Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Butterfly: A new secondary gene!
1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
Yay!
Yay!
yiss
yiss
O B E Y.
6cpJCwl.png
[quote name="Lilian" date=2015-12-04 09:09:42] [quote name="Pande28" date=2015-12-03 19:43:14] @Chou[indent]When I noticed it I will admit it threw me off a bit, doesn't bother me as much anymore besides the breeds where is really stands out. Do want to point out that other genes do it as well though, but its not as noticeable due to the markings on those genes already having varying line thickness, so it doesn't stand out like it does on Butterfly.[/indent] [center] Sticking to Fae examples, Image links to a bigger version. [url=http://orig02.deviantart.net/f995/f/2015/337/e/4/fae_wings_larger_by_pandemonium28-d9iy382.png][img]http://orig11.deviantart.net/d781/f/2015/337/7/c/fae_wings_by_pandemonium28-d9iy37t.png[/img][/url] Probably stands out so much because the lines on Butterfly are thin, and you have straight lines, then the 'wobbly' ones beside them[/center] [/quote] Yeah I noticed that too, but it still really bothers me because I feel like for this gene specifically, this wasn't very well executed. You can see the line thickness changing in ways it shouldn't even with those folds, which creates the shaky lineart effect. It's really distracting and does end up sloppy looking, unfortunately. It prevents me from fully enjoying this gene unless it's applied on lighter colors. [/quote] Fully agree with you @Lilian. But fortunately there are ways to have butterfly wings without having to rely on that gene. Don't know if there are any available butterfly accents for other dragon breeds, but for Faes there are quite a lot.
Lilian wrote on 2015-12-04:
Pande28 wrote on 2015-12-03:
@Chou
When I noticed it I will admit it threw me off a bit, doesn't bother me as much anymore besides the breeds where is really stands out.

Do want to point out that other genes do it as well though, but its not as noticeable due to the markings on those genes already having varying line thickness, so it doesn't stand out like it does on Butterfly.

Sticking to Fae examples, Image links to a bigger version.
fae_wings_by_pandemonium28-d9iy37t.png
Probably stands out so much because the lines on Butterfly are thin, and you have straight lines, then the 'wobbly' ones beside them

Yeah I noticed that too, but it still really bothers me because I feel like for this gene specifically, this wasn't very well executed. You can see the line thickness changing in ways it shouldn't even with those folds, which creates the shaky lineart effect. It's really distracting and does end up sloppy looking, unfortunately. It prevents me from fully enjoying this gene unless it's applied on lighter colors.

Fully agree with you @Lilian. But fortunately there are ways to have butterfly wings without having to rely on that gene. Don't know if there are any available butterfly accents for other dragon breeds, but for Faes there are quite a lot.
MS6xnJoY_o.png
The new gene looks so beautiful, and I just love the pufferfish :D
They would look awesome as familiars
The new gene looks so beautiful, and I just love the pufferfish :D
They would look awesome as familiars
[img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=3&wing=18&style=13&gender=1&ages=1&prig=1&secg=13&tert=43&elem=7&tertgene=4&spec=prev.png[/img] and [img]http://flightrising.com/image_generators/dragonpic2.php?body=3&wing=19&style=13&gender=1&ages=1&prig=1&secg=13&tert=43&elem=7&tertgene=4&spec=prev.png[/img] YAAAAAASSSSS!!!!
dragonpic2.php?body=3&wing=18&style=13&gender=1&ages=1&prig=1&secg=13&tert=43&elem=7&tertgene=4&spec=prev.png

and

dragonpic2.php?body=3&wing=19&style=13&gender=1&ages=1&prig=1&secg=13&tert=43&elem=7&tertgene=4&spec=prev.png

YAAAAAASSSSS!!!!
FBuDOAO.gif
“All human wisdom is contained in these two words -
Wait and Hope”

Cry•tus
|| Lore || wip
dang i need to snag the gene and those mushroom items for myself
dang i need to snag the gene and those mushroom items for myself
b9aWflB.png
I LOOOOOVE THIS
I LOOOOOVE THIS
69.png5M9CHlS.gif9WYyCMK.pngvLASaL9.png84.png
Oh, no! It's so beautiful! You keep releasing so many amazing genes. At this rate, I'll never leave the Fairgrounds!
Oh, no! It's so beautiful! You keep releasing so many amazing genes. At this rate, I'll never leave the Fairgrounds!
pd7VIno.png
Yaaaay! New apparels and a really pretty gene! They look great! ^^
Yaaaay! New apparels and a really pretty gene! They look great! ^^
waldo_2.png MusicalDreamer.png
Re: the new Baldwin level... is it right that the next level is at 6700 points?? I've only got 585 at the moment and I'm level 11... [img]https://i.gyazo.com/b51985834cffc57e919185ac66b85e50.png[/img]
Re: the new Baldwin level... is it right that the next level is at 6700 points?? I've only got 585 at the moment and I'm level 11...

b51985834cffc57e919185ac66b85e50.png
ijWAday.png
I am 18 hours ahead of Flight Rising time.
1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55