Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Words on the Wind, Vol 3
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
@ronnster Aww, thanks! I do love the snakes. :3
@ronnster Aww, thanks! I do love the snakes. :3
I must protest...we in Lightning do not officially have Spreadsheets of Doom. They are merely Spreadsheets of Wanton Mass Destruction...there's a difference. *Nods*
I must protest...we in Lightning do not officially have Spreadsheets of Doom. They are merely Spreadsheets of Wanton Mass Destruction...there's a difference. *Nods*
Demons run when a good man goes to war. Night will fall and drown the sun
when a good man goes to war. Friendship dies and true love lies, night will fall and the dark will rise when a good man goes to war. Demons run, but count the cost, the battle's won, but the child is lost when a good man goes to war.
:c The new game keeps crashing my browser.
:c The new game keeps crashing my browser.
Regarding exalting, could we please have the images of the dragons that were exalted as hatchlings update to adults when it's been long enough? As it is now, when you visit the page of a dragon exalted as a hatchling, you still see a hatchling. Fixing this would go MILES towards making it feel more like an honour and less like a headstone. [quote name="ShiningKestral" date="2014-03-25 21:31:42"]The registration window is fine and dandy, but I would really rather much prefer you fix the workings of the site before opening up registration. The problem isn't we don't have enough players, the problem is that we can't [i]keep[/i] them. With buggy lairs/coliseum, lag, an economy that crashed so hard you can't even call it an economy anymore and a general lack of things to do on the site, it's really hard for me to see opening registration as a good move. With the site how it is now, newbies will just play for a day then leave out of boredom when they realize they can't sell their hatchlings (and most, if not all of the ones they do sell will just get exalted) and that they can buy almost any dragon they want with 10 minutes of fairgrounds games they'll wonder why they should stay at all. I know I am just one user out of thousands, but I would like to suggest on please working on making the site sustainable before thinking about getting new users. How long have we been waiting for crafting and adventuring to come out now? Just rolling out one of those two promised features would improve the site's playability a huge ton by taking focus off acquiring/geneing/breeding/selling dragons which is borked beyond comprehension. At this point, FR still feels very much like it's in a beta phase and has more or less been in this one spot for months. I have lots of friends who used to log on every day on FR, but they have one by one left and it's all for the same two reasons: 1. the site's functionality, and 2. boredom from the broken economy and lack of things to do aside from breed dragons. I still love this site, but it's hard for me to come up with reasons for why other people should join other than "Um...you can breed your dragons for the fun of seeing what you get?" and the novelty of that will wear out quickly.[/quote] All of the above. I keep seeing these unbelievably optimistic "hopefully the new players will improve the economy! OuO " posts in this thread and it's silly. It's the same hope every time and it never solves anything or even changes things for long. Like ShiningKestral said, the problem isn't getting new players, it's[i] keeping[/i] them, and the other problem is that the way the gameplay is designed right now, there are mechanisms in place that [i]guarantee[/i] the rapid devaluation of anything new and shiny that's been introduced. The only thing to do on the site right now is to either be the shark who rides the wave and exploits new features for profit, which is a valid gameplay style but a) not appealing to everyone and b) something only a few would be able to do by its very nature, or... just breed idly for personal satisfaction, with the knowledge that nobody will want your dragons no matter how pretty they are, and that there is literally no reason to gene or breed-change a dragon except for aesthetics, which also gets old after a while. I'm sitting on half a million treasure and I can't even be bothered to buy anything because honestly, what's the point? Whether the Exaltation and Coliseum overhauls will help remains to be seen, but for as long as dragons all exalt for the same price, there's a force that is *driving* all dragons to eventually become the same price and it's a total bummer. I appreciate the effort that goes into the game and these updates, but it's hard to get excited when one of the main problems (in my eyes, and the eyes of many users including friends who got me into the game who've long since given up on it and left) still remains unaddressed.
Regarding exalting, could we please have the images of the dragons that were exalted as hatchlings update to adults when it's been long enough? As it is now, when you visit the page of a dragon exalted as a hatchling, you still see a hatchling. Fixing this would go MILES towards making it feel more like an honour and less like a headstone.

ShiningKestral wrote on 2014-03-25 21:31:42:
The registration window is fine and dandy, but I would really rather much prefer you fix the workings of the site before opening up registration. The problem isn't we don't have enough players, the problem is that we can't keep them.

With buggy lairs/coliseum, lag, an economy that crashed so hard you can't even call it an economy anymore and a general lack of things to do on the site, it's really hard for me to see opening registration as a good move. With the site how it is now, newbies will just play for a day then leave out of boredom when they realize they can't sell their hatchlings (and most, if not all of the ones they do sell will just get exalted) and that they can buy almost any dragon they want with 10 minutes of fairgrounds games they'll wonder why they should stay at all.

I know I am just one user out of thousands, but I would like to suggest on please working on making the site sustainable before thinking about getting new users. How long have we been waiting for crafting and adventuring to come out now? Just rolling out one of those two promised features would improve the site's playability a huge ton by taking focus off acquiring/geneing/breeding/selling dragons which is borked beyond comprehension. At this point, FR still feels very much like it's in a beta phase and has more or less been in this one spot for months. I have lots of friends who used to log on every day on FR, but they have one by one left and it's all for the same two reasons: 1. the site's functionality, and 2. boredom from the broken economy and lack of things to do aside from breed dragons.

I still love this site, but it's hard for me to come up with reasons for why other people should join other than "Um...you can breed your dragons for the fun of seeing what you get?" and the novelty of that will wear out quickly.

All of the above. I keep seeing these unbelievably optimistic "hopefully the new players will improve the economy! OuO " posts in this thread and it's silly. It's the same hope every time and it never solves anything or even changes things for long. Like ShiningKestral said, the problem isn't getting new players, it's keeping them, and the other problem is that the way the gameplay is designed right now, there are mechanisms in place that guarantee the rapid devaluation of anything new and shiny that's been introduced. The only thing to do on the site right now is to either be the shark who rides the wave and exploits new features for profit, which is a valid gameplay style but a) not appealing to everyone and b) something only a few would be able to do by its very nature, or... just breed idly for personal satisfaction, with the knowledge that nobody will want your dragons no matter how pretty they are, and that there is literally no reason to gene or breed-change a dragon except for aesthetics, which also gets old after a while. I'm sitting on half a million treasure and I can't even be bothered to buy anything because honestly, what's the point?

Whether the Exaltation and Coliseum overhauls will help remains to be seen, but for as long as dragons all exalt for the same price, there's a force that is *driving* all dragons to eventually become the same price and it's a total bummer. I appreciate the effort that goes into the game and these updates, but it's hard to get excited when one of the main problems (in my eyes, and the eyes of many users including friends who got me into the game who've long since given up on it and left) still remains unaddressed.
akSqI.gif DXtYy.gif lDUIA.gif sNACO.gif
"Unrestricted Hatchling Previews" I am SO EXCITED about this!
"Unrestricted Hatchling Previews" I am SO EXCITED about this!
vHRCBc.gif
Woohoo!!
  • Inbreeding Checker
  • Gene/Breed/Color Previews

I am -TOTALLY- Looking forward to these additions! They will really help out the community! Please do this~ Yis, Yiiis *v*
Woohoo!!
  • Inbreeding Checker
  • Gene/Breed/Color Previews

I am -TOTALLY- Looking forward to these additions! They will really help out the community! Please do this~ Yis, Yiiis *v*
SIGNATURE_zps59481563.png
All of your Candy Needs!
I agree with Kaytara and the others, its one of the many reasons i am a g1 person, it gives me a fight to find the perfect g1 dragon.

However I do understand what is going on, after all you do not have a coder or at least the head coder so there is not much you can do. I personally think *i will be shot by everyone who is wanting in the site* that the site should stay closed for the time being until Akiri comes back and something is added to it.

Heck even putting limits on the price of the dragons would help the economy. like for example.

the starter breeds cannot be priced lower then 30k. and so on. in turn it would help the sells and people would keep the dragons they have for sell to sell for 30k instead of breeding just to level and exalt for 10k or so. it would also be a treasure sink for the active users who buy to exalt.

i had more but it went poof o_o *sigh* mornings suck
I agree with Kaytara and the others, its one of the many reasons i am a g1 person, it gives me a fight to find the perfect g1 dragon.

However I do understand what is going on, after all you do not have a coder or at least the head coder so there is not much you can do. I personally think *i will be shot by everyone who is wanting in the site* that the site should stay closed for the time being until Akiri comes back and something is added to it.

Heck even putting limits on the price of the dragons would help the economy. like for example.

the starter breeds cannot be priced lower then 30k. and so on. in turn it would help the sells and people would keep the dragons they have for sell to sell for 30k instead of breeding just to level and exalt for 10k or so. it would also be a treasure sink for the active users who buy to exalt.

i had more but it went poof o_o *sigh* mornings suck
04_5_orig.png01_3_orig.png02_2_orig.png01_2_orig.png
I was wondering (pure out of curiousity.. It has nothing to do with my undieing impatience for any updates for this site ^^) whether the WotW instalment for April will also be rather towards the end of the month, or whether it will happen more towards the middle this time? c:
I was wondering (pure out of curiousity.. It has nothing to do with my undieing impatience for any updates for this site ^^) whether the WotW instalment for April will also be rather towards the end of the month, or whether it will happen more towards the middle this time? c:
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21