Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, Vol 4
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
[quote name="Tauros" date="2014-05-15 09:37:22"]honestly i have to wonder why the coatl is getting its entry first when its the newest breed when imperials and wildclaws dont even have an entry.[/quote] [quote name="Ilium" date="2014-05-14 18:39:43"]But I sure do wish that the old breeds that still lack information and have been around since the very beginning (imperials and wildclaws) could have their information put up too. :( I know these things take time, but we're nine months in and a signficant number of helpers have been added to the game's roster. Could someone at least say what the hold-up here is?[/quote] [quote name="UNofFangirls" date="2014-05-14 20:22:45"]I'm sure people have mentioned this, but why is Coatl getting an encyclopedia entry when Imps, Skydancers and Windclaws don't have any yet?[/quote] [quote name="Kodelaine" date="2014-05-14 20:43:33"]This is really great! But uh Wildclaw's where the very first breed to be in the Gem market (I think) and they're already gone. They don't have an [i]entry[/i]. I think maybe next time have an entry as SOON as the breed comes out, or soon after. Not after it's long gone and swapped out. I know you're busy but it can't be that difficult, surely. Hell, you can easily get one of us to do it xD (I really love the entries, as someone who designs creatures I love reading about other peoples unique species and creations)[/quote] [quote name="Embidi" date="2014-05-14 21:07:07"]Why have the coatl received a encyclopedia page but [i]not[/i] the imperial, wildclaw, nor the sky dancers yet? They are all[i] older[/i] than the coatl……. I'm just kind of curious about that (I'm very happy the coatl got a page don't get me wrong!)[/quote] Hey everyone! We haven't forgotten about these other breeds. There wasn't any real specific reason for why Coatl lore came out before them, it's just how it worked out. We're still fleshing out a lot of lore as time goes on (some taking us a bit longer to envision/build), so these breeds will receive their background treatment just like all the rest. Don't worry - they're not being ignored!
Tauros wrote on 2014-05-15 09:37:22:
honestly i have to wonder why the coatl is getting its entry first when its the newest breed when imperials and wildclaws dont even have an entry.
Ilium wrote on 2014-05-14 18:39:43:
But I sure do wish that the old breeds that still lack information and have been around since the very beginning (imperials and wildclaws) could have their information put up too. :( I know these things take time, but we're nine months in and a signficant number of helpers have been added to the game's roster. Could someone at least say what the hold-up here is?
UNofFangirls wrote on 2014-05-14 20:22:45:
I'm sure people have mentioned this, but why is Coatl getting an encyclopedia entry when Imps, Skydancers and Windclaws don't have any yet?
Kodelaine wrote on 2014-05-14 20:43:33:
This is really great!
But uh
Wildclaw's where the very first breed to be in the Gem market (I think) and they're already gone.

They don't have an entry.
I think maybe next time have an entry as SOON as the breed comes out, or soon after. Not after it's long gone and swapped out. I know you're busy but it can't be that difficult, surely. Hell, you can easily get one of us to do it xD
(I really love the entries, as someone who designs creatures I love reading about other peoples unique species and creations)
Embidi wrote on 2014-05-14 21:07:07:
Why have the coatl received a encyclopedia page but not the imperial, wildclaw, nor the sky dancers yet? They are all older than the coatl…….

I'm just kind of curious about that (I'm very happy the coatl got a page don't get me wrong!)

Hey everyone! We haven't forgotten about these other breeds. There wasn't any real specific reason for why Coatl lore came out before them, it's just how it worked out. We're still fleshing out a lot of lore as time goes on (some taking us a bit longer to envision/build), so these breeds will receive their background treatment just like all the rest. Don't worry - they're not being ignored!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
So I joined alongside 20,143 other new members?
DAAAAAANG. Wasn't expecting that much.

But now I'm going to have to go check out the encyclopedia. . .I didn't even know it existed before now.
So I joined alongside 20,143 other new members?
DAAAAAANG. Wasn't expecting that much.

But now I'm going to have to go check out the encyclopedia. . .I didn't even know it existed before now.
2e1vqdf.jpgb3JnDBj.gif
I make it a habit not to touch flash games on sites that use them as afterthoughts. *shrug* takes you way too long to work the bugs out. For my flash game needs, I use Pogo...which has a working variation of the tidal game...which hasn't got any bugs. Far as that goes, so does neopets.
I make it a habit not to touch flash games on sites that use them as afterthoughts. *shrug* takes you way too long to work the bugs out. For my flash game needs, I use Pogo...which has a working variation of the tidal game...which hasn't got any bugs. Far as that goes, so does neopets.
I was born in the Year of the Dragon and my Dragon is an Emerging Wood Dragon. Closest I can get to Wood Dragon here is Nature....
I was one of the ones from the registration window!! I have to say that this site is so much fun! it reminds me of when I used to play on Neopets all the time.
I was one of the ones from the registration window!! I have to say that this site is so much fun! it reminds me of when I used to play on Neopets all the time.
I am so happy to have caught the last registration window! I feel pretty lucky! And i look forward to every fun update and it makes this site so much more enjoyable~
I am so happy to have caught the last registration window! I feel pretty lucky! And i look forward to every fun update and it makes this site so much more enjoyable~
so ...what's the story on bar and daub?
so ...what's the story on bar and daub?
crystal_sprite_raffle_by_kuripifire-d88cxm1.jpg
I love words on the wind! however I really wish we had an alert system for new news!, Im constantly seeing things days late! Ive got serious memory issues,.so an alert to "new news" would be awesome!
I love words on the wind! however I really wish we had an alert system for new news!, Im constantly seeing things days late! Ive got serious memory issues,.so an alert to "new news" would be awesome!
Hope this isn't a problem to mention it here - but to the people who like the Coatl lore, I have a darling little grey girl to sell if anyone wants some misfortune and mischief ;) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3270001] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/32701/3270001_350.png[/img] [/url]
Hope this isn't a problem to mention it here - but to the people who like the Coatl lore, I have a darling little grey girl to sell if anyone wants some misfortune and mischief ;)

3270001_350.png
===
eq6zQ9M.png
jt1VeLt.png
bYt72YT.png
awUnQ0L.png
Vtt3Gnc.png
[quote name="Mystik" date="2014-05-15 05:01:08"]I noticed a lot of new loot items, not only in the Coliseum but also with gathering. So the latter probably is due to increased levels, but with the items of the Coliseum I do not quite understand - are the new ones just adds in the range of 35-30ish value or are they (resp. will be) added to Crim's and Swipp's trades as well? (Like - does one have to hoard them cus with new loot there is always new trade items to expect with Swipp?)[/quote] @Mystik A bunch of Gathering items were added - see the last announcement here! http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=ann&id=1075999&p=mb And some additional ones that weren't mentioned there have been showing up as well, like the fabric scraps. I don't know which of those show up at all levels and which are high-level only... But you're right that increasing your levels will unlock new items too. All new items are added to Crim, but the price isn't anything special - Crim is always either 500 or 2x the hoard-sell price, whichever's higher. So all the new items are probably just 500. As for Swipp, it varies - sometimes new items end up needed for new swaps, sometimes they don't, sometimes old items end up needed for new swaps! So... personally I think it's worth hoarding everything, but it's hard to tell whether the new items are any more worth it than the old. (Some of the new ones are getting hoarded just because they're really cute, too. Squidsssssss!)
Mystik wrote on 2014-05-15 05:01:08:
I noticed a lot of new loot items, not only in the Coliseum but also with gathering. So the latter probably is due to increased levels, but with the items of the Coliseum I do not quite understand - are the new ones just adds in the range of 35-30ish value or are they (resp. will be) added to Crim's and Swipp's trades as well? (Like - does one have to hoard them cus with new loot there is always new trade items to expect with Swipp?)

@Mystik A bunch of Gathering items were added - see the last announcement here! http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=ann&id=1075999&p=mb And some additional ones that weren't mentioned there have been showing up as well, like the fabric scraps. I don't know which of those show up at all levels and which are high-level only... But you're right that increasing your levels will unlock new items too.

All new items are added to Crim, but the price isn't anything special - Crim is always either 500 or 2x the hoard-sell price, whichever's higher. So all the new items are probably just 500. As for Swipp, it varies - sometimes new items end up needed for new swaps, sometimes they don't, sometimes old items end up needed for new swaps! So... personally I think it's worth hoarding everything, but it's hard to tell whether the new items are any more worth it than the old. (Some of the new ones are getting hoarded just because they're really cute, too. Squidsssssss!)
@nika

thanks for explaining! :D and yes, I saw that other thread with the new items, I think I was already thinking about the Swipp-question back then xD I mostly hoard, just sometimes feel I could make a bit money out of selling and then I start browsing all guides to find out if I am save with it or should keep it for Crim and Swipp lol.
@nika

thanks for explaining! :D and yes, I saw that other thread with the new items, I think I was already thinking about the Swipp-question back then xD I mostly hoard, just sometimes feel I could make a bit money out of selling and then I start browsing all guides to find out if I am save with it or should keep it for Crim and Swipp lol.
1SZnOCK.png9ZEx0Ta.pngHTV627h.gif
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19