Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Beastclans on the Rise
1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 74 75
does this also mean that only the first place flight will have the 10% reduction, or will all three top flights have that placed on them?
does this also mean that only the first place flight will have the 10% reduction, or will all three top flights have that placed on them?
After thinking this whole development over a few times, I'm definitely intrigued.

Dragons seem set up as the villains in this situation: so is this going to be an ongoing plot where the roles get reversed, or are flying lizards just jerks more often than not? Is it more a situation of our species coming first, regardless of whether the others are sentient or not? Is there something deeper behind it than the mandates of the deities for more territory and worship?

Curiosity officially piqued.
After thinking this whole development over a few times, I'm definitely intrigued.

Dragons seem set up as the villains in this situation: so is this going to be an ongoing plot where the roles get reversed, or are flying lizards just jerks more often than not? Is it more a situation of our species coming first, regardless of whether the others are sentient or not? Is there something deeper behind it than the mandates of the deities for more territory and worship?

Curiosity officially piqued.
with the new lair expansions, do our lairs get granted different titles?

like how we have ancient, mighty, lesser etc. is there a name for the levels above ancient?
with the new lair expansions, do our lairs get granted different titles?

like how we have ancient, mighty, lesser etc. is there a name for the levels above ancient?
*glasses equipped* Game on!
*glasses equipped* Game on!
b33911.png
Forum signature by Encore.
@Hestmord [quote name="Hestmord" date="2014-10-06 05:26:42"]Now personally I'm down with monstrous, city-devouring, nightmare-of-old-legend dragons and I think there's a lot of interesting potential in the idea that some of my favourite lair characters - who are, after all, sympathetic to me - are classic folklore bedevilments awaiting slaying by a suitable hero to some of the "monsters" of Sornieth.[/quote] It was mentioned in the Centaur Lore that the Dunhoof were splitting and were taking the name of their Herd Leader and ditching the Dunhoof connection. The new Wintermane familiars are from the Wintermane herd. Meanwhile.... I swear I'm supposed to be writing papers and I have these goofy thoughts instead. Maybe this is kinda blown out of proportion by the Beastclans. I mean really, has anyone done their Gathering today already? I'm suddenly getting the idea that the "destruction" that dragons are causing is really them being clumsy. I can totally see how a 20-ton Guardian would tear up a cornfield chasing after Satin Mice. [b]Open Scene[/b]: [i]Forest is destroyed. Razed by the Scavenging of dragons.[/i] Dragon1: Oh look! *holds up an item between their claws* I found a Dried Cedar Branch! Dragon2: Dude! *shoves 100-foot redwood tree out of the way* Look! I got a squirrel. [i]Centaurs and Tengu weep in the distance, and look over a their crushed bamboo homes [/i] Dragon2: LOL! Look at this awesomely big bit of bamboo! *gnaws on one end of it* Crunchy! Dragon3: Oh please, look at this single bit of grass [i]I[/i] found. *sits in giant goddarned field of grass, eating a single tuft of grass* [i]Harpy swears vengeance on dragonkind over turned over mountainside![/i] Dragon: Hey Skipping stones! I love Skipping Stones! And Shale, I am going to have the best paved lair ever with all this Shale! Dragon4: *too his companion* No really, Round Pebbles make the best marbles, and we don't have Sand like this at home. Dragon5: Yeah we do, we live on a beach. We got like, tons of sand like this. Dragon4: No we don't. Dragon5: Yes we do. Dragon4: Our Sand's heavier. Dragon5: Now look, don't be stupid, this sand is obviously denser, It's going to be a pain to stuff it in enough Sandsuckers back home. Dragon4: That's because you keep wanting to use those Western Sandsuckers. Dragon5: They can hold more! Dragon4: Nuh-uh! [i]Meren.... weeps over former sandcastles. Ineffectually stabs dragon in the ankle with a seashell while they argue about unladen African sand suckers [/i] Because if we're gonna play this lore all the way, then yeah, this is all because our dragons Scavenge up complete crap and seriously, they eat lizards, grass, roaches and sardines. Hardly the gas you run a Beastclan stomping empire on.
@Hestmord
Hestmord wrote on 2014-10-06 05:26:42:
Now personally I'm down with monstrous, city-devouring, nightmare-of-old-legend dragons and I think there's a lot of interesting potential in the idea that some of my favourite lair characters - who are, after all, sympathetic to me - are classic folklore bedevilments awaiting slaying by a suitable hero to some of the "monsters" of Sornieth.

It was mentioned in the Centaur Lore that the Dunhoof were splitting and were taking the name of their Herd Leader and ditching the Dunhoof connection. The new Wintermane familiars are from the Wintermane herd.

Meanwhile.... I swear I'm supposed to be writing papers and I have these goofy thoughts instead.

Maybe this is kinda blown out of proportion by the Beastclans. I mean really, has anyone done their Gathering today already?

I'm suddenly getting the idea that the "destruction" that dragons are causing is really them being clumsy. I can totally see how a 20-ton Guardian would tear up a cornfield chasing after Satin Mice.

Open Scene:

Forest is destroyed. Razed by the Scavenging of dragons.

Dragon1: Oh look! *holds up an item between their claws* I found a Dried Cedar Branch!
Dragon2: Dude! *shoves 100-foot redwood tree out of the way* Look! I got a squirrel.

Centaurs and Tengu weep in the distance, and look over a their crushed bamboo homes

Dragon2: LOL! Look at this awesomely big bit of bamboo! *gnaws on one end of it* Crunchy!
Dragon3: Oh please, look at this single bit of grass I found. *sits in giant goddarned field of grass, eating a single tuft of grass*

Harpy swears vengeance on dragonkind over turned over mountainside!

Dragon: Hey Skipping stones! I love Skipping Stones! And Shale, I am going to have the best paved lair ever with all this Shale!

Dragon4: *too his companion* No really, Round Pebbles make the best marbles, and we don't have Sand like this at home.
Dragon5: Yeah we do, we live on a beach. We got like, tons of sand like this.
Dragon4: No we don't.
Dragon5: Yes we do.
Dragon4: Our Sand's heavier.
Dragon5: Now look, don't be stupid, this sand is obviously denser, It's going to be a pain to stuff it in enough Sandsuckers back home.
Dragon4: That's because you keep wanting to use those Western Sandsuckers.
Dragon5: They can hold more!
Dragon4: Nuh-uh!

Meren.... weeps over former sandcastles. Ineffectually stabs dragon in the ankle with a seashell while they argue about unladen African sand suckers

Because if we're gonna play this lore all the way, then yeah, this is all because our dragons Scavenge up complete crap and seriously, they eat lizards, grass, roaches and sardines. Hardly the gas you run a Beastclan stomping empire on.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
@Hestmord As Wind Flight I can say i am very excited! We may be gentle travelers for the most part but one should never doubt the ferocity of a gale! Also if you scroll over my icon you can see how excited i am~

I can also say that some of us are just as hyped while others are not as hyped. Some didn't like being thrusted into the role of "jerk species over seer" and feel as though their own clans are of the gentler sort sans the few that they do use in the coliseum. Some also thought that having a familiar was more of a friendly thing then this update happened and just like any gentle player from any clan; be it plague, ice, shadow, light, nature, water, some were a little miffed because the new lore makes it seem as though there's no role wiggle room.
@Hestmord As Wind Flight I can say i am very excited! We may be gentle travelers for the most part but one should never doubt the ferocity of a gale! Also if you scroll over my icon you can see how excited i am~

I can also say that some of us are just as hyped while others are not as hyped. Some didn't like being thrusted into the role of "jerk species over seer" and feel as though their own clans are of the gentler sort sans the few that they do use in the coliseum. Some also thought that having a familiar was more of a friendly thing then this update happened and just like any gentle player from any clan; be it plague, ice, shadow, light, nature, water, some were a little miffed because the new lore makes it seem as though there's no role wiggle room.
Are people really upset/surprised that dragons are supposedly elitist leaders of a mass holocaust of other sentient species?

Because that seems like something a dragon would do.

HAVE YOU NOT HEARD OF DRAGONS BEFORE NOW?

Made famous for being horrific monsters of myth? Go cuddle your politically correct dragons elsewhere KILL EM ALL, I SAY!

*rides dergs into battle/massacres/pillaging*

Also. Is game. Not real. None of it.
Your dragons are what you want them to be :3

Also, keep in mind, YOUR dragons could have been born after the war or something... I dunno. Whatever. Just have fun.
Are people really upset/surprised that dragons are supposedly elitist leaders of a mass holocaust of other sentient species?

Because that seems like something a dragon would do.

HAVE YOU NOT HEARD OF DRAGONS BEFORE NOW?

Made famous for being horrific monsters of myth? Go cuddle your politically correct dragons elsewhere KILL EM ALL, I SAY!

*rides dergs into battle/massacres/pillaging*

Also. Is game. Not real. None of it.
Your dragons are what you want them to be :3

Also, keep in mind, YOUR dragons could have been born after the war or something... I dunno. Whatever. Just have fun.
Thank you @akiri
Thank you @akiri
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group
20% off MP; accent payments due (now and soon); new lair slots to buy

/sobs from internal conflict (mostly b/w MP discount and lair slots (ahmg those prices lmao) after I pay accent stuff, for obvs reasons of priority. I'm not gonna be a d - oh! uhm - that kinda person u xu;

I'll probably sell my one set of glasses. I got sick and missed the rest of the sale. lol. prices are probably low to the point its not worth it yet though (??) :s

and also I'm completely confused how this beastclans works. sounds pre~etty cool though ! But.. yeah.. confuzzled.. not been very "brain-capable" recently, heh.. 'orz

edit: wait? people are upset?

I think this beastclans thing is optional to "play", right? o:

idk, like I said, confused about it all, lol.
20% off MP; accent payments due (now and soon); new lair slots to buy

/sobs from internal conflict (mostly b/w MP discount and lair slots (ahmg those prices lmao) after I pay accent stuff, for obvs reasons of priority. I'm not gonna be a d - oh! uhm - that kinda person u xu;

I'll probably sell my one set of glasses. I got sick and missed the rest of the sale. lol. prices are probably low to the point its not worth it yet though (??) :s

and also I'm completely confused how this beastclans works. sounds pre~etty cool though ! But.. yeah.. confuzzled.. not been very "brain-capable" recently, heh.. 'orz

edit: wait? people are upset?

I think this beastclans thing is optional to "play", right? o:

idk, like I said, confused about it all, lol.
*in monotonous voice* Bueller... Bueller...

p.s. It's okay to ping me. I literally don't care as long as I'm not being "used" for raffle points and that ilk. But yeah, for the most part, I'm not so "important" I can't spare the ~5 seconds it takes to check out a ping. lol.
[quote name="Amut" date="2014-10-06 09:04:20"]@Hestmord [quote name="Hestmord" date="2014-10-06 05:26:42"]Now personally I'm down with monstrous, city-devouring, nightmare-of-old-legend dragons and I think there's a lot of interesting potential in the idea that some of my favourite lair characters - who are, after all, sympathetic to me - are classic folklore bedevilments awaiting slaying by a suitable hero to some of the "monsters" of Sornieth.[/quote] It was mentioned in the Centaur Lore that the Dunhoof were splitting and were taking the name of their Herd Leader and ditching the Dunhoof connection. The new Wintermane familiars are from the Wintermane herd. Meanwhile.... I swear I'm supposed to be writing papers and I have these goofy thoughts instead. Maybe this is kinda blown out of proportion by the Beastclans. I mean really, has anyone done their Gathering today already? I'm suddenly getting the idea that the "destruction" that dragons are causing is really them being clumsy. I can totally see how a 20-ton Guardian would tear up a cornfield chasing after Satin Mice. [b]Open Scene[/b]: [i]Forest is destroyed. Razed by the Scavenging of dragons.[/i] Dragon1: Oh look! *holds up an item between their claws* I found a Dried Cedar Branch! Dragon2: Dude! *shoves 100-foot redwood tree out of the way* Look! I got a squirrel. [i]Centaurs and Tengu weep in the distance, and look over a their crushed bamboo homes [/i] Dragon2: LOL! Look at this awesomely big bit of bamboo! *gnaws on one end of it* Crunchy! Dragon3: Oh please, look at this single bit of grass [i]I[/i] found. *sits in giant goddarned field of grass, eating a single tuft of grass* [i]Harpy swears vengeance on dragonkind over turned over mountainside![/i] Dragon: Hey Skipping stones! I love Skipping Stones! And Shale, I am going to have the best paved lair ever with all this Shale! Dragon4: *too his companion* No really, Round Pebbles make the best marbles, and we don't have Sand like this at home. Dragon5: Yeah we do, we live on a beach. We got like, tons of sand like this. Dragon4: No we don't. Dragon5: Yes we do. Dragon4: Our Sand's heavier. Dragon5: Now look, don't be stupid, this sand is obviously denser, It's going to be a pain to stuff it in enough Sandsuckers back home. Dragon4: That's because you keep wanting to use those Western Sandsuckers. Dragon5: They can hold more! Dragon4: Nuh-uh! [i]Meren.... weeps over former sandcastles. Ineffectually stabs dragon in the ankle with a seashell while they argue about unladen African sand suckers [/i] Because if we're gonna play this lore all the way, then yeah, this is all because our dragons Scavenge up complete crap and seriously, they eat lizards, grass, roaches and sardines. Hardly the gas you run a Beastclan stomping empire on.[/quote] THIS THIS THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I'm really excited with the new lore, it's absolutely AMAZING Thank you so much, FR team! :D
Amut wrote on 2014-10-06 09:04:20:
@Hestmord
Hestmord wrote on 2014-10-06 05:26:42:
Now personally I'm down with monstrous, city-devouring, nightmare-of-old-legend dragons and I think there's a lot of interesting potential in the idea that some of my favourite lair characters - who are, after all, sympathetic to me - are classic folklore bedevilments awaiting slaying by a suitable hero to some of the "monsters" of Sornieth.

It was mentioned in the Centaur Lore that the Dunhoof were splitting and were taking the name of their Herd Leader and ditching the Dunhoof connection. The new Wintermane familiars are from the Wintermane herd.

Meanwhile.... I swear I'm supposed to be writing papers and I have these goofy thoughts instead.

Maybe this is kinda blown out of proportion by the Beastclans. I mean really, has anyone done their Gathering today already?

I'm suddenly getting the idea that the "destruction" that dragons are causing is really them being clumsy. I can totally see how a 20-ton Guardian would tear up a cornfield chasing after Satin Mice.

Open Scene:

Forest is destroyed. Razed by the Scavenging of dragons.

Dragon1: Oh look! *holds up an item between their claws* I found a Dried Cedar Branch!
Dragon2: Dude! *shoves 100-foot redwood tree out of the way* Look! I got a squirrel.

Centaurs and Tengu weep in the distance, and look over a their crushed bamboo homes

Dragon2: LOL! Look at this awesomely big bit of bamboo! *gnaws on one end of it* Crunchy!
Dragon3: Oh please, look at this single bit of grass I found. *sits in giant goddarned field of grass, eating a single tuft of grass*

Harpy swears vengeance on dragonkind over turned over mountainside!

Dragon: Hey Skipping stones! I love Skipping Stones! And Shale, I am going to have the best paved lair ever with all this Shale!

Dragon4: *too his companion* No really, Round Pebbles make the best marbles, and we don't have Sand like this at home.
Dragon5: Yeah we do, we live on a beach. We got like, tons of sand like this.
Dragon4: No we don't.
Dragon5: Yes we do.
Dragon4: Our Sand's heavier.
Dragon5: Now look, don't be stupid, this sand is obviously denser, It's going to be a pain to stuff it in enough Sandsuckers back home.
Dragon4: That's because you keep wanting to use those Western Sandsuckers.
Dragon5: They can hold more!
Dragon4: Nuh-uh!

Meren.... weeps over former sandcastles. Ineffectually stabs dragon in the ankle with a seashell while they argue about unladen African sand suckers

Because if we're gonna play this lore all the way, then yeah, this is all because our dragons Scavenge up complete crap and seriously, they eat lizards, grass, roaches and sardines. Hardly the gas you run a Beastclan stomping empire on.

THIS THIS THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm really excited with the new lore, it's absolutely AMAZING

Thank you so much, FR team! :D
3012403.png2964627.png6760801.png2944210.png2964628.png

~ Wind Flight ~
1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 74 75