Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Tertiary Gene: Smoke
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
I've developed a talent for sniping and have made a small fortune off of smoke reselling, but I agree that the system is ridiculous. Unfortunately this kind of price-based bottleneck is bound to happen when a new gene is in high demand but copies are so limited.

Even a small change, like making the gene spawn less often but with many more copies at one time, would go a long way toward establishing some kind of equality.

Although personally I don't see why the present capricious restocking system ought to exist at all. Why shouldn't items be perpetually in stock like the gemside marketplace? Other than letting resellers have a niche, this system seems to have no good reason for existing.
I've developed a talent for sniping and have made a small fortune off of smoke reselling, but I agree that the system is ridiculous. Unfortunately this kind of price-based bottleneck is bound to happen when a new gene is in high demand but copies are so limited.

Even a small change, like making the gene spawn less often but with many more copies at one time, would go a long way toward establishing some kind of equality.

Although personally I don't see why the present capricious restocking system ought to exist at all. Why shouldn't items be perpetually in stock like the gemside marketplace? Other than letting resellers have a niche, this system seems to have no good reason for existing.
amPWH3j.png
[quote name="aphie" date="2014-08-01 04:05:54"][quote name="Elizlareth" date="2014-07-29 01:28:18"]It's been almost a month and I still can't grab one out of the MP, the AH prices are going up rather than down and it's the same people with multiple ones selling. Something needs to be done about this as it's become ridiculous now. The developers said they wanted to keep this game fair but there is no fairness or equality when it comes to the way the MP stocks. I am fast approaching breaking point with this game and my only issue is the marketplace. I'd hate to see one easily solved problem driving me away from a game I love but the stress it's causing is rapidly outweighing the enjoyment I get from playing.[/quote] ^^ THIS![/quote] THIS. This game is beginning to have far more frustrations than pleasures. I too love it and have defended the shortcomings but am just about ready to throw in the towel due to lack of "showcase" or pasture and this MP artificial shortage thing. Can't breed, can't decorate the way I want, can't sell. Since that's what I enjoy, what's the point? Games should be fun. Not frustrating.
aphie wrote on 2014-08-01 04:05:54:
Elizlareth wrote on 2014-07-29 01:28:18:
It's been almost a month and I still can't grab one out of the MP, the AH prices are going up rather than down and it's the same people with multiple ones selling. Something needs to be done about this as it's become ridiculous now. The developers said they wanted to keep this game fair but there is no fairness or equality when it comes to the way the MP stocks.

I am fast approaching breaking point with this game and my only issue is the marketplace. I'd hate to see one easily solved problem driving me away from a game I love but the stress it's causing is rapidly outweighing the enjoyment I get from playing.

^^ THIS!

THIS. This game is beginning to have far more frustrations than pleasures. I too love it and have defended the shortcomings but am just about ready to throw in the towel due to lack of "showcase" or pasture and this MP artificial shortage thing. Can't breed, can't decorate the way I want, can't sell. Since that's what I enjoy, what's the point? Games should be fun. Not frustrating.
muwi1j.jpg
I quit trying to get any of the new items.

It isn't worth the stress

Those snippers and whatever... enjoy ur loot.
I quit trying to get any of the new items.

It isn't worth the stress

Those snippers and whatever... enjoy ur loot.
Sing with all the voices of the Mountain... ..
light_banner.png Light Sprite Sunbeam Ursa Sunbeam Soldier Shining Goblin light_banner.png
Paint with all the Colors of the Rainbow...
I love this gene so much. It might be one of my favorite but getting a hold of it is nearly impossible. ofc its always sold out in the MP (I haven't seen it there once) and Im lucky to find some dragon on auction for a reasonalble price (more or less) but they're always a breed I dont want or the dragon's color and gene combination is just horrible, so I have to breed a few times and it just takes too long and in the end becomes boring :<
I love this gene so much. It might be one of my favorite but getting a hold of it is nearly impossible. ofc its always sold out in the MP (I haven't seen it there once) and Im lucky to find some dragon on auction for a reasonalble price (more or less) but they're always a breed I dont want or the dragon's color and gene combination is just horrible, so I have to breed a few times and it just takes too long and in the end becomes boring :<
tumblr_inline_n5l9fw5kQh1scrvs1.png
I'm a tru viking
[quote name="Raera" date="2014-08-06 10:39:44"][quote name="aphie" date="2014-08-01 04:05:54"][quote name="Elizlareth" date="2014-07-29 01:28:18"]It's been almost a month and I still can't grab one out of the MP, the AH prices are going up rather than down and it's the same people with multiple ones selling. Something needs to be done about this as it's become ridiculous now. The developers said they wanted to keep this game fair but there is no fairness or equality when it comes to the way the MP stocks. I am fast approaching breaking point with this game and my only issue is the marketplace. I'd hate to see one easily solved problem driving me away from a game I love but the stress it's causing is rapidly outweighing the enjoyment I get from playing.[/quote] ^^ THIS![/quote] THIS. This game is beginning to have far more frustrations than pleasures. I too love it and have defended the shortcomings but am just about ready to throw in the towel due to lack of "showcase" or pasture and this MP artificial shortage thing. Can't breed, can't decorate the way I want, can't sell. Since that's what I enjoy, what's the point? Games should be fun. Not frustrating.[/quote] I'm in a similar boat. I've just kind of given up on selling my dragons for anything more than a pittance, and I'm saving treasure for the rare time when I want to gene up a dragon to make them pretty. From what I have heard, the Devs want to simulate and actual restocking and selling out marketplace system. And they're doing it randomly instead of just upping the numbers on everything so that people can actually BUY STUFF THEY WANT. I have a pair I won't breed because I want the female to have a Smoke gene. I want to be able to breed change my dragons immediately when the gene comes out, not three or four months later. And that's the tip of the ice berg.
Raera wrote on 2014-08-06 10:39:44:
aphie wrote on 2014-08-01 04:05:54:
Elizlareth wrote on 2014-07-29 01:28:18:
It's been almost a month and I still can't grab one out of the MP, the AH prices are going up rather than down and it's the same people with multiple ones selling. Something needs to be done about this as it's become ridiculous now. The developers said they wanted to keep this game fair but there is no fairness or equality when it comes to the way the MP stocks.

I am fast approaching breaking point with this game and my only issue is the marketplace. I'd hate to see one easily solved problem driving me away from a game I love but the stress it's causing is rapidly outweighing the enjoyment I get from playing.

^^ THIS!

THIS. This game is beginning to have far more frustrations than pleasures. I too love it and have defended the shortcomings but am just about ready to throw in the towel due to lack of "showcase" or pasture and this MP artificial shortage thing. Can't breed, can't decorate the way I want, can't sell. Since that's what I enjoy, what's the point? Games should be fun. Not frustrating.

I'm in a similar boat. I've just kind of given up on selling my dragons for anything more than a pittance, and I'm saving treasure for the rare time when I want to gene up a dragon to make them pretty.

From what I have heard, the Devs want to simulate and actual restocking and selling out marketplace system. And they're doing it randomly instead of just upping the numbers on everything so that people can actually BUY STUFF THEY WANT.

I have a pair I won't breed because I want the female to have a Smoke gene. I want to be able to breed change my dragons immediately when the gene comes out, not three or four months later.

And that's the tip of the ice berg.
MagnusSignature_zps08f47bcd.jpg
Seriously, I have absolutely no problem with items selling out and being difficult to grab in the first couple of weeks because people are excited, it's bound to happen. What I don't understand is why it's been allowed to happen for so long after the initial release, and it's not just Smoke gene, we've seen this with new apparel items too (familiars don't seem to suffer so badly for some reason, I guess because most new familiars are easily available through other means)

Why does the restock have to completely random? I understand it keeps things interesting but why can't it be something like a full restock at 00 and 30 past the hour with a small chance of a partial restock every five minutes?

Of course there's no such thing as a completely fair system, but there's most certainly something better than this.
Seriously, I have absolutely no problem with items selling out and being difficult to grab in the first couple of weeks because people are excited, it's bound to happen. What I don't understand is why it's been allowed to happen for so long after the initial release, and it's not just Smoke gene, we've seen this with new apparel items too (familiars don't seem to suffer so badly for some reason, I guess because most new familiars are easily available through other means)

Why does the restock have to completely random? I understand it keeps things interesting but why can't it be something like a full restock at 00 and 30 past the hour with a small chance of a partial restock every five minutes?

Of course there's no such thing as a completely fair system, but there's most certainly something better than this.
Completely fair system = No item limits. Price is the only limit to what you can get.
Completely fair system = No item limits. Price is the only limit to what you can get.
It's not right for people to artificially keep the prices high, and they are by buying every single smoke gene that goes up on the AH and then relisting it. That's why there are so many people with so many of them. They didn't snipe them. Someone else did. Last night, it got down to 240k, then they were all bought and relisted for more.

Why isn't there a limit to how many of the same item you can sell at once?
It's not right for people to artificially keep the prices high, and they are by buying every single smoke gene that goes up on the AH and then relisting it. That's why there are so many people with so many of them. They didn't snipe them. Someone else did. Last night, it got down to 240k, then they were all bought and relisted for more.

Why isn't there a limit to how many of the same item you can sell at once?
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49