Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Shake Your Tail Feathers!
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
They are now. But I can confirm this. The one dragon I have on my battle team with a Berserker stone makes 30 points more damage than the other two. They weren't working last time I went in for food as far as I know.

Actually, that's pretty suspicious how fast the stones started working after the players put forth a complaint about the coli en mass on this update post.

Players have been complaining about the Berserker stones for months and only now they get fixed? Very suspicious. It's like, "so the staff can actually listen if we get insistent enough? EGADS!"

Either they had a fix in the wings already and was sitting on it, or it didn't actually take all that much to fix it. Or some combo.

My suggestion is don't stop now. Maybe if we keep complaining very loudly up they will undo the terrible "rebalancing" of drops and fix the rest of the stones. Maybe even that Breath bug!

Ah, you know what, nevermind. I'm really doubting they'll fix the coli drops so it will be worthwhile again for casual players that don't spend eight hours a day grinding. That may be too much to hope for. Reading over my last response made me realize just how jaded I got over this place. It's a pretty bad thing when I get this jaded about a website game. Kind of too little, too late, really.

The only reason I even came on today was because I remembered I had eggs to incubate, and I feel bad if eggs go unhealthy. Not that I can hatch them anyway because I have no room because of the hideously expensive lair expansions, which is pretty darned sad considering I would like to be able to collect dragons on some game, somewhere, someday. :T

Toodles.
They are now. But I can confirm this. The one dragon I have on my battle team with a Berserker stone makes 30 points more damage than the other two. They weren't working last time I went in for food as far as I know.

Actually, that's pretty suspicious how fast the stones started working after the players put forth a complaint about the coli en mass on this update post.

Players have been complaining about the Berserker stones for months and only now they get fixed? Very suspicious. It's like, "so the staff can actually listen if we get insistent enough? EGADS!"

Either they had a fix in the wings already and was sitting on it, or it didn't actually take all that much to fix it. Or some combo.

My suggestion is don't stop now. Maybe if we keep complaining very loudly up they will undo the terrible "rebalancing" of drops and fix the rest of the stones. Maybe even that Breath bug!

Ah, you know what, nevermind. I'm really doubting they'll fix the coli drops so it will be worthwhile again for casual players that don't spend eight hours a day grinding. That may be too much to hope for. Reading over my last response made me realize just how jaded I got over this place. It's a pretty bad thing when I get this jaded about a website game. Kind of too little, too late, really.

The only reason I even came on today was because I remembered I had eggs to incubate, and I feel bad if eggs go unhealthy. Not that I can hatch them anyway because I have no room because of the hideously expensive lair expansions, which is pretty darned sad considering I would like to be able to collect dragons on some game, somewhere, someday. :T

Toodles.
Okay, I was gonna keep quiet, but you know what? Nerfing the fragments is a terrible idea.

Please, for the love of god, undo the nerfs. Just...stop nerfing the Coli already. It's making your userbase suffer, and really, it doesn't make sense. You want more treasure if you're going to expand the user population, so people have more to spend. More money = happier people. The fragments were that sort of reward for your hard work at the end of the day. It's not every day you can find something really special, like an egg, but getting a fragment was really something to smile over.
But hey, congratulations! You've gotten rid of something really satisfying. Lowering the price only adds insult to injury.

I don't want to see this site go the way of Neopets. Because, let me tell you, this is very quickly starting to look like the Neopets economy, where money is scarce and the users are unhappy. If anyone else plays Neopets, you know exactly what I'm talking about. The games are MUCH too difficult and time-consuming, and you get next to nothing from most of them. You have to scrounge for every last neopoint you can get, and all it ever feels like is a dead struggle. Even when you manage to save enough for something nice, you're always left with nothing again, and if there was ever a site that made me feel like Sisyphus, trying to roll the boulder up the hill and constantly having to start back from the bottom, Neopets is that site. It has no feeling of accomplishment, or satisfaction. Gaia Online was worse, and I saw that one go down the tubes, too. Same thing: there was literally no way to make money. The only people who ever had anything nice were the people who spent real money on the game, and some of us don't have that luxury, at all.

That's why it's really, REALLY important to not do things like devalue something a lot of your users love. Because, if people feel like there's no point to playing, that they're just wasting hours and hours of their lives making next to nothing, they aren't going to come back, and no, no little bit of extra damage from fixed bugs will bring them back.

C'mon, I mean...I love Flight Rising. I love the idea. I love this silly dragon game. I love the fact that there's a place for me and my weird affinity for viruses. I love how relaxing a nice bit of coli grinding can be, and I love how thrilling the dom battles get. Most of all, I love the people on here, and the fact that I can be myself without worrying about whether people will harass me because of what I am, because everything is dragons and cute hatchlings and nobody feels the need to be a jerk.

Please, don't turn something that's good, honest fun into a chore.
Okay, I was gonna keep quiet, but you know what? Nerfing the fragments is a terrible idea.

Please, for the love of god, undo the nerfs. Just...stop nerfing the Coli already. It's making your userbase suffer, and really, it doesn't make sense. You want more treasure if you're going to expand the user population, so people have more to spend. More money = happier people. The fragments were that sort of reward for your hard work at the end of the day. It's not every day you can find something really special, like an egg, but getting a fragment was really something to smile over.
But hey, congratulations! You've gotten rid of something really satisfying. Lowering the price only adds insult to injury.

I don't want to see this site go the way of Neopets. Because, let me tell you, this is very quickly starting to look like the Neopets economy, where money is scarce and the users are unhappy. If anyone else plays Neopets, you know exactly what I'm talking about. The games are MUCH too difficult and time-consuming, and you get next to nothing from most of them. You have to scrounge for every last neopoint you can get, and all it ever feels like is a dead struggle. Even when you manage to save enough for something nice, you're always left with nothing again, and if there was ever a site that made me feel like Sisyphus, trying to roll the boulder up the hill and constantly having to start back from the bottom, Neopets is that site. It has no feeling of accomplishment, or satisfaction. Gaia Online was worse, and I saw that one go down the tubes, too. Same thing: there was literally no way to make money. The only people who ever had anything nice were the people who spent real money on the game, and some of us don't have that luxury, at all.

That's why it's really, REALLY important to not do things like devalue something a lot of your users love. Because, if people feel like there's no point to playing, that they're just wasting hours and hours of their lives making next to nothing, they aren't going to come back, and no, no little bit of extra damage from fixed bugs will bring them back.

C'mon, I mean...I love Flight Rising. I love the idea. I love this silly dragon game. I love the fact that there's a place for me and my weird affinity for viruses. I love how relaxing a nice bit of coli grinding can be, and I love how thrilling the dom battles get. Most of all, I love the people on here, and the fact that I can be myself without worrying about whether people will harass me because of what I am, because everything is dragons and cute hatchlings and nobody feels the need to be a jerk.

Please, don't turn something that's good, honest fun into a chore.
tumblr_nj881zEgtm1qbol1ao1_400.png
he/him // ER critter
Actually, how about we not complain and give the FR staff a big, heartfelt "thank you" for fixing the Berserker stones instead? e u e

Party in the Coli~
Actually, how about we not complain and give the FR staff a big, heartfelt "thank you" for fixing the Berserker stones instead? e u e

Party in the Coli~
|______________| OOL8tGM.gif |___| }FR+0
she/her
|___| FEJeTed.gif
[quote name="Kimdra" date="2014-08-23 22:45:52"]Actually, how about we [i]not[/i] complain and give the FR staff a big, heartfelt "thank you" for fixing the Berserker stones instead? e u e Party in the Coli~[/quote] That would be the polite thing to do. But for me it would feel not right, just like saying "THANK YOU" TO THE MECHANIC THAT FIXED YOUR FLAT TIRE AFTER YOUR CAR WAS IN THE SHOP FOR OVER A YEAR, BUT ONLY AFTER YOU THREATENED TO TAKE YOUR CAR ELSEWHERE. If we HAD NOT complained, they would HAVE NOT changed anything, like it was for over a year, since I joined. (I am really sorry for being so agressive about this situation, but it riles me up mayorly. I am sick and tired of people fixing stuff to death, just because they feel like it, and do not hear out the mayority of their userbase. And really, what was this supposed to fix? I have no idea? Tossing out new items does not make your users happy, and seeing that something as little as the berserker stones got fixed not even two days after this thread exploded, and even the "dragons showing grown up image" got fixed just HOURS after I said it, means that they CAN fix stuff... just had no reason to do so, because people did not complain enough. That makes me sad. Because that's just getting the userbase to think that things will only get fixed after huge riots. Which in turn will make the userbase put up giant riots if something goes wrong. I know the developers and coders have a real life too, but that was like ... slapping people in the face ... :c) I am too bothered by this game to think straight enough right now. Maybe it's time to put my time here on hiatus. It's not worth getting worked up RL about a webpage. (I mean, thank you guys for fixing the issues. But ... couldn't that happen a bit sooner? Do we REALLY need to complain loudly, over pages, until you SEE that you have to do something, and stop procrastinating on fixing stuff?)
Kimdra wrote on 2014-08-23 22:45:52:

Party in the Coli~

That would be the polite thing to do.

But for me it would feel not right, just like saying "THANK YOU" TO THE MECHANIC THAT FIXED YOUR FLAT TIRE AFTER YOUR CAR WAS IN THE SHOP FOR OVER A YEAR, BUT ONLY AFTER YOU THREATENED TO TAKE YOUR CAR ELSEWHERE.

If we HAD NOT complained, they would HAVE NOT changed anything, like it was for over a year, since I joined.

(I am really sorry for being so agressive about this situation, but it riles me up mayorly.
I am sick and tired of people fixing stuff to death, just because they feel like it, and do not hear out the mayority of their userbase. And really, what was this supposed to fix? I have no idea?
Tossing out new items does not make your users happy, and seeing that something as little as the berserker stones got fixed not even two days after this thread exploded, and even the "dragons showing grown up image" got fixed just HOURS after I said it, means that they CAN fix stuff... just had no reason to do so, because people did not complain enough.
That makes me sad.
Because that's just getting the userbase to think that things will only get fixed after huge riots.
Which in turn will make the userbase put up giant riots if something goes wrong.
I know the developers and coders have a real life too, but that was like ... slapping people in the face ... :c)

I am too bothered by this game to think straight enough right now. Maybe it's time to put my time here on hiatus.
It's not worth getting worked up RL about a webpage.

(I mean, thank you guys for fixing the issues. But ... couldn't that happen a bit sooner? Do we REALLY need to complain loudly, over pages, until you SEE that you have to do something, and stop procrastinating on fixing stuff?)
Dubra.gif2RCvW.gifchl6j.gifs5BmR.gifGHL2o.gifpYlbr.gif0F7Sr.gif
I feel like I'm the only one who loves the imperial used in the news image D: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5804592] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/58046/5804592_350.png[/img] [/url] I'm almost done creating her, I'm so happy ^--^
I feel like I'm the only one who loves the imperial used in the news image D:

5804592_350.png

I'm almost done creating her, I'm so happy ^--^
asgq9q5_by_soujun-da8p8fz.png
Did the fragments ever get their value nerfed? I'm not getting them nearly as often, but they still say they sell for 500T.
Did the fragments ever get their value nerfed? I'm not getting them nearly as often, but they still say they sell for 500T.
XwAOBEQ.png
@Highgarden @CoffeeBeanFox @Skreel @tangleoak @shivaesyke @perosus @Muse @azulafires @tangleoak @RedRarebit @Pixar @Alkalie
and to everyone whos having a stressful time on fr recently;

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=1132879&page=39

go to this page and see how others thought about sniping and MP problems and such. just read from there to page 44 or sth then you will get the sense, if ur in a hurry just start from p43 to witness a trainwreck
according to the cool ppl this site aint worth arguing over, and now i also agree. cuz i no longer care (btw i still havent seen smoke or ferrets or anything actually on MP yet but rly who cares)
so hey, why dont we all stop caring so much?

looking forward to many more unavailable pretty items in the future.
@Highgarden @CoffeeBeanFox @Skreel @tangleoak @shivaesyke @perosus @Muse @azulafires @tangleoak @RedRarebit @Pixar @Alkalie
and to everyone whos having a stressful time on fr recently;

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=frd&id=1132879&page=39

go to this page and see how others thought about sniping and MP problems and such. just read from there to page 44 or sth then you will get the sense, if ur in a hurry just start from p43 to witness a trainwreck
according to the cool ppl this site aint worth arguing over, and now i also agree. cuz i no longer care (btw i still havent seen smoke or ferrets or anything actually on MP yet but rly who cares)
so hey, why dont we all stop caring so much?

looking forward to many more unavailable pretty items in the future.
tumblr_inline_n5wq0p9DcG1rozs7z.gifART SHOP | SKINS | HATCHERY | TUMBLR tumblr_inline_n5wq0sFHTo1rozs7z.gif
@aluben - Thats an interesting read, but I've already accepted that the admin rarely if ever listen to criticisms about stocking, sniping, restocking, drop rates, the broken gathering/chest system (which is a pet cause of mine) or anything else. At this point, I'm here to play with my friends, and make pretty dragons with what I can.

Anything else is a nice perk, because I don't deserve nice things for the simple fact that I have a slow computer, and a slower net connection. I've accepted thats how the admin view me, and people like me, because otherwise they might have adjusted things a little better.
@aluben - Thats an interesting read, but I've already accepted that the admin rarely if ever listen to criticisms about stocking, sniping, restocking, drop rates, the broken gathering/chest system (which is a pet cause of mine) or anything else. At this point, I'm here to play with my friends, and make pretty dragons with what I can.

Anything else is a nice perk, because I don't deserve nice things for the simple fact that I have a slow computer, and a slower net connection. I've accepted thats how the admin view me, and people like me, because otherwise they might have adjusted things a little better.
Good to see the Berserker stones working, thank you for that!

@aluben - It's not even wholly about the marketplace stuff, it's the fact that the lot of us are yelping that something is very wrong and we're basically being ignored. It's like Skyure said, we should not have to scream for things to be fixed! This will cause a riot every single time and like someone else said, this is becoming like the Neopets economy. Something has been very wrong for a little while now and so far we've been ignored unless we rant and rave. That is a dangerous thing.
Good to see the Berserker stones working, thank you for that!

@aluben - It's not even wholly about the marketplace stuff, it's the fact that the lot of us are yelping that something is very wrong and we're basically being ignored. It's like Skyure said, we should not have to scream for things to be fixed! This will cause a riot every single time and like someone else said, this is becoming like the Neopets economy. Something has been very wrong for a little while now and so far we've been ignored unless we rant and rave. That is a dangerous thing.
1z5subl.png
@aluben
i read the post and i kinda agree. i want to stop caring but i cant. (and glob did ish hit the fan in that topic OwO)

the problem is is that there are things that been out for months and a lot of people haven't even seen them yet. i got super lucky that day but some people have not had luck, yet. like what was said before we're trying to get the admins' attention about this but are being ignored a little.

like?? people with slow computers can't have nice things on here and they should have a chance instead of biting their fingers hoping they get really, really lucky and get something worthwhile. ;; u ;

if we stopped caring things wont change, thats the problem. we shouldnt have to keep complaining about something to get it fixed.
@aluben
i read the post and i kinda agree. i want to stop caring but i cant. (and glob did ish hit the fan in that topic OwO)

the problem is is that there are things that been out for months and a lot of people haven't even seen them yet. i got super lucky that day but some people have not had luck, yet. like what was said before we're trying to get the admins' attention about this but are being ignored a little.

like?? people with slow computers can't have nice things on here and they should have a chance instead of biting their fingers hoping they get really, really lucky and get something worthwhile. ;; u ;

if we stopped caring things wont change, thats the problem. we shouldnt have to keep complaining about something to get it fixed.
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29