Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Clutch Balance and Lonely Hatchlings
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24 25
And here I thought my dragons went out and stole an egg lol. I just started yesterday but I think the update is fair.
And here I thought my dragons went out and stole an egg lol. I just started yesterday but I think the update is fair.
SPDT1_zps48df29df.png
Oh my god I am so excited! :D

I had an unlucky streak of two single-egg clutches and was pretty disappointed... now they&#039;re two-egg clutches! <33 Eee I can&#039;t wait to see them hatch, now!
Oh my god I am so excited! :D

I had an unlucky streak of two single-egg clutches and was pretty disappointed... now they&#039;re two-egg clutches! <33 Eee I can&#039;t wait to see them hatch, now!
n90lOGR.png
tn0RSo5.png
MUYNhfy.png
pyAp3dI.png
xmikUei.png
[quote name="Mutie" date="2013-06-27 11:50:34" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=9&id=176394#180859"]:/ Couldn't you have tweaked the egg percentages without shafting people who want to breed same-species dragons? Here I was making plans to turn my first two dragons into spirals because I've been in love with that breed since I joined, and now there are compelling reasons to make one of them a different species JUST because of these changes. What is even the point? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the fact it's now much less likely to get 1 egg in a clutch, but the rest of these tweaks were unnecessary and illogical.[/quote] Same here, I don't get why people get penalized that want to make purebred dragons and not breed with everything and everyone that they run across. I enjoy neat lineages where the parents etc are the same breed and not some horribly mixed up nearly inbred furbar. With that penalty I will probably never get my 5 clutch achievement because it FORCES me to make furbar clutches just to get it. UGH.
:/ Couldn&#039;t you have tweaked the egg percentages without shafting people who want to breed same-species dragons? Here I was making plans to turn my first two dragons into spirals because I&#039;ve been in love with that breed since I joined, and now there are compelling reasons to make one of them a different species JUST because of these changes. What is even the point?

Don&#039;t get me wrong, I appreciate the fact it&#039;s now much less likely to get 1 egg in a clutch, but the rest of these tweaks were unnecessary and illogical.

Same here, I don&#039;t get why people get penalized that want to make purebred dragons and not breed with everything and everyone that they run across. I enjoy neat lineages where the parents etc are the same breed and not some horribly mixed up nearly inbred furbar. With that penalty I will probably never get my 5 clutch achievement because it FORCES me to make furbar clutches just to get it. UGH.
m5kNycY.pngFMdbyfP.pnge3svukl.pngLSkUnqX.png
Sorry if I come off as rude, but is there an actual reason as to why the chance to have 5-egg clutches from two parents of the same breed was taken away or were you guys just bored? I don&#039;t see the point in that change at all.
Sorry if I come off as rude, but is there an actual reason as to why the chance to have 5-egg clutches from two parents of the same breed was taken away or were you guys just bored? I don&#039;t see the point in that change at all.
arcane_banner.png
@Craymen I almost did the same exact thing! I guess old habits die hard. XD

To the Flight Rising team--

I really appreciate this change, especially since my dragons came off cool down this morning! Out of our four-person apartment, 50% got 3 eggs (the girls) and the other 50% (our boyfriends) got 1 from our starters. We settled for thinking ladies just have that special "romantic" touch. jk

This feels a lot more balanced. But I do agree with other people saying that the starter breeds should still have the 5-egg chance. Honestly, I don&#039;t want to redo my breeding pairs, since it makes sense to me that a dragon would be more likely to breed within his or her species. I just want that achievement, durnit. =]
@Craymen I almost did the same exact thing! I guess old habits die hard. XD

To the Flight Rising team--

I really appreciate this change, especially since my dragons came off cool down this morning! Out of our four-person apartment, 50% got 3 eggs (the girls) and the other 50% (our boyfriends) got 1 from our starters. We settled for thinking ladies just have that special "romantic" touch. jk

This feels a lot more balanced. But I do agree with other people saying that the starter breeds should still have the 5-egg chance. Honestly, I don&#039;t want to redo my breeding pairs, since it makes sense to me that a dragon would be more likely to breed within his or her species. I just want that achievement, durnit. =]
daniellesshopthingdone.png
I actually really like these updates. I think it&#039;s fair, and I&#039;m happy to see my pals who had one-egg nests now sporting two! ...mine were already two egg, but I feel excellent about this because X3 cute tundra bebbies~!
I actually really like these updates. I think it&#039;s fair, and I&#039;m happy to see my pals who had one-egg nests now sporting two! ...mine were already two egg, but I feel excellent about this because X3 cute tundra bebbies~!
A pink and cream snake with butterfly wings. The Mottled Buttersnake from your bestiary! ~TYPHOON~
Thank you! I was a little disappointed when my first clutch turned out to be one egg - and even more so when the odds were adjusted just a few days later! It&#039;s absolutely FABULOUS to have two now! :D Thank you so much for that!
Thank you! I was a little disappointed when my first clutch turned out to be one egg - and even more so when the odds were adjusted just a few days later! It&#039;s absolutely FABULOUS to have two now! :D Thank you so much for that!
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
Thanks guys! On my second breeding since joining I only got 1 egg. I was ecstatic to see I had 2 this morning.

Thanks guys! On my second breeding since joining I only got 1 egg. I was ecstatic to see I had 2 this morning.

I appreciate the new tables and balancing, although I am also curious (not angry) as to the reason why same-species pairs cannot have a chance of producing 5-egg clutches. I assume this has to do with rarity of species, since most same-pair breedings are for rarer breeds and staff wishes to keep these numbers limited - but that&#039;s only an assumption.

I appreciate the new tables and balancing, although I am also curious (not angry) as to the reason why same-species pairs cannot have a chance of producing 5-egg clutches. I assume this has to do with rarity of species, since most same-pair breedings are for rarer breeds and staff wishes to keep these numbers limited - but that&#039;s only an assumption.

ypBEEZJ.png
Glad to hear these changes were made. :)

I&#039;m really kicking myself for hatching Calanth&#039;s second clutch early now though. Especially since I&#039;d promised to split the clutch with someone and thus couldn&#039;t even keep the one hatchling I did have. :( I&#039;d needed to free up nest space and (despite the bad luck of only having one egg) was excited enough to see the hatchlings outcome that I used a boon.

I know that I was never really entitled to a second egg (this was just a gesture of goodwill from the staff), and that it would probably be incredibly difficult and time consuming to get myself and others in my situation extra hatchlings. However, it still really hurts to know I&#039;ve missed out on that second Imperial egg, and feels unfair to be left worse off than the average player.
Glad to hear these changes were made. :)

I&#039;m really kicking myself for hatching Calanth&#039;s second clutch early now though. Especially since I&#039;d promised to split the clutch with someone and thus couldn&#039;t even keep the one hatchling I did have. :( I&#039;d needed to free up nest space and (despite the bad luck of only having one egg) was excited enough to see the hatchlings outcome that I used a boon.

I know that I was never really entitled to a second egg (this was just a gesture of goodwill from the staff), and that it would probably be incredibly difficult and time consuming to get myself and others in my situation extra hatchlings. However, it still really hurts to know I&#039;ve missed out on that second Imperial egg, and feels unfair to be left worse off than the average player.
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24 25