Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Mistral Jamboree
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
@Edaigoa @Penemuel There were only ever 5 skins available in the marketplace this holiday. There was a typo in the announcement for a few hours, but that is all. You didn't miss anything, and their availability was not changed mid-way through. Apologies for any confusion.
@Edaigoa @Penemuel There were only ever 5 skins available in the marketplace this holiday. There was a typo in the announcement for a few hours, but that is all. You didn't miss anything, and their availability was not changed mid-way through. Apologies for any confusion.
Ah, inflated rumors. Gotcha.

@Undel Thanks for clearing that up.

Still not super pleased with the back and forth options between holidays, but knowing that I didn't miss out on simply getting them from the marketplace is something of a relief, thank you.
Ah, inflated rumors. Gotcha.

@Undel Thanks for clearing that up.

Still not super pleased with the back and forth options between holidays, but knowing that I didn't miss out on simply getting them from the marketplace is something of a relief, thank you.
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif
@Undel - Huh. I really believed that at one point early on Sunday I actually spotted six skins for sale at the same time in the marketplace, but I guess I must have been mistaken.

At any rate, for the water festival (and as a water-flight member myself) I would like to put in my vote/request to please have all skins available in the marketplace for that festival (and the ones after it of course, but I have less say there). I love having the chests in the coli and I definitely still want to keep them there, but I also love the ability for everyone to get the skins that they like, even if they either can't farm the coli or the coli drop rates are frustratingly low (as they appeared to be for this festival).

I think it's more important that people who actually like and want to USE the skins have a way to get all the skins they want, than it is to keep the prices high for those who are just getting them for resale later. After all - the skins are still limited to just the festival. The prices will still eventually go high. So what if it takes a bit longer for them to do so? I sell skins for profit sometimes, and I still wouldn't mind.

And if keeping prices high somehow is a priority... (why favor the rich...?) then, like for the shadow festival, go ahead and price the skins that are available in both the coli and the marketplace differently from the skins that are only available in the marketplace, but this time, price the coli skins higher instead of lower. Like... 35k as appears to be standard for the marketplace-only skins, and 40 or 45k for the skins that are also available in coli. I should think that would do the trick of keeping skin prices up a bit more, while still allowing everyone to get their favorites even if coli is failing them.

Also... and this is a totally separate request from above so please consider them separately, but... would it be at all possible to slightly tweak the coli chest drop rates upward for the next festival?

I get that chests are supposed to be rare, and rightfully so... but I put in probably around 60 hours of coli this past week, in the correct areas where they were available, and STILL only managed 1 Zephyr chest and no Painted chests. I did get more of the other chests... but nearly all of those were on Sunday, and I ground several hours every single day, so something definitely seemed very very skewed somewhere.

Honestly, I got more capes and skin crates and rare familiars (like banded owlcat and trick of the light) from coli this week than festival chests, and it made for a very stressful and frustrating festival for me instead of fun like it should have been. I feel like I put in the time... overtime... and then wasn't 'paid' for most of it. Randomness is one thing, but is roughly 1 chest every 2-3 hours of coli (instead of roughly 1 every 5 hours) too much to ask? Maybe it is, I dunno. But I figured I'd at least ask. Most people don't have that much time to waste in the coli (truthfully, I didn't either, and gave up a lot of other things to put in that much time, but I was determined... and still didn't get my goal) so it would be kind to make their time pay off a little better.

I'm sorry if it sounds like complaining. Overall the skins were beautiful, the items (especially the sprite) were great, and the coli and site generally ran wonderfully. Things are improving all the time and it's thanks to the efforts of all the coders and staff. I just think that these small tweaks I've mentioned would make future festivals even better and more fun for everyone. ^_^ (and I admit, I would love for them to be in effect for my own element's festival, because if I can't get all the skins for my own element it would be very disheartening indeed.)
@Undel - Huh. I really believed that at one point early on Sunday I actually spotted six skins for sale at the same time in the marketplace, but I guess I must have been mistaken.

At any rate, for the water festival (and as a water-flight member myself) I would like to put in my vote/request to please have all skins available in the marketplace for that festival (and the ones after it of course, but I have less say there). I love having the chests in the coli and I definitely still want to keep them there, but I also love the ability for everyone to get the skins that they like, even if they either can't farm the coli or the coli drop rates are frustratingly low (as they appeared to be for this festival).

I think it's more important that people who actually like and want to USE the skins have a way to get all the skins they want, than it is to keep the prices high for those who are just getting them for resale later. After all - the skins are still limited to just the festival. The prices will still eventually go high. So what if it takes a bit longer for them to do so? I sell skins for profit sometimes, and I still wouldn't mind.

And if keeping prices high somehow is a priority... (why favor the rich...?) then, like for the shadow festival, go ahead and price the skins that are available in both the coli and the marketplace differently from the skins that are only available in the marketplace, but this time, price the coli skins higher instead of lower. Like... 35k as appears to be standard for the marketplace-only skins, and 40 or 45k for the skins that are also available in coli. I should think that would do the trick of keeping skin prices up a bit more, while still allowing everyone to get their favorites even if coli is failing them.

Also... and this is a totally separate request from above so please consider them separately, but... would it be at all possible to slightly tweak the coli chest drop rates upward for the next festival?

I get that chests are supposed to be rare, and rightfully so... but I put in probably around 60 hours of coli this past week, in the correct areas where they were available, and STILL only managed 1 Zephyr chest and no Painted chests. I did get more of the other chests... but nearly all of those were on Sunday, and I ground several hours every single day, so something definitely seemed very very skewed somewhere.

Honestly, I got more capes and skin crates and rare familiars (like banded owlcat and trick of the light) from coli this week than festival chests, and it made for a very stressful and frustrating festival for me instead of fun like it should have been. I feel like I put in the time... overtime... and then wasn't 'paid' for most of it. Randomness is one thing, but is roughly 1 chest every 2-3 hours of coli (instead of roughly 1 every 5 hours) too much to ask? Maybe it is, I dunno. But I figured I'd at least ask. Most people don't have that much time to waste in the coli (truthfully, I didn't either, and gave up a lot of other things to put in that much time, but I was determined... and still didn't get my goal) so it would be kind to make their time pay off a little better.

I'm sorry if it sounds like complaining. Overall the skins were beautiful, the items (especially the sprite) were great, and the coli and site generally ran wonderfully. Things are improving all the time and it's thanks to the efforts of all the coders and staff. I just think that these small tweaks I've mentioned would make future festivals even better and more fun for everyone. ^_^ (and I admit, I would love for them to be in effect for my own element's festival, because if I can't get all the skins for my own element it would be very disheartening indeed.)
Come to the dork side. Do not make me de-story you. Image © Diaktoros
DriftAwayBanner_zpsd03e0e45.jpg tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.png
DNOE36T.png
(water-only links)
[quote name="Undel" date="2014-04-06 05:10:06"]@Edaigoa @Penemuel There were only ever 5 skins available in the marketplace this holiday. There was a typo in the announcement for a few hours, but that is all. You didn't miss anything, and their availability was not changed mid-way through. Apologies for any confusion.[/quote] @Undel Thanks for that clarification. However, the problem is, I read when it went live (including the initial posting where it linked to the Shadow announcement in full, instead of the Wind one) and assumed it was correct. There was no reason for me to go back and re-read after the first posting. There was no separate error/correction notice later that would alert people to the change. And between farming as much as I could (I can't farm in the Arena - I last two battles; not even long enough to build up any Eliminate), refreshing in the MP in hopes of the last few appearing at some point (because I assumed I could eventually pick them up there), and spending EVERY round (at 20th level) digging in Wind, I never got a single chest. The prices for those last 2 in the AH are obscene, and I can't think of another holiday that had this drastic a disparity in chest distribution. Put all of that together, and I'm extremely disappointed this go around, and hope it will be corrected for the next holiday.
Undel wrote on 2014-04-06 05:10:06:

@Undel Thanks for that clarification. However, the problem is, I read when it went live (including the initial posting where it linked to the Shadow announcement in full, instead of the Wind one) and assumed it was correct. There was no reason for me to go back and re-read after the first posting. There was no separate error/correction notice later that would alert people to the change.

And between farming as much as I could (I can't farm in the Arena - I last two battles; not even long enough to build up any Eliminate), refreshing in the MP in hopes of the last few appearing at some point (because I assumed I could eventually pick them up there), and spending EVERY round (at 20th level) digging in Wind, I never got a single chest. The prices for those last 2 in the AH are obscene, and I can't think of another holiday that had this drastic a disparity in chest distribution.

Put all of that together, and I'm extremely disappointed this go around, and hope it will be corrected for the next holiday.
Pretty disappointed that I spent a lot of time grinding and digging during the fest to only come away empty handed. It's not really fun in my opinion. :/
Pretty disappointed that I spent a lot of time grinding and digging during the fest to only come away empty handed. It's not really fun in my opinion. :/
frsig_zpse71968c2.png
Art Shop/Tumblr/Website/Deviantart
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26