Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, Vol 5
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24
[quote name="melorious" date="2014-06-24 11:42:58"]I hate to be a complainer, but most of these changes are great- my only complaint being that I have a learning disability that makes it hard to distinguish the symbols sometimes, so it actually takes me a bit longer to do searches and such. Male female worked better because female is a longer word, and thus was easier for me to process. But overall, thank you for all your hard work on the site and making a place that is so enjoyable! And good luck to the departing mod.[/quote] @melorious: "Male" and "Female" are still listed as options within the dropdown menu. Only the header has been changed. :)
melorious wrote on 2014-06-24 11:42:58:
I hate to be a complainer, but most of these changes are great- my only complaint being that I have a learning disability that makes it hard to distinguish the symbols sometimes, so it actually takes me a bit longer to do searches and such. Male female worked better because female is a longer word, and thus was easier for me to process.

But overall, thank you for all your hard work on the site and making a place that is so enjoyable! And good luck to the departing mod.

@melorious:

"Male" and "Female" are still listed as options within the dropdown menu. Only the header has been changed. :)
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
@Kjarik

Why does it bother you, just curious? There was a whole thread in the suggestions forum about how people disliked that is said "Gender" and preferred either "sex" or the mars/venus symbols. It's not a big deal to me, but it was important to other users.

Edit: ninja'd
@Kjarik

Why does it bother you, just curious? There was a whole thread in the suggestions forum about how people disliked that is said "Gender" and preferred either "sex" or the mars/venus symbols. It's not a big deal to me, but it was important to other users.

Edit: ninja'd
alWiqh6.png
LOL THE TIDELORD SCARED MY SISTER
LOL THE TIDELORD SCARED MY SISTER
tumblr_n7uy6xqJQG1r1kdulo2_r1_500.gif[/url] bUMd35S.png
[quote]Dragons obtained via the Crossroads, Auction House, or unhatched eggs now properly move to the back of the lair, and should hopefully stop rearranging your other clanmates.[/quote] brb [b]CRYING TEARS OF JOY RIGHT NOW[/b]
Quote:
Dragons obtained via the Crossroads, Auction House, or unhatched eggs now properly move to the back of the lair, and should hopefully stop rearranging your other clanmates.

brb CRYING TEARS OF JOY RIGHT NOW
oz2YrQ2.png
No more rearranging my whole lair! Awesome :D
No more rearranging my whole lair! Awesome :D
kDetLAz.png5utJSlY.png
@melorious
The drop down list still says 'male' or 'female'. Nothing changed except for the drop down menu labeling.
@melorious
The drop down list still says 'male' or 'female'. Nothing changed except for the drop down menu labeling.
DemonbyAnza_zps025ab7f1.gifCHEESEBURGERS ezimba16944221133600_zpse521375e.gif
[quote name="Kjarik" date="2014-06-24 11:41:01"][quote]Dragon "Gender" dropdowns now display the Mars/Venus symbol instead.[/quote] I am the only one around here, who is rather annoyed by this change?[/quote] Not the only one. I'm really curious why this was something that even needed to be changed in the first place? The change to everyone having a dance party around my lair every time I get a new dragon is an amazing one, though. THANK YOU.
Kjarik wrote on 2014-06-24 11:41:01:
Quote:
Dragon "Gender" dropdowns now display the Mars/Venus symbol instead.

I am the only one around here, who is rather annoyed by this change?

Not the only one. I'm really curious why this was something that even needed to be changed in the first place?

The change to everyone having a dance party around my lair every time I get a new dragon is an amazing one, though. THANK YOU.
HerrDoktorOmnonongreenlinesforum3.png
Now I shall forever spend my time in space writing terrible descriptions for my dragons. :3
Now I shall forever spend my time in space writing terrible descriptions for my dragons. :3
[quote name="Kjarik" date="2014-06-24 11:41:01"][quote]Dragon "Gender" dropdowns now display the Mars/Venus symbol instead.[/quote] I am the only one around here, who is rather annoyed by this change?[/quote] @Kjarik There's at least two of us. It's bothering my OCD something fierce, not to mention it feels like an excess of zeal more than anything. I mean, [i]one[/i] of the definitions of "gender" is that of biological sex. A lot of websites use "gender" rather than "sex". Unless we're talking about a person choosing their own gender, where I agree a sliding scale would be far more appropriate than a binary (or a binary + the generic and rather offensive "other"). But I digress. What I *really* meant to post is: [quote]Links that contain ampersands are no longer being corrupted in Forum Signatures, Clan Profiles, Dragon Biographies, or Forum Posts.[/quote] *throws streamers and confetti* THIS IS [b]AWESOME![/b] :D ^_____^
Kjarik wrote on 2014-06-24 11:41:01:
Quote:
Dragon "Gender" dropdowns now display the Mars/Venus symbol instead.

I am the only one around here, who is rather annoyed by this change?

@Kjarik There's at least two of us. It's bothering my OCD something fierce, not to mention it feels like an excess of zeal more than anything. I mean, one of the definitions of "gender" is that of biological sex. A lot of websites use "gender" rather than "sex".

Unless we're talking about a person choosing their own gender, where I agree a sliding scale would be far more appropriate than a binary (or a binary + the generic and rather offensive "other").

But I digress. What I *really* meant to post is:
Quote:
Links that contain ampersands are no longer being corrupted in Forum Signatures, Clan Profiles, Dragon Biographies, or Forum Posts.

*throws streamers and confetti* THIS IS AWESOME! :D ^_____^
Header.png
ALL HAIL THE FIX OF LAIR MUSICAL CHAIRS.
ALL HAIL THE FIX OF LAIR MUSICAL CHAIRS.
MoOtdMJ.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24