Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2015
1 2 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190
@Skyure *cheers for massive amounts of chest opening last year*

Yeah, honestly, I spent less time overall, but last year I missed several full days. I putzed around a lot instead of being super 8-hour serious this year xD (We also had a hardcore Dom the week before)

In between new Baldwin releases, I transmute... all the time. So I usually have a stockpile of things. xD /my saving grace for new releases so far

@GothicThylacine *high-fives outnumbered experiences*
@Skyure *cheers for massive amounts of chest opening last year*

Yeah, honestly, I spent less time overall, but last year I missed several full days. I putzed around a lot instead of being super 8-hour serious this year xD (We also had a hardcore Dom the week before)

In between new Baldwin releases, I transmute... all the time. So I usually have a stockpile of things. xD /my saving grace for new releases so far

@GothicThylacine *high-fives outnumbered experiences*
[quote name="kaijukitten" date=2016-01-03 18:01:05] [quote name="DragonProtector" date=2016-01-03 17:59:02] auction house was way over priced for eggs never got one [/quote] I'm curious, what were the prices? Noc eggs from last year were going from 160k to 200k treasure before this year's event, did the prices skyrocket? [/quote] well eggs i thgought were cheaper last yr lol maybe im wrong and didnt notice but eggs this yr were above 100k at least and the chest for last yr were 2k this yr were like not even that low
kaijukitten wrote on 2016-01-03:
DragonProtector wrote on 2016-01-03:
auction house was way over priced for eggs never got one

I'm curious, what were the prices? Noc eggs from last year were going from 160k to 200k treasure before this year's event, did the prices skyrocket?

well eggs i thgought were cheaper last yr lol maybe im wrong and didnt notice but eggs this yr were above 100k at least and the chest for last yr were 2k this yr were like not even that low
Fenithsigbanner01_zpsbd1d0c5c.jpg
I've expressed my opinion here a few times, intermittently.

But, once more I suppose, now that the event is over:

Better than last year, but still not good. Unfun. Tedious. Downright painful for those of us with wrist problems.

Would actually prefer this to be the last NotN.
I've expressed my opinion here a few times, intermittently.

But, once more I suppose, now that the event is over:

Better than last year, but still not good. Unfun. Tedious. Downright painful for those of us with wrist problems.

Would actually prefer this to be the last NotN.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
9 chests total, and all down the drain as they end up as dust. Just couldn't get the time to hop on long enough to open them. Also, 3 hours of grinding last year yeilded me with 43 chests. ..3 hours this year yielded none. In fact, overall, I only got 2 chests from the coli.

A suggestion for next year? Bring back that grace period we had last year between when chests are no longer obtainable to before the chests turn to dust.

So, differences..

Last year - a lot of chests.
From which = 3 noct eggs, a very few familiars, a good amount of the other items that I liked collecting.

This year - 9 chests.
From which = nothing but dust.

Lag = pretty much the same.
9 chests total, and all down the drain as they end up as dust. Just couldn't get the time to hop on long enough to open them. Also, 3 hours of grinding last year yeilded me with 43 chests. ..3 hours this year yielded none. In fact, overall, I only got 2 chests from the coli.

A suggestion for next year? Bring back that grace period we had last year between when chests are no longer obtainable to before the chests turn to dust.

So, differences..

Last year - a lot of chests.
From which = 3 noct eggs, a very few familiars, a good amount of the other items that I liked collecting.

This year - 9 chests.
From which = nothing but dust.

Lag = pretty much the same.
Last year I opened over a 1000 chests to get 23 bears, only 1 egg and no scroll. I remember opening my first stack of 99 chests and getting just 1 embear. Not fun. This year I got about 80 chests and got 70+ familiars/apparel and 3 eggs (still no scroll). Plus I didn't experience any lag this year compared to last year where there were hours where I couldn't connect to the coliseum at all. So this year was a lot better to me. This is of course just my personal experience.

However, looking at the pricing of the items the chests dropped appears to indicate that the overall percentage of good items hasn't changed. Yes, some of the bears were available last year, however there were are lot more familiars added this year. The prices still went down around 10kt for many of the familiars and I can't think of any whose prices jumped up to 80kt at the end of the event this year. Egg prices were about the same, though they stayed higher for longer in the first year and jumped up more at the end. Nocturne scrolls went a lot lower than before, though in part this is due to the first year had a lot of hype.

Personally, while both years are luck-based, I felt this year was less so. Spending more time in the coli generally got you more chests, or items that you could turn in for chests. And since they limited the drops to different arenas you could actually farm for the items you wanted. Where as last year chests were everywhere but it was completely random on whether you would get anything decent, which lead to users opening 1000-2000 chests and getting less decent stuff than someone who opened 100-300.
Last year I opened over a 1000 chests to get 23 bears, only 1 egg and no scroll. I remember opening my first stack of 99 chests and getting just 1 embear. Not fun. This year I got about 80 chests and got 70+ familiars/apparel and 3 eggs (still no scroll). Plus I didn't experience any lag this year compared to last year where there were hours where I couldn't connect to the coliseum at all. So this year was a lot better to me. This is of course just my personal experience.

However, looking at the pricing of the items the chests dropped appears to indicate that the overall percentage of good items hasn't changed. Yes, some of the bears were available last year, however there were are lot more familiars added this year. The prices still went down around 10kt for many of the familiars and I can't think of any whose prices jumped up to 80kt at the end of the event this year. Egg prices were about the same, though they stayed higher for longer in the first year and jumped up more at the end. Nocturne scrolls went a lot lower than before, though in part this is due to the first year had a lot of hype.

Personally, while both years are luck-based, I felt this year was less so. Spending more time in the coli generally got you more chests, or items that you could turn in for chests. And since they limited the drops to different arenas you could actually farm for the items you wanted. Where as last year chests were everywhere but it was completely random on whether you would get anything decent, which lead to users opening 1000-2000 chests and getting less decent stuff than someone who opened 100-300.
CK1QM1M.png91069659.png91292986.png91366580.png91366581.png91366582.png
I just wanted to say I enjoyed my first NotN. I was on the Coli fairly regularly to get chests, and got quite a few just from gathering. I also got 3 eggs. I'm happy with the drop rate, and folks were great about trading for familiars. I loved that there was a different familiar and ingredients for crafting chests from different Coli venues. It helped make sure I didn't get bored and moved around in the Coli. The drop rate was still high enough that folks could get a few things even if they didn't want to be grinding the whole festival. Thanks!
I just wanted to say I enjoyed my first NotN. I was on the Coli fairly regularly to get chests, and got quite a few just from gathering. I also got 3 eggs. I'm happy with the drop rate, and folks were great about trading for familiars. I loved that there was a different familiar and ingredients for crafting chests from different Coli venues. It helped make sure I didn't get bored and moved around in the Coli. The drop rate was still high enough that folks could get a few things even if they didn't want to be grinding the whole festival. Thanks!
]19311058428_515aacffea_m.jpg
@Omosky Not to invalidate your suggestion or point made, but last year there wasn't a grace period in which you could open your chests; because of the downtime and lag during the first few days, the entire event got extended by a day, but chests still disintegrated the moment the event ended.

Also to everyone; make sure to post your suggestions in the suggestions forum, that's the place where the admin would like the feedback and ideas to go! :)
@Omosky Not to invalidate your suggestion or point made, but last year there wasn't a grace period in which you could open your chests; because of the downtime and lag during the first few days, the entire event got extended by a day, but chests still disintegrated the moment the event ended.

Also to everyone; make sure to post your suggestions in the suggestions forum, that's the place where the admin would like the feedback and ideas to go! :)
I really enjoyed this NotN. I didn't get much of a chance to grind because I don't have my computer. But I did get a few chests from gathering (and some from the Coli when I used my bf's computer.) I got a scroll and familiars. So I'm definitely pleased with the changes the admins did this time around. I mean hey, you can't please everyone.
I really enjoyed this NotN. I didn't get much of a chance to grind because I don't have my computer. But I did get a few chests from gathering (and some from the Coli when I used my bf's computer.) I got a scroll and familiars. So I'm definitely pleased with the changes the admins did this time around. I mean hey, you can't please everyone.
Wow..... Waste of 10 chest. And they were in my vault...
Wow..... Waste of 10 chest. And they were in my vault...
tumblr_inline_njw5j3gVXY1qg2i5p.gif
[quote name="@JovaniSkye" date=2016-01-05 08:57:04] From a levelling perspective, if you were taking a team through each area, the mimics in each area were too much for a team "of level" to handle, and that was really annoying.[/quote] That actually worked for me. I had two dragons at lv 14, gave them a unleveled fodder dragon and was usually able to get through the levels in which they still got bonus. :-> Was it more difficult at the lower levels? But it's true the mimics in Kelp Beds kept me from training dragons there because I needed two scratches for them... That's been a bit unfortunate. [s]The reason I started training the other two, haha.[/s] [quote name="JovaniSkye" date=2016-01-05 08:57:04] I say this just about everywhere I can, so I'll say it again - I wish old familiars/whatever would be retired.[/quote] There was a survey about whether they should return and I actually understand the reason why most wanted to let them return every year. Because every year new players come. And each year it gets more and more difficult to buy all the retired familiars because so many of them pile up. It's already really hard work for most users that registered recently to get the Light Sprite now. And if they spend all their treasure on that one, there are still many others left to get. So it's really nice if there's a chance left to get those familiars. Or at least reduce the amount of almost unavailable ones. :-) I actually was really bummed when I registered half a year ago and realized the "Gotta catch 'em all!", like it says in the help of the bestiary, is because of the Kickstarter ones actually impossible. :-D
@JovaniSkye wrote on 2016-01-05:
From a levelling perspective, if you were taking a team through each area, the mimics in each area were too much for a team "of level" to handle, and that was really annoying.

That actually worked for me. I had two dragons at lv 14, gave them a unleveled fodder dragon and was usually able to get through the levels in which they still got bonus. :-> Was it more difficult at the lower levels?
But it's true the mimics in Kelp Beds kept me from training dragons there because I needed two scratches for them... That's been a bit unfortunate. The reason I started training the other two, haha.
JovaniSkye wrote on 2016-01-05:
I say this just about everywhere I can, so I'll say it again - I wish old familiars/whatever would be retired.
There was a survey about whether they should return and I actually understand the reason why most wanted to let them return every year. Because every year new players come. And each year it gets more and more difficult to buy all the retired familiars because so many of them pile up. It's already really hard work for most users that registered recently to get the Light Sprite now. And if they spend all their treasure on that one, there are still many others left to get. So it's really nice if there's a chance left to get those familiars. Or at least reduce the amount of almost unavailable ones. :-)
I actually was really bummed when I registered half a year ago and realized the "Gotta catch 'em all!", like it says in the help of the bestiary, is because of the Kickstarter ones actually impossible. :-D
banner: Kalvin's Skins and Accents light icon lightning icon earth icon nature icon

he/him
FR+9

light icon lightning icon earth icon nature icon
nature banner floating in wind
1 2 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190