Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Clutch Balance and Lonely Hatchlings
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 24 25
My two egg clutch now only has one! Which I suppose is fine, just ... was that supposed to happen? Oh, code.

(Apologies if this has already come up, I'm on a phone and can't read all the comments!)
My two egg clutch now only has one! Which I suppose is fine, just ... was that supposed to happen? Oh, code.

(Apologies if this has already come up, I'm on a phone and can't read all the comments!)
tumblr_o2jxfkPqdI1v576mmo3_500.png
I wish the odds were changed before I joined up. Only got 1 egg the first time, and 2 eggs this round. Really glad 1 egg will be a rare-ish occurance now. From what I've seen from my friends, it felt more like 40% chance before XD;
I wish the odds were changed before I joined up. Only got 1 egg the first time, and 2 eggs this round. Really glad 1 egg will be a rare-ish occurance now. From what I've seen from my friends, it felt more like 40% chance before XD;
arcane_ani.gifQFMsHc3.pngarcane_ani.gif
ARGH! I am so dumb. If I'd waited patiently I would have at least a second egg for my first Wildclaw hatching which had resulted in an EXTREMELY disappointing single egg.

Why am I so impatient! Not only that it was kind of a wasted Boon. Ah well.
ARGH! I am so dumb. If I'd waited patiently I would have at least a second egg for my first Wildclaw hatching which had resulted in an EXTREMELY disappointing single egg.

Why am I so impatient! Not only that it was kind of a wasted Boon. Ah well.
@Sigrun That doesn't sound right. :-/ Please report that to the bug reports forum pronto with any additional info you can provide. Clutch sizes should not be decreasing. If you lose an egg due to forgetting to incubate, it leaves you a sad broken egg. :-/ A complete disappearance is something I've never heard of. =X
@Sigrun That doesn't sound right. :-/ Please report that to the bug reports forum pronto with any additional info you can provide. Clutch sizes should not be decreasing. If you lose an egg due to forgetting to incubate, it leaves you a sad broken egg. :-/ A complete disappearance is something I've never heard of. =X
And thank you to the admins for always being so open and willing to explain all the details!
And thank you to the admins for always being so open and willing to explain all the details!
~Starlight Craig Hatchery~

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=baz&id=311171
NOW OPEN
Ah, thank you so much! My Guardian seems to be not very fertile (one egg nests everywhere!) so this will be a great help.

Man, you guys are great at addressing this stuff. Thanks again for being such great admins!
Ah, thank you so much! My Guardian seems to be not very fertile (one egg nests everywhere!) so this will be a great help.

Man, you guys are great at addressing this stuff. Thanks again for being such great admins!
light_banner.pnglight_banner.pngfrsignature.jpglight_banner.pnglight_banner.png
Thank you! So happy about an extra egg. :D

The extra egg was puzzling me this morning, not in a bad way though.

It makes sense to me that a chance at five eggs would be a reward for taking the risk of crossing two species. My headcanon is now that the species are a bit inbred, so more eggs are laid if you bring in genes from a second species.

Hrmm. I wonder what would happen if there was a species which had to have three parents of three species; but would result in a larger clutch or shorter cooldown. One that was a symbiote on the others, because it could never breed with its own species.
Thank you! So happy about an extra egg. :D

The extra egg was puzzling me this morning, not in a bad way though.

It makes sense to me that a chance at five eggs would be a reward for taking the risk of crossing two species. My headcanon is now that the species are a bit inbred, so more eggs are laid if you bring in genes from a second species.

Hrmm. I wonder what would happen if there was a species which had to have three parents of three species; but would result in a larger clutch or shorter cooldown. One that was a symbiote on the others, because it could never breed with its own species.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
....why did I use my boon of fertility on my one-egg nest? Why? Looks like I really am unlucky with everything u_u
....why did I use my boon of fertility on my one-egg nest? Why? Looks like I really am unlucky with everything u_u
Thanks for the balance changes and for turning two of my one-egg clutches into two-egg clutches! ;P Surely a nice surprise.

I'm absolutely fine with five eggs only being available for crossing two different species. As Lightning said, it makes sense and five eggs should stay special anyway in my opinion =)

Thank you once again for always caring that much about user suggestions and wishes!
Thanks for the balance changes and for turning two of my one-egg clutches into two-egg clutches! ;P Surely a nice surprise.

I'm absolutely fine with five eggs only being available for crossing two different species. As Lightning said, it makes sense and five eggs should stay special anyway in my opinion =)

Thank you once again for always caring that much about user suggestions and wishes!
ShDdjsG.gif ---
H I D D E N • S A N C T U M
pV7y7eJ.png
"I circle around God, around the ancient tower,
and I have circled for thousands of years ..."
I like the changes to having one egg nests being less common, and two to three egg nests being most common, but I'm not a fan of having the five egg nest being between dragons of different species only. I invested a lot of treasure into pairing up my dragons of the same species as mates, and now my investment is not so good. Why not have the odds be the same all across the board? It would give you less code to worry about at any rate, and all breedings get the 5% rarity of a five egg nest, which to me seems the most fair.
I like the changes to having one egg nests being less common, and two to three egg nests being most common, but I'm not a fan of having the five egg nest being between dragons of different species only. I invested a lot of treasure into pairing up my dragons of the same species as mates, and now my investment is not so good. Why not have the odds be the same all across the board? It would give you less code to worry about at any rate, and all breedings get the 5% rarity of a five egg nest, which to me seems the most fair.
I am also on T5CmrJd.png
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 24 25