staff has done. i really like this site! but that doesn't mean i won't speak up if i feel a poor choice has been made. nobody should feel like they can't speak up and voice their opinions, because those opinions also come from real, living people, and their feelings are just as valid as those of the staff.
DragonFire wrote on 2016-07-02:

I never once said that anyone's opinion wasn't valid so I don't know where that came from.

It just makes me mad that so many people are yelling at the staff every move they do. The majority wants them to listen to feedback, but when they do they're shoved against the wall and told not to do that by the majority.

You have to remember that the staff are actually living people. I know and remember thousands of people play this game, but that doesn't make it any more right to scream at the staff for breathing.

I did not think it was right for everyone to complain about python/morph because the majority wanted that. The staff took no part in it except for taking a poll, and everyone attacked them anyway. That really bothered me.

The people in this post seem to forget that the staff are trying to make us all happy with this site, and that they're living, breathing humans. All I'm asking is for people to stop attacking the staff for doing one thing they don't like because of other feedback. I understand it's impossible to please everyone, which is why I really don't think people should scream at the staff for trying to make the site happy.

where i felt it was necessary to mention that all opinions are valid is because the tone of your post seems to be telling people not to critique the staff. i haven't seen anyone 'yelling at the staff for breathing'. i have seen no personal attacks against the staff whatsoever. i have seen people questioning their choices, and rightly so - yes, the staff are human, but they should not be above questioning and criticism. it's totally fair for users to question the staff. of course the staff want to make us happy! but if unhappy players never speak up, nothing will change. this is a business for them, and unhappy customers will leave. the staff does not want users to leave.

your use of 'the majority' also is not entirely in the right scope, i feel. the way i'm reading your post, it sounds as if you feel the same voices are complaining about everything. of course people who agreed with the vote for python and morph aren't going to complain about it. the vocal majority is not always going to be the same as the actual majority. it's not like the same people who voted for those genes to be coli genes then suddenly changed their minds. different sets of people are speaking up with different opinions.

everyone here knows the staff are people. that's why they feel they can speak up about things they disagree with, because they know on the other side of the screen an actual person is seeing what's being said. everyone wants their voice to be heard, and yes, everyone would like things to go a certain way. unfortunately, that doesn't usually mesh with what other people would like.

there are lots of people in this thread thanking the staff for these new genes, thanking them for the extra work they're going to in fixing them up! in every update thread, there are people thankful and happy for the things the staff has done. i really like this site! but that doesn't mean i won't speak up if i feel a poor choice has been made. nobody should feel like they can't speak up and voice their opinions, because those opinions also come from real, living people, and their feelings are just as valid as those of the staff.
wind_banner.png fire_banner.png
[quote name="staticmcawesome" date=2016-07-02 13:51:46] [quote name="DragonFire" date=2016-07-02 12:04:22] I never once said that anyone's opinion wasn't valid so I don't know where that came from. It just makes me mad that so many people are yelling at the staff every move they do. The majority wants them to listen to feedback, but when they do they're shoved against the wall and told not to do that by the majority. [i]You[/i] have to remember that the staff are actually living people. I know and remember thousands of people play this game, but that doesn't make it any more right to scream at the staff for breathing. I did not think it was right for everyone to complain about python/morph because the majority wanted that. The staff took no part in it except for taking a poll, and everyone attacked them anyway. That really bothered me. The people in this post seem to forget that the staff are trying to make us all happy with this site, and that they're living, breathing humans. All I'm asking is for people to stop attacking the staff for doing one thing they don't like because of other feedback. I understand it's impossible to please everyone, which is why I really don't think people should scream at the staff for trying to make the site happy. [/quote] where i felt it was necessary to mention that all opinions are valid is because the tone of your post seems to be telling people not to critique the staff. i haven't seen anyone 'yelling at the staff for breathing'. i have seen no personal attacks against the staff whatsoever. i have seen people questioning their choices, and rightly so - yes, the staff are human, but they should not be above questioning and criticism. it's totally fair for users to question the staff. of course the staff want to make us happy! but if [i]unhappy [/i]players never speak up, nothing will change. this [i]is [/i]a business for them, and unhappy customers will leave. the staff does not want users to leave. your use of 'the majority' also is not entirely in the right scope, i feel. the way i'm reading your post, it sounds as if you feel the same voices are complaining about everything. of course people who agreed with the vote for python and morph aren't going to complain about it. the [i]vocal [/i]majority is not always going to be the same as the [i]actual [/i]majority. it's not like the same people who voted for those genes to be coli genes then suddenly changed their minds. different sets of people are speaking up with different opinions. everyone here knows the staff are people. that's why they feel they can speak up about things they disagree with, because they know on the other side of the screen an actual person is seeing what's being said. everyone wants their voice to be heard, and yes, everyone would like things to go a certain way. unfortunately, that doesn't usually mesh with what other people would like. there are lots of people in this thread thanking the staff for these new genes, thanking them for the extra work they're going to in fixing them up! in every update thread, there are people thankful and happy for the things the staff has done. i really like this site! but that doesn't mean i won't speak up if i feel a poor choice has been made. nobody should feel like they can't speak up and voice their opinions, because those opinions also come from real, living people, and their feelings are just as valid as those of the staff. [/quote] I'm not saying people shouldn't feel as if they cannot speak up. I'm saying they could give the staff a bit of space to breathe. My "Yelling at the staff for breathing" was not literal. What I'm saying is that people are jumping on them every time they do anything. All this yelling at the staff isn't going to do any good, either. Yes, people are allowed to give feedback. I'm not denying that. But I don't think it is fair to not make any room for mistakes. They are only human, and all humans make mistakes. Perhaps I worded my post wrong. All I mean to say is that people should really give the staff room for mistakes and that the staff don't deserve to be pounded on like this because it really isn't fair. Again, I know their feelings are just as valid as the staff's feelings. I never, ever once said they weren't. I feel like you're either twisting my words or taking my post wrong. But just imagine how it would feel for you to be taking feedback and everyone yells at you for doing so, yet they tell you to take polls in the same posts. It really does not make any sense to me. Yes, unhappy players should speak up. But again, just [i]give the staff some breathing room.[/i] The same people who want thylacine to be changed wants jupiter and saturn to stay the same, when they appear to both be mistakes. If they make a mistake, they need to fix it. They can't just fix it for one gene and not fix it for the other, and I feel like most people expect them too. (As a side note, fixing thylacine would be nice. I don't mind it but a lot of people do, and it is probably a mistake.) My biggest problem is that the majority seems to be saying "Do this. No you weren't supposed to do the same thing with that, only this!" Maybe I twisted my words a bit. Sometimes I'm not the best and stating what I mean clearly. Especially online, sometimes I just can't find the right words. But all I mean is that people should give the staff some room for mistakes, because everyone makes them.
staticmcawesome wrote on 2016-07-02:
DragonFire wrote on 2016-07-02:

where i felt it was necessary to mention that all opinions are valid is because the tone of your post seems to be telling people not to critique the staff. i haven't seen anyone 'yelling at the staff for breathing'. i have seen no personal attacks against the staff whatsoever. i have seen people questioning their choices, and rightly so - yes, the staff are human, but they should not be above questioning and criticism. it's totally fair for users to question the staff. of course the staff want to make us happy! but if unhappy players never speak up, nothing will change. this is a business for them, and unhappy customers will leave. the staff does not want users to leave.

your use of 'the majority' also is not entirely in the right scope, i feel. the way i'm reading your post, it sounds as if you feel the same voices are complaining about everything. of course people who agreed with the vote for python and morph aren't going to complain about it. the vocal majority is not always going to be the same as the actual majority. it's not like the same people who voted for those genes to be coli genes then suddenly changed their minds. different sets of people are speaking up with different opinions.

everyone here knows the staff are people. that's why they feel they can speak up about things they disagree with, because they know on the other side of the screen an actual person is seeing what's being said. everyone wants their voice to be heard, and yes, everyone would like things to go a certain way. unfortunately, that doesn't usually mesh with what other people would like.

there are lots of people in this thread thanking the staff for these new genes, thanking them for the extra work they're going to in fixing them up! in every update thread, there are people thankful and happy for the things the staff has done. i really like this site! but that doesn't mean i won't speak up if i feel a poor choice has been made. nobody should feel like they can't speak up and voice their opinions, because those opinions also come from real, living people, and their feelings are just as valid as those of the staff.

I'm not saying people shouldn't feel as if they cannot speak up. I'm saying they could give the staff a bit of space to breathe.

My "Yelling at the staff for breathing" was not literal. What I'm saying is that people are jumping on them every time they do anything.

All this yelling at the staff isn't going to do any good, either. Yes, people are allowed to give feedback. I'm not denying that. But I don't think it is fair to not make any room for mistakes. They are only human, and all humans make mistakes.

Perhaps I worded my post wrong. All I mean to say is that people should really give the staff room for mistakes and that the staff don't deserve to be pounded on like this because it really isn't fair.

Again, I know their feelings are just as valid as the staff's feelings. I never, ever once said they weren't. I feel like you're either twisting my words or taking my post wrong. But just imagine how it would feel for you to be taking feedback and everyone yells at you for doing so, yet they tell you to take polls in the same posts. It really does not make any sense to me.

Yes, unhappy players should speak up. But again, just give the staff some breathing room. The same people who want thylacine to be changed wants jupiter and saturn to stay the same, when they appear to both be mistakes. If they make a mistake, they need to fix it. They can't just fix it for one gene and not fix it for the other, and I feel like most people expect them too. (As a side note, fixing thylacine would be nice. I don't mind it but a lot of people do, and it is probably a mistake.) My biggest problem is that the majority seems to be saying "Do this. No you weren't supposed to do the same thing with that, only this!"

Maybe I twisted my words a bit. Sometimes I'm not the best and stating what I mean clearly. Especially online, sometimes I just can't find the right words. But all I mean is that people should give the staff some room for mistakes, because everyone makes them.
[img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=88&bodygene=14&breed=11&element=4&gender=1&tert=47&tertgene=0&winggene=3&wings=56&auth=1e892240d44b343193b540a186e41762b0464d02&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Honestly mistook Jupiter for Ripple
dragon?age=1&body=88&bodygene=14&breed=11&element=4&gender=1&tert=47&tertgene=0&winggene=3&wings=56&auth=1e892240d44b343193b540a186e41762b0464d02&dummyext=prev.png
Honestly mistook Jupiter for Ripple
1vAtYxM.png
3EXA1Nv.png
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87