Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | A Reminder: Account Security
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
While it is not a problem at this moment, we would like to extend a reminder to all of our players about account security. There is the potential for malicious companies and individuals to try and trick players into providing their account information in exchange for fake promotions, or even for purchasing Flight Rising currency. Please be extremely careful about clicking on any strange links, and NEVER put your Flight Rising account information into any site that is NOT Flight Rising.

We will never ask for your account password in anything other than our site's login field, and if we are running a promotion or event, it will be made known on the front page, and not through e-mail correspondence.

If, by chance, you receive an email that sounds too good to be true, or like it may be a scam, we encourage you to forward it to the administration team at admin@flightrising.com immediately. Always err on the side of "if it wasn't mentioned in a news post or forum post on the site, it's probably not something I should trust."

Scan your computers regularly, don't share your information with others, and change your Flight Rising password regularly, and you should be just fine!

Like we said above: this is not an issue right now, but due to the growth of Flight Rising over the coming weeks and months, there is the possibility of bad people trying to do bad things, and we want everyone to do as much as they can to protect themselves from it.
While it is not a problem at this moment, we would like to extend a reminder to all of our players about account security. There is the potential for malicious companies and individuals to try and trick players into providing their account information in exchange for fake promotions, or even for purchasing Flight Rising currency. Please be extremely careful about clicking on any strange links, and NEVER put your Flight Rising account information into any site that is NOT Flight Rising.

We will never ask for your account password in anything other than our site's login field, and if we are running a promotion or event, it will be made known on the front page, and not through e-mail correspondence.

If, by chance, you receive an email that sounds too good to be true, or like it may be a scam, we encourage you to forward it to the administration team at admin@flightrising.com immediately. Always err on the side of "if it wasn't mentioned in a news post or forum post on the site, it's probably not something I should trust."

Scan your computers regularly, don't share your information with others, and change your Flight Rising password regularly, and you should be just fine!

Like we said above: this is not an issue right now, but due to the growth of Flight Rising over the coming weeks and months, there is the possibility of bad people trying to do bad things, and we want everyone to do as much as they can to protect themselves from it.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
But they just called and said I won a trip to Hawaii!

Thanks for the friendly reminder Xhaz :D
But they just called and said I won a trip to Hawaii!

Thanks for the friendly reminder Xhaz :D
I can't believe this is already an issue!
tumblr_inline_nsthppR02g1s23g03_540.pngCatmas_Sig_PlaygroundA.pngCatmas_Sig_PlaygroundB.pngCatmas_Sig_PlaygroundC.png
But some rich family in Africa needs me to hold onto their money!!!!

I tease. =P
But some rich family in Africa needs me to hold onto their money!!!!

I tease. =P
NHzYzMb.png
[quote name="Megan" date="2013-06-18 16:44:04" url="main.php?p=mb&board=ann&page=1&id=109582#109650"]I can't believe this is already an issue! [/quote] It's not, yet. But the potential is [i]ALWAYS [/i]there, with any site, with any game, and we want our community to be out in front of it.

It's not, yet. But the potential is ALWAYS there, with any site, with any game, and we want our community to be out in front of it.
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
thank you for the warning Admin Xhaztol
thank you for the warning Admin Xhaztol
Thanks for the warning! Hard to believe this site has grown so much so fast and, as expected, this would become a problem.
Thanks for the warning! Hard to believe this site has grown so much so fast and, as expected, this would become a problem.
"My brain is like a warehouse - you can't ever find what it is you're looking for but instead find information you were looking for 4 months ago." - Sciger
I was wondering..... does FR save passwords & can FR view users passwords? some sites do and then that information can be compromised later in the game. Im going to assume you dont but I wanted to ask.

Thanx for reminding us!!!
I was wondering..... does FR save passwords & can FR view users passwords? some sites do and then that information can be compromised later in the game. Im going to assume you dont but I wanted to ask.

Thanx for reminding us!!!
IIN1Zjg.png
I just saw this on Facebook. Thank you for the warning! You guys are always watching out for us. <3
I just saw this on Facebook. Thank you for the warning! You guys are always watching out for us. <3
Snowy_Sig-_Mew_v1.png
Really appreciate this thoughtful warning! :) You guys are the best.
Really appreciate this thoughtful warning! :) You guys are the best.
A pink and cream snake with butterfly wings. The Mottled Buttersnake from your bestiary! ~TYPHOON~
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8