Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, May 2016
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 47 48
@albinoleopard -

I feel ya - though I might not have it as hard as you, I understand! And no problem. Good day and I wish you the best of luck!~
@albinoleopard -

I feel ya - though I might not have it as hard as you, I understand! And no problem. Good day and I wish you the best of luck!~
z0d96Tv.png peri, he/him
adult
fr time
quitting/gone
@Sharpstar Thanks!
@Sharpstar Thanks!
OLAUQNQe_400x400.jpg
@PotatoGenus
You are free to ask that they don't, but you can't demand that they don't or call them out in any way if they do.

Over 90% of dragons will be exalted at some point. That's the way the site works. If somebody dresses up one of your dragons, hatches a few nests with them, and enjoys them for a while, that's about the best you're going to get.
@PotatoGenus
You are free to ask that they don't, but you can't demand that they don't or call them out in any way if they do.

Over 90% of dragons will be exalted at some point. That's the way the site works. If somebody dresses up one of your dragons, hatches a few nests with them, and enjoys them for a while, that's about the best you're going to get.
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
@Aequorin On the exalt rules, I have a couple questions on cases, one which I don't believe is in the spirit of what you're specifying, and one which is an edge case.

1) In the past, I've sold dragons with the request that if an owner tires of them, they sell them back to me for the full purchase price of the dragon rather than exalt it. (Usually I also include this in the dragon's bio as a reminder). Is this still allowed, considering I'm offering to pay full price back as an alternative (which is again assuming they're exalting for space/money reasons, while I fully understand 'I want to keep this rare' reasons don't qualify)?

2) more frequently and importantly, I sometimes sell dragons with specific names *as exalt fodder* to people within my flight for a discount under the condition they not be renamed before being exalted (and that they be exalted promptly). Considering this is done exclusively through threads created/maintained for selling exalt fodder, is this acceptable, or does it fall under harassment?

Edit: I guess the tl;dr of what I'm asking on point two -- if both buyer and seller agree on conditions explicitly stated at the time of sale during private transactions not through the AH, is this still okay, or does that constitute harassment just to create terms of the sale?
@Aequorin On the exalt rules, I have a couple questions on cases, one which I don't believe is in the spirit of what you're specifying, and one which is an edge case.

1) In the past, I've sold dragons with the request that if an owner tires of them, they sell them back to me for the full purchase price of the dragon rather than exalt it. (Usually I also include this in the dragon's bio as a reminder). Is this still allowed, considering I'm offering to pay full price back as an alternative (which is again assuming they're exalting for space/money reasons, while I fully understand 'I want to keep this rare' reasons don't qualify)?

2) more frequently and importantly, I sometimes sell dragons with specific names *as exalt fodder* to people within my flight for a discount under the condition they not be renamed before being exalted (and that they be exalted promptly). Considering this is done exclusively through threads created/maintained for selling exalt fodder, is this acceptable, or does it fall under harassment?

Edit: I guess the tl;dr of what I'm asking on point two -- if both buyer and seller agree on conditions explicitly stated at the time of sale during private transactions not through the AH, is this still okay, or does that constitute harassment just to create terms of the sale?
o.pngo.pngo.pngo.pngo.pngo.png yCzY.png
Occasionally on unannounced/unplanned hiatus. See profile for Discord to contact off-site if needed for art reasons.
WBnypko.png

GaBLRrs.png

-raises hand-

Not sure if this was asked yet, but for the ruling that any post trying to get players to play your way is harassment, does that include rental dragon threads?
My flight periodically loans out high level dragons to lowbies to help them power level, but only under the condition that they return the dragon and not sell or exalt it. Since you are asking them not to do something with a dragon you gave them, is it still harassment, or does the nature of it being a loaner dragon negate the harassment quality of the "plz dont sell/exalt" request?
-raises hand-

Not sure if this was asked yet, but for the ruling that any post trying to get players to play your way is harassment, does that include rental dragon threads?
My flight periodically loans out high level dragons to lowbies to help them power level, but only under the condition that they return the dragon and not sell or exalt it. Since you are asking them not to do something with a dragon you gave them, is it still harassment, or does the nature of it being a loaner dragon negate the harassment quality of the "plz dont sell/exalt" request?
@Zemratsu owo~ Hello~ I hope you do not mind me answering your question~ Dragon lending is not supported by FR. Below is a quote from the Terms of Use. Technically, once someone has your dragon--it's theirs. You just have to be careful and hope that the person is considerate and returns your dragon back to you. :3

http://www1.flightrising.com/site/terms-use

n. Item or dragon "lending" is not a supported transaction. The Flight Rising development and moderation team will not be able to assist in cases where a lent item or dragon is not returned, and these types of deals are conducted at the user's own risk. To avoid fradulent trades, please use the Auction House or Crossroads. (Updated 6/17/2013)
@Zemratsu owo~ Hello~ I hope you do not mind me answering your question~ Dragon lending is not supported by FR. Below is a quote from the Terms of Use. Technically, once someone has your dragon--it's theirs. You just have to be careful and hope that the person is considerate and returns your dragon back to you. :3

http://www1.flightrising.com/site/terms-use

n. Item or dragon "lending" is not a supported transaction. The Flight Rising development and moderation team will not be able to assist in cases where a lent item or dragon is not returned, and these types of deals are conducted at the user's own risk. To avoid fradulent trades, please use the Auction House or Crossroads. (Updated 6/17/2013)
RVCJPrX.png
[quote name="Zemratsu" date=2016-05-21 15:45:34] -raises hand- Not sure if this was asked yet, but for the ruling that any post trying to get players to play your way is harassment, does that include rental dragon threads? My flight periodically loans out high level dragons to lowbies to help them power level, but only under the condition that they return the dragon and not sell or exalt it. Since you are asking them not to do something with a dragon you gave them, is it still harassment, or does the nature of it being a loaner dragon negate the harassment quality of the "plz dont sell/exalt" request? [/quote] @Zemratsu As has been stated throughout this thread, a request is fine and does not constitute as harassment. You can request that lendees respect the intended purpose of the loan system. HOWEVER lending isn't an official part of FR, it is a player construct, and once that dragon is sent out, according to the official site rules, that dragon belongs to that user. If they then elect to keep the loaned dragon, you can request they return it -but you cannot demand nor force them to do so, and tha, or publicly blacklisting them for not submitting to the request, would consitute harassment.
Zemratsu wrote on 2016-05-21:
-raises hand-

@Zemratsu
As has been stated throughout this thread, a request is fine and does not constitute as harassment. You can request that lendees respect the intended purpose of the loan system. HOWEVER lending isn't an official part of FR, it is a player construct, and once that dragon is sent out, according to the official site rules, that dragon belongs to that user. If they then elect to keep the loaned dragon, you can request they return it -but you cannot demand nor force them to do so, and tha, or publicly blacklisting them for not submitting to the request, would consitute harassment.
sEHHQlL.pngUAhH4h6.pngF1VaRWN.pngW9Ew1Ol.png1LDX09c.pngdKMIE4u.png9KYYpWL.pngnFg3qVJ.png WVviIzM.pngeJlYHS7.png4amEjvc.pngVeAUBHV.pngjxQBuXD.png 5jalyiR.pngqEk2NRE.pngPWEmOPW.pngE7LGv21.png03Nt3eg.png46vIbcJ.pngzlTpkeg.png
ah yes, good work staff! taking a good, solid stance and not picking a side and going with it! :D

(also i'm honestly glad i never ran into anyone who has gotten mad at me for exalting their dragons -- i was always really nervous about that whenever i bought dragons with names and stuff)
ah yes, good work staff! taking a good, solid stance and not picking a side and going with it! :D

(also i'm honestly glad i never ran into anyone who has gotten mad at me for exalting their dragons -- i was always really nervous about that whenever i bought dragons with names and stuff)
meep
@Wolke
Ah, I did misread a bit then. I definitely see what you mean now, maybe in the next Community Update we might hear something about mispriced dragons? I've never bought a mispriced dragon before, but I can imagine getting messages about them does put a buyer in a hard position. It really isn't a buyer's fault, and sold is sold, unless a price is agreed upon beforehand and the wrong amount of currency is traded. And I have seen users say those kinds of messages of "thanks for buying my baby" makes them uncomfortable if they're an exalting lair.
Thanks for the polite response and clarification. ^^
@Wolke
Ah, I did misread a bit then. I definitely see what you mean now, maybe in the next Community Update we might hear something about mispriced dragons? I've never bought a mispriced dragon before, but I can imagine getting messages about them does put a buyer in a hard position. It really isn't a buyer's fault, and sold is sold, unless a price is agreed upon beforehand and the wrong amount of currency is traded. And I have seen users say those kinds of messages of "thanks for buying my baby" makes them uncomfortable if they're an exalting lair.
Thanks for the polite response and clarification. ^^
Demesne, s before n || Avatar || Dragon Sales || CrimQuest || Coli Grinder

A cropped image of the Hall of Armor Scene. There is a long hall lined with sets of armor modeled after Coatl dragons on the left and Guardian dragons on the right. Sunlight streams in from windows on the left side.
[quote name="Ygdrasill" date=2016-05-21 10:04:12] @jennysyc [quote name="jennysyc" date=2016-05-21 03:08:23] Considering the dragon was exalted to another flight's deity - a flight that was currently engaged in a dominance battle - and a quick check of the newbie's forums posts are all towards getting free dragons or voting for said flight's dominance win, is that better grounds for the admin to investigate? [/quote] Actually, that would probably make your case worse since they had a good reason for exalting that dragon that in no way involved harassing you. Basically the clarified policy means there are no enforceable contracts between buyer and seller once a dragon is transferred. If a person's flight is going for dominance, it would probably take some pretty strong evidence for them to be found to be 'spite exalting'. [/quote] Actually, I was suspecting that the 'newbie' is a dummy account registered by an old player who wanted to take advantage of all the 'free dragons for new players!' and grab fodder.
Ygdrasill wrote on 2016-05-21:
@jennysyc
jennysyc wrote on 2016-05-21:
Considering the dragon was exalted to another flight's deity - a flight that was currently engaged in a dominance battle - and a quick check of the newbie's forums posts are all towards getting free dragons or voting for said flight's dominance win, is that better grounds for the admin to investigate?

Actually, that would probably make your case worse since they had a good reason for exalting that dragon that in no way involved harassing you. Basically the clarified policy means there are no enforceable contracts between buyer and seller once a dragon is transferred. If a person's flight is going for dominance, it would probably take some pretty strong evidence for them to be found to be 'spite exalting'.

Actually, I was suspecting that the 'newbie' is a dummy account registered by an old player who wanted to take advantage of all the 'free dragons for new players!' and grab fodder.
U5mpAOy.png
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 47 48