Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Beastclans on the Rise
1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 74 75
This is what happens when I take the weekend off to visit family!? Holy Tidelord!

Yessssssss. - to everything!!!
This is what happens when I take the weekend off to visit family!? Holy Tidelord!

Yessssssss. - to everything!!!
In regard to new breed swap threads: if you decline my offer and I make the same offer later, please know I've legit forgotten I made the offer already and I'm sorry for bothering you twice. I have a garbage memory.
Dude I'm not gonna quote specific people because I'm not trying to call anyone out, but people voicing concerns isn't just like aimless bi-er, complaining?? I know I wrote a Wall o' Words about this, but like. I PROMISE I think this is cool at the end of the day, the implications just make me a tiny bit uncomfortable? I'm not clutchin' my pearls or In Real Life Upset. It's so awesome that it doesn't affect you, at all! Sincerely! I just don't think I'm Carin' Too Much, and sorry if I gave off that impression! It's just a LITTLE uncomfortable. Literally all I'm saying is the canon is telling me 'ancient dragons accidentally/intentionally ravaged the lands of these peeps their intellectual equals, and after a long time the beastclans have had enough, and now ALL OF DRAGONKIND MUST DEFEND THEIR HOME FROM THEM' and I'm just looking at my Nature dragons and my Tundras and my Pearlcatchers and being like "??? oh okay".

Like that's it. Part of the fun of the site for some people is making up stories for their clans and their dragons, within the confines of the presented canon. It's fun if everyone's working off the same source material so you're all reasonably functioning in the same "universe"! If I wanted to just, like, make my own dragon OCs to be whatever, I can do that anywhere. The fun of making Flight Rising dragons, to me and I suspect others, is making characters and dragons that operate within the framework, universe and lore as presented by Flight Rising. Now I have to discard a part of that lore to justify dragons that don't want to fight Beastclans, and I wish I didn't have to! Prior, I didn't have to; they've written in peaceful dragons by ways of certain Flights and breeds that dislike fighting.

That's all! Obviously I can think whatever I want haha! I PROMISE I'M NOT ALL WORKED UP I JUST TYPE A LOT OF WORDS.

I AM super hype and grateful for this update, please don't think me ungrateful! This is seriously awesome and has me hype for Dominance. I guess there's a part of me that doesn't like being cast as a whiner or ungrateful for being a little weird over what I think is a slightly sudden re-casting of the nature of the creatures?

I think that's it; had I have signed up and this had been a Thing already, I wouldn't have cared one bit. I woulda joined a site about Dragons Protecting their Homes from A Blood Feud, and that would have been all she wrote. I just, didn't! Initially! So now it feels like the nature of them has been changed. People are talking about "uh well DUH *DRAGONS*" but? Eastern dragons were pretty much always harbingers of peace and fortune, #NotAllDragons HAHA 9u6

At the end of the day IT'S WHATEVER, the only way this is actually going to affect me is 1) making me more hype for Dominance and 2) making me add a footnote, somewhere, about my unusually pacifistic dragons who take in Beastclan refugees. All I wish is that there was some way to officially do the latter C:

Really sorry if I came off as whiny or impossible-to-please or like a killjoy! ONWARDS WITH THE HYPETRAIN I'M RIGHT THERE WITH YOU
Dude I'm not gonna quote specific people because I'm not trying to call anyone out, but people voicing concerns isn't just like aimless bi-er, complaining?? I know I wrote a Wall o' Words about this, but like. I PROMISE I think this is cool at the end of the day, the implications just make me a tiny bit uncomfortable? I'm not clutchin' my pearls or In Real Life Upset. It's so awesome that it doesn't affect you, at all! Sincerely! I just don't think I'm Carin' Too Much, and sorry if I gave off that impression! It's just a LITTLE uncomfortable. Literally all I'm saying is the canon is telling me 'ancient dragons accidentally/intentionally ravaged the lands of these peeps their intellectual equals, and after a long time the beastclans have had enough, and now ALL OF DRAGONKIND MUST DEFEND THEIR HOME FROM THEM' and I'm just looking at my Nature dragons and my Tundras and my Pearlcatchers and being like "??? oh okay".

Like that's it. Part of the fun of the site for some people is making up stories for their clans and their dragons, within the confines of the presented canon. It's fun if everyone's working off the same source material so you're all reasonably functioning in the same "universe"! If I wanted to just, like, make my own dragon OCs to be whatever, I can do that anywhere. The fun of making Flight Rising dragons, to me and I suspect others, is making characters and dragons that operate within the framework, universe and lore as presented by Flight Rising. Now I have to discard a part of that lore to justify dragons that don't want to fight Beastclans, and I wish I didn't have to! Prior, I didn't have to; they've written in peaceful dragons by ways of certain Flights and breeds that dislike fighting.

That's all! Obviously I can think whatever I want haha! I PROMISE I'M NOT ALL WORKED UP I JUST TYPE A LOT OF WORDS.

I AM super hype and grateful for this update, please don't think me ungrateful! This is seriously awesome and has me hype for Dominance. I guess there's a part of me that doesn't like being cast as a whiner or ungrateful for being a little weird over what I think is a slightly sudden re-casting of the nature of the creatures?

I think that's it; had I have signed up and this had been a Thing already, I wouldn't have cared one bit. I woulda joined a site about Dragons Protecting their Homes from A Blood Feud, and that would have been all she wrote. I just, didn't! Initially! So now it feels like the nature of them has been changed. People are talking about "uh well DUH *DRAGONS*" but? Eastern dragons were pretty much always harbingers of peace and fortune, #NotAllDragons HAHA 9u6

At the end of the day IT'S WHATEVER, the only way this is actually going to affect me is 1) making me more hype for Dominance and 2) making me add a footnote, somewhere, about my unusually pacifistic dragons who take in Beastclan refugees. All I wish is that there was some way to officially do the latter C:

Really sorry if I came off as whiny or impossible-to-please or like a killjoy! ONWARDS WITH THE HYPETRAIN I'M RIGHT THERE WITH YOU
tumblr_n4psrucUbT1s5kckyo1_r1_75sq.gif K6TNbNL.pngUBk2boN.pngsknzsxi.pnggMrGqCS.png tumblr_n4psrucUbT1s5kckyo1_r1_75sq.gif
I have to wonder how many of the people complaining have, up until now, been going into coli and slaughtering these very same creatures (besides the newly added ones, obviously) for food and loot, with absolutely no compunctions. If you've farmed coli before, particularly one of the areas these are found in...I'm sorry, but you are a hypocrite.

Just...now that there's an actual lore reason to be killing them, it's suddenly "OMG, bad!"? I mean...you'd still be killing them anyways for their drops, right?
I have to wonder how many of the people complaining have, up until now, been going into coli and slaughtering these very same creatures (besides the newly added ones, obviously) for food and loot, with absolutely no compunctions. If you've farmed coli before, particularly one of the areas these are found in...I'm sorry, but you are a hypocrite.

Just...now that there's an actual lore reason to be killing them, it's suddenly "OMG, bad!"? I mean...you'd still be killing them anyways for their drops, right?
This might have been able to save the economy.. If it was introduced sooner sadly. :/
Neat idea I suppose. I don't buy things much anymore to care for dominance. Don't play coli either. ^^'
This might have been able to save the economy.. If it was introduced sooner sadly. :/
Neat idea I suppose. I don't buy things much anymore to care for dominance. Don't play coli either. ^^'
[quote name="Silverthorne" date="2014-10-06 11:30:26"]I have to wonder how many of the people complaining have, up until now, been going into coli and slaughtering these very same creatures (besides the newly added ones, obviously) for food and loot, with absolutely no compunctions. If you've farmed coli before, particularly one of the areas these are found in...I'm sorry, but you are a hypocrite. Just...now that there's an actual lore reason to be killing them, it's suddenly "OMG, bad!"? I mean...you'd still be killing them anyways for their drops, right?[/quote] Except that it's said that the creatures you're fighting in the Coli are Shade-tinted, which sort of changes the entire dynamic? Like I get your point! But fighting what amount to "zombies" and, like, Still Totally Sapient Populations are different things c: people that WEREN'T operating under the assumption that Coli-creatures are Shaded are another story! Yeah they might wanna. think about that.
Silverthorne wrote on 2014-10-06 11:30:26:

Except that it's said that the creatures you're fighting in the Coli are Shade-tinted, which sort of changes the entire dynamic? Like I get your point! But fighting what amount to "zombies" and, like, Still Totally Sapient Populations are different things c: people that WEREN'T operating under the assumption that Coli-creatures are Shaded are another story! Yeah they might wanna. think about that.
tumblr_n4psrucUbT1s5kckyo1_r1_75sq.gif K6TNbNL.pngUBk2boN.pngsknzsxi.pnggMrGqCS.png tumblr_n4psrucUbT1s5kckyo1_r1_75sq.gif
Aw man, I just re-read how the new Dominance works and I'm kinda sad. Looks like if, say, Beastclans get 2nd place, they just...get 2nd place. For some reason, when I first read it, I thought it was, like, if Beastclans get any of the top 3 spots, no one gets any benefits. And like...on the one hand, I could see that be frustrating if the Beastclans are too good at Dom, but on the other hand...Cooperative Dom Pushes, anyone?

Just imagine...three Flights working together and having a joint push to keep the Beastclans out of the Top 3. Still competing against each other to a degree, but like...if Flight B drops to 4 with Beastclans at 3, Flights A and C start directing people to give extra dragons to Flight B so they can push out the Beastclans.

Would maybe help make Dom not quite as Drama-filled by making it more Co-Op than competitive and thus require better bonds between Flights?
Aw man, I just re-read how the new Dominance works and I'm kinda sad. Looks like if, say, Beastclans get 2nd place, they just...get 2nd place. For some reason, when I first read it, I thought it was, like, if Beastclans get any of the top 3 spots, no one gets any benefits. And like...on the one hand, I could see that be frustrating if the Beastclans are too good at Dom, but on the other hand...Cooperative Dom Pushes, anyone?

Just imagine...three Flights working together and having a joint push to keep the Beastclans out of the Top 3. Still competing against each other to a degree, but like...if Flight B drops to 4 with Beastclans at 3, Flights A and C start directing people to give extra dragons to Flight B so they can push out the Beastclans.

Would maybe help make Dom not quite as Drama-filled by making it more Co-Op than competitive and thus require better bonds between Flights?
signatureletsmakesomescience_by_starryspelunker-da15fz6.png
[quote name="DragonGirl218" date="2014-10-06 12:12:04"]Aw man, I just re-read how the new Dominance works and I'm kinda sad. Looks like if, say, Beastclans get 2nd place, they just...get 2nd place. For some reason, when I first read it, I thought it was, like, if Beastclans get [i]any[/i] of the top 3 spots, [i]no one[/i] gets any benefits. And like...on the one hand, I could see that be frustrating if the Beastclans are too good at Dom, but on the other hand...[i]Cooperative Dom Pushes, anyone?[/i] Just imagine...three Flights working together and having a joint push to keep the Beastclans out of the Top 3. Still competing against each other to a degree, but like...if Flight B drops to 4 with Beastclans at 3, Flights A and C start directing people to give extra dragons to Flight B so they can push out the Beastclans. Would [i]maybe[/i] help make Dom not quite as Drama-filled by making it more Co-Op than competitive and thus require better bonds between Flights?[/quote] this is Cool and I hope this happens '^'
DragonGirl218 wrote on 2014-10-06 12:12:04:

this is Cool and I hope this happens '^'
Has it been mentioned how this effects battle weariness? If you place, do you still have any sort of battle weariness on your flight? Or is it just for first place?
Has it been mentioned how this effects battle weariness? If you place, do you still have any sort of battle weariness on your flight? Or is it just for first place?
xE1OeyQ.png
I CANT WAIT TO FIGHT EVERYBODY

AND CLAIM THE WHOLE MAP, FOR MY CLAN

JUST MY CLAN

I WILL CALL IT

The land of Muffins

Amazing update guys, I'm loving it!
I CANT WAIT TO FIGHT EVERYBODY

AND CLAIM THE WHOLE MAP, FOR MY CLAN

JUST MY CLAN

I WILL CALL IT

The land of Muffins

Amazing update guys, I'm loving it!
ar_shop_sig_by_hanjamuffin-dazwfrr.png
@Oszs

Just because western dragons are traditionally known as being destructive and brutal doesn't mean that all dragon lore that doesn't fall into that category are "politically correct." Eastern dragons are noted as not really being like that but it doesn't make them any less dragons.

Also, yeah it's a game, but you don't want to be playing Pokemon and have it sprung on you that you're waging a war on a sentient species and capturing then using their own kind against them. At least, most people wouldn't appreciate it since that's not what they signed up for. Plenty of people play games to get away from these kinds of super dark issues which, surprise, do happen in the real world.
@Oszs

Just because western dragons are traditionally known as being destructive and brutal doesn't mean that all dragon lore that doesn't fall into that category are "politically correct." Eastern dragons are noted as not really being like that but it doesn't make them any less dragons.

Also, yeah it's a game, but you don't want to be playing Pokemon and have it sprung on you that you're waging a war on a sentient species and capturing then using their own kind against them. At least, most people wouldn't appreciate it since that's not what they signed up for. Plenty of people play games to get away from these kinds of super dark issues which, surprise, do happen in the real world.
Make this tiny goat a familiar.
Micro Goat
1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 74 75