Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Riot of Rot
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
@AngelBun

Were you looking in the Forgotten Cave? That has the best drops for the shrooms. Otherwise I've no idea what you're doing wrong cause I was farming them like crazy over the last few days and I got loads of them.
@AngelBun

Were you looking in the Forgotten Cave? That has the best drops for the shrooms. Otherwise I've no idea what you're doing wrong cause I was farming them like crazy over the last few days and I got loads of them.
AffiliateBanner.png
@AngelBun

same here. i get barely enough to buy all the apparell QAQ
sometimes i have to buy some festival points (about 10 points) at the auction house so that i can buy the stuff i want. thats sucks
@AngelBun

same here. i get barely enough to buy all the apparell QAQ
sometimes i have to buy some festival points (about 10 points) at the auction house so that i can buy the stuff i want. thats sucks
aw, goodbye first riot of rot! I managed to get everything I wanted, and some more for selling later! yip yip
aw, goodbye first riot of rot! I managed to get everything I wanted, and some more for selling later! yip yip
This is my first holiday! I might skip the plague mark to get an extra year-exclusive item to resale later. Any suggestions on which one I should grab? I was thinking the familiar.
This is my first holiday! I might skip the plague mark to get an extra year-exclusive item to resale later. Any suggestions on which one I should grab? I was thinking the familiar.
@Reginlief
I would do the familiar- they tend to sell more easily.
@Reginlief
I would do the familiar- they tend to sell more easily.
bic_signaturefinal_by_starkindlerstudio-daq8vx1.png
I still trying to work out how you do this..... forget collecting anything!
I still trying to work out how you do this..... forget collecting anything!
Uuugh. I wasn't able to trade in my 102 tokens on time. So depressed right now. =_=
Uuugh. I wasn't able to trade in my 102 tokens on time. So depressed right now. =_=
I ravaged the Forgotten Cave for only an hour a day and with the gathering bonus I got enough for two or three of each festival item. I can't wait for the next one.
I ravaged the Forgotten Cave for only an hour a day and with the gathering bonus I got enough for two or three of each festival item. I can't wait for the next one.
[quote name="Valrigard" date="2014-10-31 00:36:28"]Actually, voting would work 100%. Anyone who has the audacity to whine about the results after a vote has been done would be silly because its obvious what the majority wants, since they are the ones who picked it. Its a really good way to find out where everyone on the site actually stands with the whole thing. This way, each individual person has their opinion heard and counted towards the end results. No one is being ignored and the decisions will never be biased or unfair. Right now we are hearing a lot of drama about how 'triggered' people are on one side, and on the other side people saying how disappointed they are about how tamed down the Riot of Rot and plague flight has become. The admins are having to pick a side and cater to them with no way of really knowing who the majority is. The people throwing tantrums about how 'triggered' they are are probably just 2 or 3 people (see: children from tumblr), but because of the fact they have kicked up such a stink about how their poor fragile lives could be in danger over some cartoon images on the internet, we are all having to sacrifice the fun and LORE of the site, even if its what the real majority of its users are against. I mean seriously, I know people with actual real and serious triggers, and they are smart and sensible enough to know just to keep away from the things that could bring them on instead of trying to make the world cater to them. For example, I have a HUGE fear of needles to the point of actually fainting, but I don't go ahead and watch medical shows and ring them up afterwards complaining about all the needles being shown. I just don't watch medical shows because I know there will be needles there. Same with websites, if you know there is going to be cartoon gore on flight rising and don't like it, simple solution: don't go on flight rising. Anyway, back to the point. There are obviously two or more sides to this and the only way to know who the majority is here is to hold a vote. And I truly believe that is the way to go with the festival skins and accents. It's not unfair in any way shape or form, because it can't be. If the results come in and someone isn't happy with it then they can't complain because the results are what people wanted. They would know where people stand and can make that decision to leave if they are too uncomfortable. This would also take a huge weight off the admins shoulders and they can start paying more attention to other things on the site that need fixing. With a vote, every single person gets to have their choice heard, and in the end the majority wins every time no matter what side that actually is.[/quote] I fully agree with this. I personally would have liked a bit more gorey and Rot-like skins/accents - which is not to say that I did not like the skins and accents for this festival. I quite liked a few of them; especially the Plague-Touched accent for male faes. Either way, the only way to know where the community stands is to hold a vote. Sure, there are probably hundreds of skin and accent entries for each festival, but the staff could pre-select them, filter out the [s][color=red]low quality and the ones that break the rules for skins/accents[/color][/s] ones that don't qualify. There would still be many left, with the many amazing skin and accent artists this site has, but then it's already slightly easier to hold a vote. If it can't be done by a poll in a thread on FR itself, the staff could make use of an external survey website for this vote. Of course, a voting system might still not give an accurate view of the communitie's opinions. There might be people who don't vote, either because they don't really care, don't know about the vote (which might be prevented by providing sufficient information), or because they think their vote will not make any difference. But it's still a more democratic system than having just the staff pick a handful of skins hoping they chose the right ones, isn't it? Those are just my thoughts on the subject, don't mind me too much. Personal opinions are bound to differ, and I would be the last one to say that my opinion is informed enough to be truth.
Valrigard wrote on 2014-10-31 00:36:28:
Actually, voting would work 100%. Anyone who has the audacity to whine about the results after a vote has been done would be silly because its obvious what the majority wants, since they are the ones who picked it. Its a really good way to find out where everyone on the site actually stands with the whole thing. This way, each individual person has their opinion heard and counted towards the end results. No one is being ignored and the decisions will never be biased or unfair.

Right now we are hearing a lot of drama about how 'triggered' people are on one side, and on the other side people saying how disappointed they are about how tamed down the Riot of Rot and plague flight has become. The admins are having to pick a side and cater to them with no way of really knowing who the majority is. The people throwing tantrums about how 'triggered' they are are probably just 2 or 3 people (see: children from tumblr), but because of the fact they have kicked up such a stink about how their poor fragile lives could be in danger over some cartoon images on the internet, we are all having to sacrifice the fun and LORE of the site, even if its what the real majority of its users are against.

I mean seriously, I know people with actual real and serious triggers, and they are smart and sensible enough to know just to keep away from the things that could bring them on instead of trying to make the world cater to them.
For example, I have a HUGE fear of needles to the point of actually fainting, but I don't go ahead and watch medical shows and ring them up afterwards complaining about all the needles being shown. I just don't watch medical shows because I know there will be needles there. Same with websites, if you know there is going to be cartoon gore on flight rising and don't like it, simple solution: don't go on flight rising.

Anyway, back to the point. There are obviously two or more sides to this and the only way to know who the majority is here is to hold a vote. And I truly believe that is the way to go with the festival skins and accents. It's not unfair in any way shape or form, because it can't be. If the results come in and someone isn't happy with it then they can't complain because the results are what people wanted. They would know where people stand and can make that decision to leave if they are too uncomfortable. This would also take a huge weight off the admins shoulders and they can start paying more attention to other things on the site that need fixing. With a vote, every single person gets to have their choice heard, and in the end the majority wins every time no matter what side that actually is.

I fully agree with this.

I personally would have liked a bit more gorey and Rot-like skins/accents - which is not to say that I did not like the skins and accents for this festival. I quite liked a few of them; especially the Plague-Touched accent for male faes.

Either way, the only way to know where the community stands is to hold a vote.
Sure, there are probably hundreds of skin and accent entries for each festival, but the staff could pre-select them, filter out the low quality and the ones that break the rules for skins/accents ones that don't qualify.
There would still be many left, with the many amazing skin and accent artists this site has, but then it's already slightly easier to hold a vote. If it can't be done by a poll in a thread on FR itself, the staff could make use of an external survey website for this vote.

Of course, a voting system might still not give an accurate view of the communitie's opinions. There might be people who don't vote, either because they don't really care, don't know about the vote (which might be prevented by providing sufficient information), or because they think their vote will not make any difference. But it's still a more democratic system than having just the staff pick a handful of skins hoping they chose the right ones, isn't it?

Those are just my thoughts on the subject, don't mind me too much. Personal opinions are bound to differ, and I would be the last one to say that my opinion is informed enough to be truth.
E6RzSMn.png

Please ping me if you reply to me!
I hope this doesn't end with the Plague Flight being taken away. : ( I came to FR partly because it had the Plague Flight, which is sort of unique to these kinds of games. It wouldn't be the same without it, and the bitter irony it would be that the Flight that's supposed to survive gets taken down first...
I hope this doesn't end with the Plague Flight being taken away. : ( I came to FR partly because it had the Plague Flight, which is sort of unique to these kinds of games. It wouldn't be the same without it, and the bitter irony it would be that the Flight that's supposed to survive gets taken down first...
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35