Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, May 2016
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
I am new to this game... so I was not aware of the exalting issues. I found this article funny in a sad way... because I just could not believe this drama that people selling IMAGES (png) of dragons get all sensitive and controlling and then others purposely harass them in return, etc. I thought the article was a joke at first, then read more and saw it was not.

Seriously? it is a game... they are png images... people need to get a reality check.

I am glad you addressed this, because as a new player, if I had run into such immature nonsense, I might have left this game/site completely, as I cannot be bothered.
I am new to this game... so I was not aware of the exalting issues. I found this article funny in a sad way... because I just could not believe this drama that people selling IMAGES (png) of dragons get all sensitive and controlling and then others purposely harass them in return, etc. I thought the article was a joke at first, then read more and saw it was not.

Seriously? it is a game... they are png images... people need to get a reality check.

I am glad you addressed this, because as a new player, if I had run into such immature nonsense, I might have left this game/site completely, as I cannot be bothered.

35816681276_a871bdc8a0.jpg
I'm really late to this party but I just wanted to add my piece. I am not too upset when people exalt my more beautiful dragons. I'm guilty in asking some people to not exalt, but I always say that if there comes a time when they no longer want the dragon, they can just send it back to me and I'll refund them. Those were my more special, older dragons that I held onto for a long time before selling.

Anyway, the way I see it is that no matter what happens to a dragon, whoever you are selling it to, you are making someone happy. Someone is happy because they bought a beautiful dragon that they'll love, and someone is also happy that they are exalting to get some more treasure for that breeding project they've been working towards for months. Every dragon, kept or not, never goes to waste. And if we really want to, we can breed that dragon again. That's the beauty of this site. Maybe it'll take some work, but that could be the difference, and you'll love the new dragon more. For those who put alot of lore into their dragons, sure it can be heartbreaking when someone gets exalted, but it is one hundred percent true that the ownership no longer applies when someone chooses to sell their dragon.
The idea though that someone would deliberately exalt just to make someone upset is baffling. No doubt it happens, but that's just unnecessarily cruel. Alot of people do consider their dragons their babies, and to have them thrown in their face like that is just awful. Just like when people steal dragons. These unfortunate owners definitely have my sympathy.
I'm really late to this party but I just wanted to add my piece. I am not too upset when people exalt my more beautiful dragons. I'm guilty in asking some people to not exalt, but I always say that if there comes a time when they no longer want the dragon, they can just send it back to me and I'll refund them. Those were my more special, older dragons that I held onto for a long time before selling.

Anyway, the way I see it is that no matter what happens to a dragon, whoever you are selling it to, you are making someone happy. Someone is happy because they bought a beautiful dragon that they'll love, and someone is also happy that they are exalting to get some more treasure for that breeding project they've been working towards for months. Every dragon, kept or not, never goes to waste. And if we really want to, we can breed that dragon again. That's the beauty of this site. Maybe it'll take some work, but that could be the difference, and you'll love the new dragon more. For those who put alot of lore into their dragons, sure it can be heartbreaking when someone gets exalted, but it is one hundred percent true that the ownership no longer applies when someone chooses to sell their dragon.
The idea though that someone would deliberately exalt just to make someone upset is baffling. No doubt it happens, but that's just unnecessarily cruel. Alot of people do consider their dragons their babies, and to have them thrown in their face like that is just awful. Just like when people steal dragons. These unfortunate owners definitely have my sympathy.
@fablethewolf

That was a very nice paragraph you did there <3

I need to remember to stop selling my precious dragons because they keep getting exalted to the Plaguebringer. XD
@fablethewolf

That was a very nice paragraph you did there <3

I need to remember to stop selling my precious dragons because they keep getting exalted to the Plaguebringer. XD
OjYCOIV.png
@Gazebo It was a little wordy in places and I think some of my punctuation was wrong but thank you very much! :D It's always a tough balance between wanting more dragons and keeping what you already have alive.
@Gazebo It was a little wordy in places and I think some of my punctuation was wrong but thank you very much! :D It's always a tough balance between wanting more dragons and keeping what you already have alive.
@fablethewolf

Yep!
@fablethewolf

Yep!
OjYCOIV.png
Noooooooooooooo! Goodbye @Loddie !!! I'll miss you so much as a mod *cries*
Noooooooooooooo! Goodbye @Loddie !!! I'll miss you so much as a mod *cries*
21403.png
NocteLucerna

she/her
light flight
So, there's been times where I buy a dragon at exalt price to exalt from the AH and immediately get a mail from the owner with one of those sob stories of
"I'm glad this dragon found a home with you! guilttripguilttripguilttrip...."

I've usually just deleted those or put that person on ignore because, wow.... there are better ways to sell a treasured hatchling but does this mean it can be considered harassment? I mean, if they're mailling me with this garbage, how many other people have also been pinged with this unfair guilt tripping?
So, there's been times where I buy a dragon at exalt price to exalt from the AH and immediately get a mail from the owner with one of those sob stories of
"I'm glad this dragon found a home with you! guilttripguilttripguilttrip...."

I've usually just deleted those or put that person on ignore because, wow.... there are better ways to sell a treasured hatchling but does this mean it can be considered harassment? I mean, if they're mailling me with this garbage, how many other people have also been pinged with this unfair guilt tripping?
Y3kY2LN.png
[center][img]http://imgur.com/iP5VE34.png[/img][/center]
iP5VE34.png
o007-d01-Amorah.pngo007-d02-Amorah.pngo007-d03-Amorah.pngo007-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d01-Amorah.pngs064-d02-Amorah.pngs064-d03-Amorah.pngs064-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d05-Amorah.pngs064-d06-Amorah.pngs064-d07-Amorah.pngs064-d08-Amorah.pngs064-d09-Amorah.pngs064-d10-Amorah.pngs075-d01-Amorah.pngs075-d02-Amorah.pngs075-d03-Amorah.pngs075-d04-Amorah.pngs075-d05-Amorah.pngs075-d06-Amorah.pngo007-d05-Amorah.png
ADb9Vnz.png
The expanded color wheel comes out the day after my birthday
The expanded color wheel comes out the day after my birthday
NWaVGQJ.png
@Shian How were they guilt tripping you? You'll have to be more specific about that. If they were thanking you for buying their dragon and wishing it well with you, that's not harassment. Even if they're unknowing about your actions.

There is nothing wrong with a past owner thanking you for buying their dragon. That's not harassment. If anything that's just them being polite and happy that you bought it, nothing more. Unless they start insulting you over exalting or tell other players not to associate with you because of it, what you're talking about doesn't cover the definition of harassment.

They're honestly just being nice from what you've said.
@Shian How were they guilt tripping you? You'll have to be more specific about that. If they were thanking you for buying their dragon and wishing it well with you, that's not harassment. Even if they're unknowing about your actions.

There is nothing wrong with a past owner thanking you for buying their dragon. That's not harassment. If anything that's just them being polite and happy that you bought it, nothing more. Unless they start insulting you over exalting or tell other players not to associate with you because of it, what you're talking about doesn't cover the definition of harassment.

They're honestly just being nice from what you've said.
72374610.png FoHUc9c.png
XGkYzjm.png
yHOcO3G.png
58T08n9.png
1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48