Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Beetle Familiars & Coliseum Rewards!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
BUGS YES
BUGS YES
emXtQcv.gif9QxrTEM.pngpWX995k.png
DEM BEETLES DOE

edit: I need to hoard those journals
DEM BEETLES DOE

edit: I need to hoard those journals
15128.png
Buggies!! Oh no they're adorable
Buggies!! Oh no they're adorable
IMZbI9C.png[/img]
yas
yas
kccpdy.jpg
[quote name="Thrawn" date=2015-04-06 04:02:24] [quote name="Godspeed" date=2015-04-06 03:55:08] [quote name="Dendropsyche" date=2015-04-06 03:47:06] I hope those new items don't set off trypophobiacs... [/quote] And I hope those people will speak for themselves if it did. With every item release somebody is concerned about a "minor" group, that hardly ever did complain themselves in the first place. There are tons of phobias, if we ever took all of them into account, we could just close the internet. If I was affected by such a problem, I'd be annoyed about that constant patronizing. Sorry, had to be said. If you feel like you wanna be thoughtful and sensible start with yourself and stop "correcting" others. [/quote] Just saying as someone who has trypo, no, the item didn't set off my phobia like something major like honeycomb or the infamous lotus boob, but I still shuddered and went "ew" and promptly scrolled past because ew. Also, Dendro wasn't even being patronising or "OMG FIX THIS BECAUSE WHAT ABOUT X GROUP" they simply voiced concern. As someone who has trypo- a fear that sometimes is mocked, ignored or is the target of people actively trying to set off in worst case scenarios- it's appreciated that anyone even gave a kriff. That being said, yay more book items and YAY BUGS. [/quote] @Thrawn I don't even want to sound ignorant. I am weird belenophobic, and I can't look at pointy things without experiencing a sharp pain in my eyes. And it also applies to certain drawn things, so it's not only triggered by things I come in along in real life. (Like cacti,; see my eyes water in every type of plant center.) Still I can't avoid spikey things everywhere I go, and since this some kind of a special problem, I can't expect people to take care of this particular thing. Even ridgies did this to me the first time I saw them. Pointing out a problem is fine, but saying this in this forshadowing tone of hoping this isn't gonna bother anyone in a way is a self fullfilling prophecy. Show me a thing, and be assured, somebody, somewhere WILL be bothered. There is no need to phrase something like this, cause if somebody is bothered, they will usually voice their opinion. (Aaah, I totally overlooked those gorgeous books. Need a ton of them.)
Thrawn wrote on 2015-04-06:
Godspeed wrote on 2015-04-06:
Dendropsyche wrote on 2015-04-06:
I hope those new items don't set off trypophobiacs...
And I hope those people will speak for themselves if it did.

With every item release somebody is concerned about a "minor" group, that hardly ever did complain themselves in the first place.

There are tons of phobias, if we ever took all of them into account, we could just close the internet. If I was affected by such a problem, I'd be annoyed about that constant patronizing.
Sorry, had to be said.

If you feel like you wanna be thoughtful and sensible start with yourself and stop "correcting" others.

Just saying as someone who has trypo, no, the item didn't set off my phobia like something major like honeycomb or the infamous lotus boob, but I still shuddered and went "ew" and promptly scrolled past because ew.

Also, Dendro wasn't even being patronising or "OMG FIX THIS BECAUSE WHAT ABOUT X GROUP" they simply voiced concern. As someone who has trypo- a fear that sometimes is mocked, ignored or is the target of people actively trying to set off in worst case scenarios- it's appreciated that anyone even gave a kriff.

That being said, yay more book items and YAY BUGS.

@Thrawn
I don't even want to sound ignorant.
I am weird belenophobic, and I can't look at pointy things without experiencing a sharp pain in my eyes.
And it also applies to certain drawn things, so it's not only triggered by things I come in along in real life.
(Like cacti,; see my eyes water in every type of plant center.)

Still I can't avoid spikey things everywhere I go, and since this some kind of a special problem, I can't expect people to take care of this particular thing.

Even ridgies did this to me the first time I saw them.

Pointing out a problem is fine, but saying this in this forshadowing tone of hoping this isn't gonna bother anyone in a way is a self fullfilling prophecy.

Show me a thing, and be assured, somebody, somewhere WILL be bothered.
There is no need to phrase something like this, cause if somebody is bothered, they will usually voice their opinion.

(Aaah, I totally overlooked those gorgeous books. Need a ton of them.)

0PSsH9E.png

Xzuw0kv.gif
We are being watched.
The government has a secret system,
a machine that spies on you every hour of every day.
I designed the machine to detect acts of terror
but it sees everything...
dyNkCVG.gif Pvj9w5p.png

uU6ZmcR.gif
ugh, can't look at those eggs.
at least there are some nice new books! i'll def be hoarding those
ugh, can't look at those eggs.
at least there are some nice new books! i'll def be hoarding those
19 hours ahead of FR time
Petition to mirror one of the books:
Turn it into a manga.
Petition to mirror one of the books:
Turn it into a manga.
fuoDMXr.pngbsky - twitter - tumblr - he\they
Yay! Giant beetles <3
Yay! Giant beetles <3
[quote name="Godspeed" date=2015-04-06 04:10:58] [quote name="Thrawn" date=2015-04-06 04:02:24] [quote name="Godspeed" date=2015-04-06 03:55:08] [quote name="Dendropsyche" date=2015-04-06 03:47:06] I hope those new items don't set off trypophobiacs... [/quote] And I hope those people will speak for themselves if it did. With every item release somebody is concerned about a "minor" group, that hardly ever did complain themselves in the first place. There are tons of phobias, if we ever took all of them into account, we could just close the internet. If I was affected by such a problem, I'd be annoyed about that constant patronizing. Sorry, had to be said. If you feel like you wanna be thoughtful and sensible start with yourself and stop "correcting" others. [/quote] Just saying as someone who has trypo, no, the item didn't set off my phobia like something major like honeycomb or the infamous lotus boob, but I still shuddered and went "ew" and promptly scrolled past because ew. Also, Dendro wasn't even being patronising or "OMG FIX THIS BECAUSE WHAT ABOUT X GROUP" they simply voiced concern. As someone who has trypo- a fear that sometimes is mocked, ignored or is the target of people actively trying to set off in worst case scenarios- it's appreciated that anyone even gave a kriff. That being said, yay more book items and YAY BUGS. [/quote] @Thrawn I don't even want to sound ignorant. I am weird belenophobic, and I can't look at pointy things without experiencing a sharp pain in my eyes. And it also applies to certain drawn things, so it's not only triggered by things I come in along in real life. (Like cacti,; see my eyes water in every type of plant center.) Still I can't avoid spikey things everywhere I go, and since this some kind of a special problem, I can't expect people to take care of this particular thing. Even ridgies did this to me the first time I saw them. Pointing out a problem is fine, but saying this in this forshadowing tone of hoping this isn't gonna bother anyone in a way is a self fullfilling prophecy. Show me a thing, and be assured, somebody, somewhere WILL be bothered. There is no need to phrase something like this, cause if somebody is bothered, they will usually voice their opinion. (Aaah, I totally overlooked those gorgeous books. Need a ton of them.) [/quote] No, I get what you're saying, and I understand- I have dermatillomania which if my trypo is set off, I just go into a fear/panicked picking fit, so I have to be careful. I try to desensitise myself to it- and after ten years of trying, it HAS gotten better- in 2005, had I seen that picture, even just a small pet site item, I'd have been clawing at my skin. Because there is always going to be something that might set off my fear, I try to slowly wear the edge off because no, real life isn't going to censor itself for me, and I might as well try to overcome my fear on my own terms. (Naturally, this won't work for everything or everyone, but everyone's different.) I just don't think Drendo meant to come off that way. I think they honestly meant it out of concern, not as a "Well here's a cue for someone to be wildly upset/offended." Then again, tone and expression is really hard to translate over text. /shrug
Thrawn wrote on 2015-04-06:
Dendropsyche wrote on 2015-04-06:
I hope those new items don't set off trypophobiacs...
And I hope those people will speak for themselves if it did.

With every item release somebody is concerned about a "minor" group, that hardly ever did complain themselves in the first place.

There are tons of phobias, if we ever took all of them into account, we could just close the internet. If I was affected by such a problem, I'd be annoyed about that constant patronizing.
Sorry, had to be said.

If you feel like you wanna be thoughtful and sensible start with yourself and stop "correcting" others.

Just saying as someone who has trypo, no, the item didn't set off my phobia like something major like honeycomb or the infamous lotus boob, but I still shuddered and went "ew" and promptly scrolled past because ew.

Also, Dendro wasn't even being patronising or "OMG FIX THIS BECAUSE WHAT ABOUT X GROUP" they simply voiced concern. As someone who has trypo- a fear that sometimes is mocked, ignored or is the target of people actively trying to set off in worst case scenarios- it's appreciated that anyone even gave a kriff.

That being said, yay more book items and YAY BUGS.

@Thrawn
I don't even want to sound ignorant.
I am weird belenophobic, and I can't look at pointy things without experiencing a sharp pain in my eyes.
And it also applies to certain drawn things, so it's not only triggered by things I come in along in real life.
(Like cacti,; see my eyes water in every type of plant center.)

Still I can't avoid spikey things everywhere I go, and since this some kind of a special problem, I can't expect people to take care of this particular thing.

Even ridgies did this to me the first time I saw them.

Pointing out a problem is fine, but saying this in this forshadowing tone of hoping this isn't gonna bother anyone in a way is a self fullfilling prophecy.

Show me a thing, and be assured, somebody, somewhere WILL be bothered.
There is no need to phrase something like this, cause if somebody is bothered, they will usually voice their opinion.

(Aaah, I totally overlooked those gorgeous books. Need a ton of them.)

No, I get what you're saying, and I understand- I have dermatillomania which if my trypo is set off, I just go into a fear/panicked picking fit, so I have to be careful. I try to desensitise myself to it- and after ten years of trying, it HAS gotten better- in 2005, had I seen that picture, even just a small pet site item, I'd have been clawing at my skin.

Because there is always going to be something that might set off my fear, I try to slowly wear the edge off because no, real life isn't going to censor itself for me, and I might as well try to overcome my fear on my own terms. (Naturally, this won't work for everything or everyone, but everyone's different.)

I just don't think Drendo meant to come off that way. I think they honestly meant it out of concern, not as a "Well here's a cue for someone to be wildly upset/offended."

Then again, tone and expression is really hard to translate over text. /shrug
3bbc629075881e863e3343269e0d55ff28954b3a.png1f98933c3a1bf47d30c72c4799c0721a8cb4b840.pngb82c20c3c1ab36103b78411ad7251d93ac85465d.png55eefd6df9de60bdf7af3aa7a5df89316e2902b5.pnga97e47ce05a625f0f14943b39c8d12c355e5bc4d.png22843204c52cb82bb562b52cb80027c23d64845c.png68bc15ec4104340fa8341ae74bf814f32d8064bd.png...62Fzp5M.png
BEETLES. *pets their precious little elytra*
BEETLES. *pets their precious little elytra*
hb0tAKP.png
lightning flight spotify playlist
14+ hours of music you can really work to!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22