Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Butterfly: A new secondary gene!
1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 54 55
Another rason to occupy Baldwin's brew! <3
Another rason to occupy Baldwin's brew! <3
@Chou[indent]When I noticed it I will admit it threw me off a bit, doesn't bother me as much anymore besides the breeds where is really stands out. Do want to point out that other genes do it as well though, but its not as noticeable due to the markings on those genes already having varying line thickness, so it doesn't stand out like it does on Butterfly.[/indent] [center] Sticking to Fae examples, Image links to a bigger version. [url=http://orig02.deviantart.net/f995/f/2015/337/e/4/fae_wings_larger_by_pandemonium28-d9iy382.png][img]http://orig11.deviantart.net/d781/f/2015/337/7/c/fae_wings_by_pandemonium28-d9iy37t.png[/img][/url] Probably stands out so much because the lines on Butterfly are thin, and you have straight lines, then the 'wobbly' ones beside them[/center]
@Chou
When I noticed it I will admit it threw me off a bit, doesn't bother me as much anymore besides the breeds where is really stands out.

Do want to point out that other genes do it as well though, but its not as noticeable due to the markings on those genes already having varying line thickness, so it doesn't stand out like it does on Butterfly.

Sticking to Fae examples, Image links to a bigger version.
fae_wings_by_pandemonium28-d9iy37t.png
Probably stands out so much because the lines on Butterfly are thin, and you have straight lines, then the 'wobbly' ones beside them
Returning to FR after a long hiatus
SHROOMIES
SHROOMIES
OcuEUQj.png
I wonder what a tertiary for the Petal and Butterfly will look like to complement them... dew maybe?
I wonder what a tertiary for the Petal and Butterfly will look like to complement them... dew maybe?
[quote name="Pande28" date=2015-12-03 19:43:14] @Chou[indent]When I noticed it I will admit it threw me off a bit, doesn't bother me as much anymore besides the breeds where is really stands out. Do want to point out that other genes do it as well though, but its not as noticeable due to the markings on those genes already having varying line thickness, so it doesn't stand out like it does on Butterfly.[/indent] [center] Sticking to Fae examples, Image links to a bigger version. [url=http://orig02.deviantart.net/f995/f/2015/337/e/4/fae_wings_larger_by_pandemonium28-d9iy382.png][img]http://orig11.deviantart.net/d781/f/2015/337/7/c/fae_wings_by_pandemonium28-d9iy37t.png[/img][/url] Probably stands out so much because the lines on Butterfly are thin, and you have straight lines, then the 'wobbly' ones beside them[/center] [/quote] Yeah I noticed that too, but it still really bothers me because I feel like for this gene specifically, this wasn't very well executed. You can see the line thickness changing in ways it shouldn't even with those folds, which creates the shaky lineart effect. It's really distracting and does end up sloppy looking, unfortunately. It prevents me from fully enjoying this gene unless it's applied on lighter colors.
Pande28 wrote on 2015-12-03:
@Chou
When I noticed it I will admit it threw me off a bit, doesn't bother me as much anymore besides the breeds where is really stands out.

Do want to point out that other genes do it as well though, but its not as noticeable due to the markings on those genes already having varying line thickness, so it doesn't stand out like it does on Butterfly.

Sticking to Fae examples, Image links to a bigger version.
fae_wings_by_pandemonium28-d9iy37t.png
Probably stands out so much because the lines on Butterfly are thin, and you have straight lines, then the 'wobbly' ones beside them

Yeah I noticed that too, but it still really bothers me because I feel like for this gene specifically, this wasn't very well executed. You can see the line thickness changing in ways it shouldn't even with those folds, which creates the shaky lineart effect. It's really distracting and does end up sloppy looking, unfortunately. It prevents me from fully enjoying this gene unless it's applied on lighter colors.
ssjS89N.png
YES IT'S HEEEERE
YES IT'S HEEEERE
m59NfS2.png
So amazing!
So amazing!
3R1xnew.png2uIwT2j.pnge3Z9Lam.pngWIrxbxw.png5MXcgUI.pngxeV9D9F.png

artist: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2361583/1

tumblr_oe6lguFUV91vbm74go1_500.png

tumblr_niajzvn5n21tfzajgo1_400.gif
That's a nice gene, and I love the colour variety in it!
Those pufferfish though are ridiculously cute. Can we get those little prickly pals as familiars one day? :D
That's a nice gene, and I love the colour variety in it!
Those pufferfish though are ridiculously cute. Can we get those little prickly pals as familiars one day? :D
Omg yesssss. I'm so pumped about this one.
Omg yesssss. I'm so pumped about this one.
tumblr_nm1sm0uXkM1tfzajgo1_100.gif
I need some mushrooms for a Nocturne during NOTN
I need some mushrooms for a Nocturne during NOTN
windflight1.png
1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 54 55