Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, Vol 9
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
I like the new armor, but others did have a valid point on making it a new set. No matter what you do you can't please everyone I guess
I like the new armor, but others did have a valid point on making it a new set. No matter what you do you can't please everyone I guess
gO58pYL.gif
@Likewise
No one is "bawwing". I like the new armor but it's not the same as the old and I like the armor pre-update. People who don't like it have a right to say so, and saying we're crying about it is a little rude.

Everyone has a different opinions and there's no reason to invalidate peoples' concern, not matter how "little" it is.
@Likewise
No one is "bawwing". I like the new armor but it's not the same as the old and I like the armor pre-update. People who don't like it have a right to say so, and saying we're crying about it is a little rude.

Everyone has a different opinions and there's no reason to invalidate peoples' concern, not matter how "little" it is.
@Pixar People who complain that their dragon is "ruined" because of a single set of items are definitely bawing. There are hundreds of options for dressing up dragons on this site. At the rate items are being added, there will soon be hundreds more.

It's one thing to say you dislike an item set. It's one thing to critique the site's artwork. It's quite another to cry and bemoan change because one of your dragons is no longer "perfect," as if it could never be "perfect" again. I do feel for the people who bought skins or accents to match the old items, but again, it's irrational to expect that the items change for their sake.

I would only support the return of the old artwork if it was modified so that the lineart is consistent with that of other items. Simply returning the old items would not do. I like the way the revamped armor looks - as do many others - and I would be upset if it abruptly changed back.

I agree that the admins should have listened in the first place and simply created a new item set to stand beside the old, rather than replacing it all together, but what's done is done. If the admins re-released the old armor as a separate set then the people who dislike the new armor would complain about having to re-purchase a set they already owned. Changing the armor back to the old design would have the same effect, but people like me would be the ones complaining. No matter what the admins do at this point someone is going to be mad, so they may as well do nothing. As other new items are released the problem will resolve itself.

All I'm really saying is that people need to keep a level head. I don't approve of people who stir up drama over trivialities.
@Pixar People who complain that their dragon is "ruined" because of a single set of items are definitely bawing. There are hundreds of options for dressing up dragons on this site. At the rate items are being added, there will soon be hundreds more.

It's one thing to say you dislike an item set. It's one thing to critique the site's artwork. It's quite another to cry and bemoan change because one of your dragons is no longer "perfect," as if it could never be "perfect" again. I do feel for the people who bought skins or accents to match the old items, but again, it's irrational to expect that the items change for their sake.

I would only support the return of the old artwork if it was modified so that the lineart is consistent with that of other items. Simply returning the old items would not do. I like the way the revamped armor looks - as do many others - and I would be upset if it abruptly changed back.

I agree that the admins should have listened in the first place and simply created a new item set to stand beside the old, rather than replacing it all together, but what's done is done. If the admins re-released the old armor as a separate set then the people who dislike the new armor would complain about having to re-purchase a set they already owned. Changing the armor back to the old design would have the same effect, but people like me would be the ones complaining. No matter what the admins do at this point someone is going to be mad, so they may as well do nothing. As other new items are released the problem will resolve itself.

All I'm really saying is that people need to keep a level head. I don't approve of people who stir up drama over trivialities.
dlJsEIj.png
@Likewise
Oh okay, I thought you were talking about the people who weren't making a huge deal out of it O w O I totally agree with you, though. Thanks for clearing things up and sorry if I sounded snarky in my OP.
@Likewise
Oh okay, I thought you were talking about the people who weren't making a huge deal out of it O w O I totally agree with you, though. Thanks for clearing things up and sorry if I sounded snarky in my OP.
I'm always up for a new gene, saving to get it....that's a bit harder.
I'm always up for a new gene, saving to get it....that's a bit harder.
The Cotton Candy Breeder
@Pixar Thank you for listening. :) I think expressing differing opinions and critique are important to the site's growth; it's the people who demand the artists bend over backwards to accommodate their individual tastes that frustrate me.
@Pixar Thank you for listening. :) I think expressing differing opinions and critique are important to the site's growth; it's the people who demand the artists bend over backwards to accommodate their individual tastes that frustrate me.
dlJsEIj.png
Awesome news!!
Awesome news!!
eyeye_by_cheezayballz-d9xh325.gif
so are mods aware that we're still on www1 or . . ?
so are mods aware that we're still on www1 or . . ?
FRIEND.giftumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro2_250.gif
Urgh. So many ruined dress-ups, including my avatar.
These new armors are far too gaudy to suit most of my dragons.
Urgh. So many ruined dress-ups, including my avatar.
These new armors are far too gaudy to suit most of my dragons.
@Likewise

No problem, and I totally agree with all you said! c:
@Likewise

No problem, and I totally agree with all you said! c:
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39