Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Fowl Familiars
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 49 50
The turkeys are Earth with a very high spawn rate. They mostly spawn with at least 2 in a group, and sometimes 3, and should double as a good way to earn Geodes.
The turkeys are Earth with a very high spawn rate. They mostly spawn with at least 2 in a group, and sometimes 3, and should double as a good way to earn Geodes.
RBCsdS1.png oUnj1Rs.png
Eisen's Skins & Accents ... and Skincents!
Yes! I got my turkey and turkey dinner! I wasn't expecting them to drop for me nearly this quickly. :D
Yes! I got my turkey and turkey dinner! I wasn't expecting them to drop for me nearly this quickly. :D
GbzVc8P.pngyvKOoE4.pngc5DFC1l.png
nice armor ^^ i definately want the whole set :D
nice armor ^^ i definately want the whole set :D
Love the turkey! I want 49853495 of them!
Love the turkey! I want 49853495 of them!
tumblr_ndzarciqjc1si697do1_500_by_zalcoti-d9lh63v.png
Why do we only have a few days to get a rare familiar drop? That's ridiculous.
Why do we only have a few days to get a rare familiar drop? That's ridiculous.
They show up pretty often as monsters and their drop rate is quite high. @kerise

Why are people so mad about this event? The turkeys are Earth creatures (presumably because it's the Earth holiday now) and their encounter rate is high. I actually find grinding in Boreal Wood best now especially since quite a few Swipp components drop from there. coughs wolf pelts coughs
They show up pretty often as monsters and their drop rate is quite high. @kerise

Why are people so mad about this event? The turkeys are Earth creatures (presumably because it's the Earth holiday now) and their encounter rate is high. I actually find grinding in Boreal Wood best now especially since quite a few Swipp components drop from there. coughs wolf pelts coughs
tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o7_100.pngtumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o7_100.png
Wildclaw wildclaw wildclaw wildclaw OMGOMGOMGOMG *runs on the walls and screams*
Wildclaw wildclaw wildclaw wildclaw OMGOMGOMGOMG *runs on the walls and screams*
ism0MYQ.pngoKlBAFC.png kRnGBHl.gif
FR +10
For those concerned that the turkeys are eclipsing the Rockbreaker's Ceremony, the turkeys are Earth element. You can get the food/familiar drops from them AND Earth flight currency. [img]https://33.media.tumblr.com/e3ff57aa4ec3a65e378c63d2198a7056/tumblr_nfp45n3kKa1sg2ihko1_400.png[/img]
For those concerned that the turkeys are eclipsing the Rockbreaker's Ceremony, the turkeys are Earth element. You can get the food/familiar drops from them AND Earth flight currency.

tumblr_nfp45n3kKa1sg2ihko1_400.png
U58SZuw.png
[quote name="Takora" date="2014-11-27 03:05:55"][quote name="Morgrim" date="2014-11-27 03:00:41"]I think, on balance, I'm actually mildly annoyed at this 'event'. I enjoyed the fact that Flight Rising isn't so US-centric as most sites and that holidays were all unique to the setting and not based purely on North American or Christian holidays. And yet now we're having a mini-event that is PURELY based on a holiday that is only celebrated by one country in the world. Which is irritating. Surely it would have been possible to make 4 seasonal familiars and yes, one of those could easily be a turkey as a nod to that particular regional event if so desired, then have them appear throughout autumn. That seems much better than dragging in RL holidays that are irrelevant to the majority of the potential player base. I mean it's bad enough that every single website has to tell those in the southern hemisphere that we don't matter by always, ALWAYS having games involving a whole planet mysteriously have seasons identical to the north, but at least FR previously wasn't falling into the regional holiday trap as well. So yeah, on balance I'm irritated at this 'Thanksgiving' stunt. *braces for flames*[/quote] Not to mention they decided to do this stunt during Rockbreakers when we are busy in the coli grinding for geodes and are now forced to go to the boreal woods where the drop rates of the geodes are abysmal since the turkey is gone with 1st december.[/quote] @Takora They didn't throw darts at a calendar and say, 'Hey! Let's arrange this event during Rockbreaker's 4 teh lulz!' They set up this event today because [i]it's Thanksgiving today[/i]. The drop rates of the geodes are actually really good, since the turkeys are Earth and spawn extremely frequently, usually in groups of 3 (I've had 9 of them in a row. 5 geodes.) You're not forced to go to the Boreal Woods, if geodes are so important to you, you can go grind in the Arena or something in the hypothetical situation that these new monsters aren't Earth-element.
Takora wrote on 2014-11-27 03:05:55:
Morgrim wrote on 2014-11-27 03:00:41:
I think, on balance, I'm actually mildly annoyed at this 'event'. I enjoyed the fact that Flight Rising isn't so US-centric as most sites and that holidays were all unique to the setting and not based purely on North American or Christian holidays.

And yet now we're having a mini-event that is PURELY based on a holiday that is only celebrated by one country in the world. Which is irritating. Surely it would have been possible to make 4 seasonal familiars and yes, one of those could easily be a turkey as a nod to that particular regional event if so desired, then have them appear throughout autumn. That seems much better than dragging in RL holidays that are irrelevant to the majority of the potential player base.

I mean it's bad enough that every single website has to tell those in the southern hemisphere that we don't matter by always, ALWAYS having games involving a whole planet mysteriously have seasons identical to the north, but at least FR previously wasn't falling into the regional holiday trap as well.

So yeah, on balance I'm irritated at this 'Thanksgiving' stunt. *braces for flames*

Not to mention they decided to do this stunt during Rockbreakers when we are busy in the coli grinding for geodes and are now forced to go to the boreal woods where the drop rates of the geodes are abysmal since the turkey is gone with 1st december.

@Takora
They didn't throw darts at a calendar and say, 'Hey! Let's arrange this event during Rockbreaker's 4 teh lulz!' They set up this event today because it's Thanksgiving today. The drop rates of the geodes are actually really good, since the turkeys are Earth and spawn extremely frequently, usually in groups of 3 (I've had 9 of them in a row. 5 geodes.)

You're not forced to go to the Boreal Woods, if geodes are so important to you, you can go grind in the Arena or something in the hypothetical situation that these new monsters aren't Earth-element.
tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o7_100.pngtumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o7_100.png
Fluffy.
Fluffy.
wind_small.pngnFwZQAF.gifImLwTCX.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 49 50