Adoptables
Create, adopt, or show off your adoptables.
TOPIC | REMNANTS Adoptables: [Open!] [Live!]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 101 102
[center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/1ec6/f/2018/323/3/0/remnants_logo_by_dembai-dcpi1og.png[/img][/center] [center][b] [b]WANT TO WATCH ME DRAW THESE LIVE?[/b] [url=http://www.twitch.tv/dembai]CLICK HERE TO SEE MY STREAM![/url] (Status: [b]ONLINE[/b]!)[/b] Twitter: @RemnantsPets[/center] [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/bb88/f/2018/323/1/b/splashomgwtf_by_dembai-dcsdipl.png[/img][/center] [b][size=150]Welcome to Remnants! [/size][/b] [i]Not long ago a group of students got together to do research on an Ancient Device. They knew that it could sort and store all sorts of elemental magic, but when they finally got it working again, they discovered that it didn't just STORE elemental magic...it summoned beings made of those elements![/i] Those beings are called [u]Remnants[/u]! Remnants are sentient living elementals who are composed of whatever energy summoned them! While obvious elements, like Fire, Water, Air and Earth are available (PRIME elements), any inanimate object/abstract idea/concept has the ability to be turned into a Remnant provided you can give enough examples of that energy to the Ancient Device. Likewise, all Remnants can "breed". By combining their energies, they can summon forth more Remnants that are a fusion of the two parents. Thus a Fire/Earth Pairing may bring forth a Lava or Volcano or Coal Remnant. And while there is only one Remnant per element, you don't need to wait for breeding cooldowns or other players to agree to a breeding. For a reduced quantity of outcomes, you can use the Ancient Device's "stored" Energy to combine with your Remnant! [i]POST HERE if you want to be added to the pinglist![/i] **** LATEST ART! Newly summoned! [img]https://i.imgur.com/fhnz9dP.png[/img] Refined! [img]https://i.imgur.com/omQkqLY.png[/img] Aeon (final) form! [img]https://i.imgur.com/kymZg9i.png[/img] **** [b]RULES:[/b] 1. ONLY ONE PRIME REMNANT PER OWNER. 2. (Temporary until completed) Air, Fire, Water and Earth (the first four primes) are/were required to give up their first offspring in order to spread the pets around. If someone tries to get CLEVER about this (say by refusing to EVER breed or creating drama with other owners), they will end up forfeiting their Prime, instead. It's really, REALLY not that big of a deal unless you make it one. (Complete: Air/Fire/Water, Incomplete: Earth) 3. After the Temporary rule above is fulfilled, a single owner may have a maximum of three FREE NON-PRIME Remnants (These may be offspring or event Non-Primes). 4. You may have as many PAID NON-PRIME Remnants as you like. (note: they must be purchased through the store on DA, quantities are limited to keep things sane) 5. Please be polite. Because there are contests/raffles/etc to win, you may not win for a while. There is a pinglist to be notified of contests, raffles and giveaways, just ask to be added! 6. Don't sell these characters if you WON THEM. Please. I am poor as heck, and I know the agony of wanting a pet that you can't afford. That's why I made the Primes/breeding free. If you want to resell one you purchased (for real money), please don't sell them for more than you paid (please), be upfront that the design is MINE and remains MINE, and please redirect them here. 7. Don't break any Flight Rising rules. That means if you're going to RP, mind the RP rules. Also, please RP in the RP forum. Not here. XD Also, don't post any fan art that breaks the rules. 8. Don't use the pinglist. You don't HAVE to ping me, but I don't mind it. 9. I reserve the right to reassign Remnants if someone causes a huge pile of drama in the store. I don't want to have to do that, so just...don't? Likewise, if your PRIME Remnant is inactive for a full year (ie: you never breed it, you're never around, you disappear, etc) it will be reassigned to an owner who is active. You've been warned. (Non-Primes will not be reassigned for absence, but may be reassigned if you are asked to leave) 10. All art and design elements belong to Dembai, regardless of if they are purchased or won. The rights to these images and designs are not for sale. Characterizations, storylines, RP and other written elements that assign a personality to the character belong to its player. *** RP FORUM LINKS (Owners only!) - run by the FABULOUS MercurialWings [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2746444]RP Registry[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2746444]General RP[/url]
remnants_logo_by_dembai-dcpi1og.png

WANT TO WATCH ME DRAW THESE LIVE?
CLICK HERE TO SEE MY STREAM! (Status: ONLINE!)

Twitter: @RemnantsPets

splashomgwtf_by_dembai-dcsdipl.png

Welcome to Remnants!

Not long ago a group of students got together to do research on an Ancient Device. They knew that it could sort and store all sorts of elemental magic, but when they finally got it working again, they discovered that it didn't just STORE elemental magic...it summoned beings made of those elements!

Those beings are called Remnants! Remnants are sentient living elementals who are composed of whatever energy summoned them!

While obvious elements, like Fire, Water, Air and Earth are available (PRIME elements), any inanimate object/abstract idea/concept has the ability to be turned into a Remnant provided you can give enough examples of that energy to the Ancient Device.

Likewise, all Remnants can "breed". By combining their energies, they can summon forth more Remnants that are a fusion of the two parents. Thus a Fire/Earth Pairing may bring forth a Lava or Volcano or Coal Remnant.

And while there is only one Remnant per element, you don't need to wait for breeding cooldowns or other players to agree to a breeding. For a reduced quantity of outcomes, you can use the Ancient Device's "stored" Energy to combine with your Remnant!

POST HERE if you want to be added to the pinglist!

LATEST ART!

Newly summoned!

fhnz9dP.png

Refined!

omQkqLY.png

Aeon (final) form!

kymZg9i.png

RULES:

1. ONLY ONE PRIME REMNANT PER OWNER.

2. (Temporary until completed) Air, Fire, Water and Earth (the first four primes) are/were required to give up their first offspring in order to spread the pets around. If someone tries to get CLEVER about this (say by refusing to EVER breed or creating drama with other owners), they will end up forfeiting their Prime, instead. It's really, REALLY not that big of a deal unless you make it one. (Complete: Air/Fire/Water, Incomplete: Earth)

3. After the Temporary rule above is fulfilled, a single owner may have a maximum of three FREE NON-PRIME Remnants (These may be offspring or event Non-Primes).

4. You may have as many PAID NON-PRIME Remnants as you like. (note: they must be purchased through the store on DA, quantities are limited to keep things sane)

5. Please be polite. Because there are contests/raffles/etc to win, you may not win for a while. There is a pinglist to be notified of contests, raffles and giveaways, just ask to be added!

6. Don't sell these characters if you WON THEM. Please. I am poor as heck, and I know the agony of wanting a pet that you can't afford. That's why I made the Primes/breeding free. If you want to resell one you purchased (for real money), please don't sell them for more than you paid (please), be upfront that the design is MINE and remains MINE, and please redirect them here.

7. Don't break any Flight Rising rules. That means if you're going to RP, mind the RP rules. Also, please RP in the RP forum. Not here. XD Also, don't post any fan art that breaks the rules.

8. Don't use the pinglist. You don't HAVE to ping me, but I don't mind it.

9. I reserve the right to reassign Remnants if someone causes a huge pile of drama in the store. I don't want to have to do that, so just...don't? Likewise, if your PRIME Remnant is inactive for a full year (ie: you never breed it, you're never around, you disappear, etc) it will be reassigned to an owner who is active. You've been warned. (Non-Primes will not be reassigned for absence, but may be reassigned if you are asked to leave)

10. All art and design elements belong to Dembai, regardless of if they are purchased or won. The rights to these images and designs are not for sale. Characterizations, storylines, RP and other written elements that assign a personality to the character belong to its player.

RP FORUM LINKS (Owners only!) - run by the FABULOUS MercurialWings

RP Registry General RP

[b]HOW DO I GET?! I WANT![/b] [LIST] [*]participating in an event (usually raffles or contests), which are held by Dembai on a regular basis [*]wait to be given one by an owner - we've had people donate children back to the shop and even request to rehome one they've previously owned [*]purchase a Drop/Bottle of Quintessence when the shop store restocks. These allow you to do a custom request, but it is an USD purchase. [/LIST] Ask to be added to the Pinglist so you always know when contests happen! [b][size=150]PRICING![/size][/b] [b]1. Prime Remnants are almost always free.[/b] (The only time they would NOT be free is if they represent something from the site, and then they may possibly be purchased via auction - there's no current plans for this, however) Prime Remnants are obvious elements that have a LOT of power. Fire, Earth, Air and Water are good examples. Future Prime Remnants (that can only be won through contests and CANNOT result from breedings) Life Value Energy Sound Size Change Technology Activity [i]This is by no means an exhaustive list - it's just to give you an idea. Prime are "big generic ideas" where non-prime are "more specific ideas".[/i] [b]2. Breeding is free for owners! [/b]You will always get as many offspring as Remnants who are in the breeding (max: 3). [b]3. You will always get the first and second form for free![/b] [b]4. You will always get a "sig worthy" version of the first version of your Remnant for free.[/b] Because they're pretty big and the card has a lot of data, I have no problem making a sig version of your Remnant for you. I'd also love it if you would link back to the store. *** [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/def1/f/2018/316/8/0/itemsgrouptitle_by_dembai-dcrt7z0.png[/img][/center] [size=150]OPTIONAL ITEMS: These can be purchased off site when available, or won in games/contests![/size] [b]Philosopher's Stone:[/b] Grow your Remnant into their final "Aeon" Form! (includes breeding CD reduction, higher chance to pass on traits, and awesome new art that you can dictate a number of improved traits to be added on/outfit choice, etc) [b]Bottle of Quintessence:[/b] Commission item - get a non-prime Remnant of your choosing! [b]Drop of Quintessence:[/b] Commission item - get a single pet from a "stores-only" breeding! [b]Bottle of Ether:[/b] For each Bottle Used, you will get an extra offspring in a breeding, including for "Drop of Quintessence" breedings! [b]Catalyst:[/b] For each Catalyst used, you get an autopass on a desired trait from a parent! [b]Alkahest:[/b] Two-fold Item - Can either be used to instantly refine your Remnant (gain its second form) OR to remove its breeding CD for the current cycle. (in RL terms, this would make me drop my current activity and age/allow a breeding to jump to the top of the list) [b]INTERESTED IN BUYING ONE OF THESE ITEMS?[/b] [url=https://www.deviantart.com/dembai/journal/REMNANTS-Item-Store-774298785]Check out the Offsite Store here![/url] (You will need Paypal or a Credit Card!) NOTE: THERE ARE LIMITED AMOUNTS OF DROPS/BOTTLES OF QUINTESSENCE/AEON STONES. Get them while you can!
HOW DO I GET?! I WANT!
  • participating in an event (usually raffles or contests), which are held by Dembai on a regular basis
  • wait to be given one by an owner - we've had people donate children back to the shop and even request to rehome one they've previously owned
  • purchase a Drop/Bottle of Quintessence when the shop store restocks. These allow you to do a custom request, but it is an USD purchase.

Ask to be added to the Pinglist so you always know when contests happen!

PRICING!

1. Prime Remnants are almost always free. (The only time they would NOT be free is if they represent something from the site, and then they may possibly be purchased via auction - there's no current plans for this, however)

Prime Remnants are obvious elements that have a LOT of power. Fire, Earth, Air and Water are good examples.

Future Prime Remnants (that can only be won through contests and CANNOT result from breedings)

Life
Value
Energy
Sound
Size
Change
Technology
Activity

This is by no means an exhaustive list - it's just to give you an idea. Prime are "big generic ideas" where non-prime are "more specific ideas".

2. Breeding is free for owners! You will always get as many offspring as Remnants who are in the breeding (max: 3).

3. You will always get the first and second form for free!

4. You will always get a "sig worthy" version of the first version of your Remnant for free. Because they're pretty big and the card has a lot of data, I have no problem making a sig version of your Remnant for you. I'd also love it if you would link back to the store.

itemsgrouptitle_by_dembai-dcrt7z0.png

OPTIONAL ITEMS: These can be purchased off site when available, or won in games/contests!

Philosopher's Stone: Grow your Remnant into their final "Aeon" Form! (includes breeding CD reduction, higher chance to pass on traits, and awesome new art that you can dictate a number of improved traits to be added on/outfit choice, etc)
Bottle of Quintessence: Commission item - get a non-prime Remnant of your choosing!
Drop of Quintessence: Commission item - get a single pet from a "stores-only" breeding!
Bottle of Ether: For each Bottle Used, you will get an extra offspring in a breeding, including for "Drop of Quintessence" breedings!
Catalyst: For each Catalyst used, you get an autopass on a desired trait from a parent!
Alkahest: Two-fold Item - Can either be used to instantly refine your Remnant (gain its second form) OR to remove its breeding CD for the current cycle. (in RL terms, this would make me drop my current activity and age/allow a breeding to jump to the top of the list)

INTERESTED IN BUYING ONE OF THESE ITEMS?

Check out the Offsite Store here! (You will need Paypal or a Credit Card!)

NOTE: THERE ARE LIMITED AMOUNTS OF DROPS/BOTTLES OF QUINTESSENCE/AEON STONES. Get them while you can!
OWNERS LIST

Remnants:

PRIMES:

AIR: Rhodandthe : LunarParadox (Second Form) (First Form)
FIRE: Flara: CrystalPeacock (First Form)
EARTH: Solum: Hiame (First Form)
WATER: Zabi: (no current owner) (First Form)
LIGHT: Mana: embyrs (First Form)
DARK: Nox: QuietlyAlice (First Form)
VOID: Flux: Galehaut (First Form)
TIME: Aeternum: Relics (First Form)
FANTASY: My'lock: DetectivePopcorn (First Form)

NON-PRIMES:

YULE: Illex: Nettletea (First Form)
PHOENIX: Aristeia Caeli: mercurialwings (Second Form)(First Form)
HOWL: Naimanzuunnadintsetseg: Kveldulfr (First Form)
MIRAGE: Wildflower: Watercolour (First Form)
HEAT: Arawa: WishUponADragon (First Form)
SMOKE: Morewenna: Schiemoon (First Form)
TRENCH: Zedabeiss: GrinningWolf24 (First Form)
SWAMP: Liriope: Galehaut (First Form)
NIGHT: Asteria: lunarparadox (First Form)
KRAMPUS: Drevan: RaenHale (First Form)
YULECAT: Olaf: GaijinIxchel (First Form)
PERCHTA: Perahta: BottledLightning (First Form)
SONOLUMINESCENSE: Pavo: Angel614 (First Form)
CANDLE: Wick: CrystalPeacock (First Form)
ALKALI METAL: Rocker: BottledLightning (First Form)
ULTRAVIOLET: Mainyu: Strumflux (First Form)
INFRARED: Mazda: mercurialwings (First Form)
WAIL: shiloh: JadeTiger7477 (First form)
SIREN: Damian: Kveldulfr (First Form)
WRITTEN WORD: Quell: DetectivePopcorn (First Form)
STARLIGHT: Lord: embyrs
AURORA: North: LunarParadox
KELPIE: Jument: Sellefane
HAG: Chip Endofighter
TEMPTATION: Dahlia: Kveldulfr
SEDUCTION: Vladimir: Sturmflux
MUSIC: Mousetro Bojangles: BottledLightning
NEON: Synthe: Dembai
HYPNOPOMP: Reverie RaenHale
FATA MORGANA: BluestarWatercolour

BREEDING WAIT LIST

TIME/PHOENIX
SMOKE/ALKALI METALS
DARK/WATER
DARK/FIRE/TIME
VOID/FANTASY
AIR/YULE
TRENCH/WRITTEN WORD

PAST BREEDINGS

KRAMPUS/MIRAGE
NIGHT/ULTRAVIOLET (drop)
PERCHTA/SWAMP
NIGHT/LIGHT
AIR/HOWL
DARK/YULE
AIR/FIRE
DARK/WATER/EARTH (drop)
DARK/AIR (drop)
FIRE/WATER/LIGHT
LIGHT/DARK/HEAT (Drop)

GROWTH WAIT LIST

Starlight
Aurora
Kelpie
Hag
Temptation
Seduction
Music
Neon
Hypnopomp
Fata Morgana

BREEDING COOLDOWNS (starts at the "birth" of the last offspring)

HOWL: Oct 23, 2019
NIGHT: Nov 2, 2019
LIGHT: Nov 2, 2019
PERCHTA: Nov 28, 2019
SWAMP: Nov 28, 2019
KRAMPUS: Jan 3, 2020
MIRAGE: Jan 3, 2020
TIME: TBA
PHOENIX: TBA
DARK: TBA
WATER: TBA
FIRE: TBA
VOID: TBA
FANTASY: TBA
AIR: TBA
YULE: TBA
TRENCH: TBA
WRITTEN WORD: TBA

BREEDING RESTRICTIONS

ALREADY BRED: (can be overcome with Drop of Quintessence)

Air/Fire
Dark/Yule
Fire/Water/Light
Air/Howl
Night/Light
Swamp/Perchta
Water/Dark
Dark/Fire/Time
Fantasy/Void
Air/Yule
Trench/Written Word
Krampus/Mirage

CLOSE RELATIONS: (cannot be overcome)

Remnant: Parents + Offspring + Close-bred Grandchildren/Siblings

Fire: Phoenix/Heat/Mirage/Smoke/Sonoluminescence/Candle/Alkali Metal
Air: Heat/Mirage/Smoke/Night/Wail/Siren
Light: Phoenix/Sonoluminescence/Candle/Alkali Metal/Ultraviolet/Infrared/Starlight/Aurora
Earth: Trench/Swamp
Water: Trench/Swamp/Sonoluminescence/Candle/Alkali Metal
Dark: Trench/Swamp/Night/Yulecat/Krampus/Perchta/Ultraviolet/Infrared/Kelpie/Hag/Neon
Yule: Yulecat/Krampus/Perchta/Time/Fantasy
Howl: Wail/Siren
Time: Yule
Fantasy: Phoenix/Yule
Void: Yule

Heat: Fire/Air/Ultraviolet/Infrared Mirage/Smoke
Mirage: Fire/Air/Fata Morgana/Hypnopomp Heat/Smoke
Smoke: Fire/Air /Mirage/Heat

Phoenix: Fire/Fantasy/Light Heat/Mirage/Smoke/Sonoluminescence/Candle/Alkali Metal

Swamp: Dark/Water/Earth/Kelpie/Hag Trench
Trench: Dark/Water/Earth Swamp

Night: Dark/Air/Starlight/Aurora/Neon

Yulecat: Dark/Yule Krampus/Perchta
Krampus: Dark/Yule/Hypnopomp/Fata Morgana Yulecat/Perchta
Perchta: Dark/Yule/Kelpie/Hag Yulecat/Krampus

Sonoluminescence: Fire/Light/Water Candle/Alkali Metal/Phoenix
Candle: Fire/Light/Water Sonoluminescence/Alkali Metal/Phoenix
Alkali Metal: Fire/Light/Water Sonoluminescence/Candle/Phoenix

Ultraviolet: Dark/Light/Heat/Neon Infrared
Infrared: Dark/Light/Heat Ultraviolet

Wail: Air/Howl Siren
Siren: Air/Howl Wail

Aurora: Night/Light Starlight
Starlight: Night/Light Aurora

Kelpie: Perchta/Swamp/Dark Hag
Hag: Perchta/Swamp/Dark Kelpie

Hypnopomp: Krampus/Mirage Fata Morgana
Fata Morgana: Krampus/Mirage Hypnopomp
OWNERS LIST

Remnants:

PRIMES:

AIR: Rhodandthe : LunarParadox (Second Form) (First Form)
FIRE: Flara: CrystalPeacock (First Form)
EARTH: Solum: Hiame (First Form)
WATER: Zabi: (no current owner) (First Form)
LIGHT: Mana: embyrs (First Form)
DARK: Nox: QuietlyAlice (First Form)
VOID: Flux: Galehaut (First Form)
TIME: Aeternum: Relics (First Form)
FANTASY: My'lock: DetectivePopcorn (First Form)

NON-PRIMES:

YULE: Illex: Nettletea (First Form)
PHOENIX: Aristeia Caeli: mercurialwings (Second Form)(First Form)
HOWL: Naimanzuunnadintsetseg: Kveldulfr (First Form)
MIRAGE: Wildflower: Watercolour (First Form)
HEAT: Arawa: WishUponADragon (First Form)
SMOKE: Morewenna: Schiemoon (First Form)
TRENCH: Zedabeiss: GrinningWolf24 (First Form)
SWAMP: Liriope: Galehaut (First Form)
NIGHT: Asteria: lunarparadox (First Form)
KRAMPUS: Drevan: RaenHale (First Form)
YULECAT: Olaf: GaijinIxchel (First Form)
PERCHTA: Perahta: BottledLightning (First Form)
SONOLUMINESCENSE: Pavo: Angel614 (First Form)
CANDLE: Wick: CrystalPeacock (First Form)
ALKALI METAL: Rocker: BottledLightning (First Form)
ULTRAVIOLET: Mainyu: Strumflux (First Form)
INFRARED: Mazda: mercurialwings (First Form)
WAIL: shiloh: JadeTiger7477 (First form)
SIREN: Damian: Kveldulfr (First Form)
WRITTEN WORD: Quell: DetectivePopcorn (First Form)
STARLIGHT: Lord: embyrs
AURORA: North: LunarParadox
KELPIE: Jument: Sellefane
HAG: Chip Endofighter
TEMPTATION: Dahlia: Kveldulfr
SEDUCTION: Vladimir: Sturmflux
MUSIC: Mousetro Bojangles: BottledLightning
NEON: Synthe: Dembai
HYPNOPOMP: Reverie RaenHale
FATA MORGANA: BluestarWatercolour

BREEDING WAIT LIST

TIME/PHOENIX
SMOKE/ALKALI METALS
DARK/WATER
DARK/FIRE/TIME
VOID/FANTASY
AIR/YULE
TRENCH/WRITTEN WORD

PAST BREEDINGS

KRAMPUS/MIRAGE
NIGHT/ULTRAVIOLET (drop)
PERCHTA/SWAMP
NIGHT/LIGHT
AIR/HOWL
DARK/YULE
AIR/FIRE
DARK/WATER/EARTH (drop)
DARK/AIR (drop)
FIRE/WATER/LIGHT
LIGHT/DARK/HEAT (Drop)

GROWTH WAIT LIST

Starlight
Aurora
Kelpie
Hag
Temptation
Seduction
Music
Neon
Hypnopomp
Fata Morgana

BREEDING COOLDOWNS (starts at the "birth" of the last offspring)

HOWL: Oct 23, 2019
NIGHT: Nov 2, 2019
LIGHT: Nov 2, 2019
PERCHTA: Nov 28, 2019
SWAMP: Nov 28, 2019
KRAMPUS: Jan 3, 2020
MIRAGE: Jan 3, 2020
TIME: TBA
PHOENIX: TBA
DARK: TBA
WATER: TBA
FIRE: TBA
VOID: TBA
FANTASY: TBA
AIR: TBA
YULE: TBA
TRENCH: TBA
WRITTEN WORD: TBA

BREEDING RESTRICTIONS

ALREADY BRED: (can be overcome with Drop of Quintessence)

Air/Fire
Dark/Yule
Fire/Water/Light
Air/Howl
Night/Light
Swamp/Perchta
Water/Dark
Dark/Fire/Time
Fantasy/Void
Air/Yule
Trench/Written Word
Krampus/Mirage

CLOSE RELATIONS: (cannot be overcome)

Remnant: Parents + Offspring + Close-bred Grandchildren/Siblings

Fire: Phoenix/Heat/Mirage/Smoke/Sonoluminescence/Candle/Alkali Metal
Air: Heat/Mirage/Smoke/Night/Wail/Siren
Light: Phoenix/Sonoluminescence/Candle/Alkali Metal/Ultraviolet/Infrared/Starlight/Aurora
Earth: Trench/Swamp
Water: Trench/Swamp/Sonoluminescence/Candle/Alkali Metal
Dark: Trench/Swamp/Night/Yulecat/Krampus/Perchta/Ultraviolet/Infrared/Kelpie/Hag/Neon
Yule: Yulecat/Krampus/Perchta/Time/Fantasy
Howl: Wail/Siren
Time: Yule
Fantasy: Phoenix/Yule
Void: Yule

Heat: Fire/Air/Ultraviolet/Infrared Mirage/Smoke
Mirage: Fire/Air/Fata Morgana/Hypnopomp Heat/Smoke
Smoke: Fire/Air /Mirage/Heat

Phoenix: Fire/Fantasy/Light Heat/Mirage/Smoke/Sonoluminescence/Candle/Alkali Metal

Swamp: Dark/Water/Earth/Kelpie/Hag Trench
Trench: Dark/Water/Earth Swamp

Night: Dark/Air/Starlight/Aurora/Neon

Yulecat: Dark/Yule Krampus/Perchta
Krampus: Dark/Yule/Hypnopomp/Fata Morgana Yulecat/Perchta
Perchta: Dark/Yule/Kelpie/Hag Yulecat/Krampus

Sonoluminescence: Fire/Light/Water Candle/Alkali Metal/Phoenix
Candle: Fire/Light/Water Sonoluminescence/Alkali Metal/Phoenix
Alkali Metal: Fire/Light/Water Sonoluminescence/Candle/Phoenix

Ultraviolet: Dark/Light/Heat/Neon Infrared
Infrared: Dark/Light/Heat Ultraviolet

Wail: Air/Howl Siren
Siren: Air/Howl Wail

Aurora: Night/Light Starlight
Starlight: Night/Light Aurora

Kelpie: Perchta/Swamp/Dark Hag
Hag: Perchta/Swamp/Dark Kelpie

Hypnopomp: Krampus/Mirage Fata Morgana
Fata Morgana: Krampus/Mirage Hypnopomp
[b][size=200]BREEDING[/size][/b] Breeding can happen one of three ways. (YES! THREE!) [b]1. 2 to 3 elements directly from owned pets.[/b] [u]PROS[/u]: Always free! Always as many babies as owners guaranteed (PLUS ONE if all their parents are Primes)! Much better chances of traits from parents coming through a breeding. Good chance of Unique traits (not related to parents) showing up! [u]CONS[/u]: 3 month breeding cooldown. Single chance for a breed for each unique combination of 2-3 elements. Lockouts will be noted and will be retained, even if the owners change. [b]2. Some combo of 2 to 3 elements from either pets or "Stores" from the Ancient Device[/b] [u]PROS[/u]: Always free! Always as many babies as owners guaranteed! Some chance of the "false" parents traits will come through, better chance the that "true" parent's traits will come through. Great chance that UNIQUE traits will occur. Can avoid the breeding cooldowns of other pets. [u]CONS[/u]: This still activates their 3 month breeding cooldown. Lowered chance of parental traits showing up than if it had been pets only. Can still only breed to each element in combination a SINGLE TIME. Yes, this means that getting greedy about your breeding can lock you out of a better breeding situation if you had waited. [b]3. 2 to 3 elements that are ONLY from the Ancient Device's "Stores"[/b] [u]PROS[/u]: No elemental lockouts! You CAN breed combos that have become locked out from their owners! Parental traits have a very SLIGHT chance of coming through, Unique traits are absolutely guarenteed. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE AN OWNER! [u]CONS[/u]: Requires an item which must either be won or be purchased from the store. Only one Remnant can result without additional aid. *** [b]BREEDING RESTRICTIONS[/b] [i]Note: When Remnants breed, there is NO physical contact. They simply use their magic to summon offspring. There's nothing naughty going on, lol[/i] That being said, it's impossible to breed Remnants that are too closely related and it's also impossible to breed them to the exact same combination of elements soo... ~ Parents cannot breed with their own offspring, or their grand offspring. ~ Direct siblings cannot breed with each other, nor can they breed with their sibling's children. ~ Having one parent in common is fine. Having two or three is not. ~ Each Remnant becomes completely immune to producing offspring with the same partner (without another element being involved). You can avoid this by using a "Drop of Quintessence" item. *** BREEDING FORM (please fill this out and post it on this thread - DO NOT PM) [code] [u][b]Breeding Request![/b][/u] [b]Source 1[/b]: (Remnant: Element) [b]Source 2[/b]: (Remnant/Store: Element) [b]Source 3[/b]: (Remnant/Store: Element or None) [b]Items to be used (and owners)[/b]: Item (owner) [/code] If you're using a Drop of Quintessence, PLEASE PM ME FIRST to chat about your idea. Once we've worked it out, please use this form on the thread: [code] [u][b]Drop Breeding Request![/b][/u] [b]Source 1[/b]: (Store: Element) [b]Source 2[/b]: (Store: Element) [b]Source 3[/b]: (Store: Element or None) [b]Items to be used (and owners)[/b]: Drop of Quintessence (owner), Item (owner) [b]Remnant Desired[/b]: (The one we talked about in PMs, lol) [b]Free Trait[/b]: (You get one free auto-pass OR unique legendary trait) [/code] [i]See the bottom of this page to see breeding cooldowns/available Stores![/i] *** [b][size=150]TRAITS![/size][/b] Traits are unique body structures that can pass from parent to child. They can also be spontaneously produced if you are lucky! Likewise, a parent may hold a variety of genetics they don't SHOW, allowing for their children to have multiple chances at similar traits! There are common, uncommon, rare and legendary traits! Some traits, if both parents have the exact same trait, may pass automatically. [b][u]EXAMPLES OF TRAITS:[/u][/b] [i][b](please note that summoning cards are ALWAYS the authority when it comes to how easily a trait will pass)[/b][/i] [b]Common: 50% chance of passing onto offspring.[/b] Hair length/style, Weight, Figure, Affix Locations (an affix is sort of like "body hair", only it's made of the stuff the Remnant is formed from), Eyes (Pupil Style), Ears (Style, Location), Horns (short - if a parent has very long horns), Teeth (general size/shape/color), Claws (presence) [b]Uncommon: 25% chance of passing onto offspring.[/b] Ears/Eyes (size, location, if unusual), EXTREME Affixes (Extra large structures), Limb/Digit/Claw Length/size, Tail (short), Wings (decorative), Horns (short, if a parent has short horns), Teeth (exposed when mouth is closed, to an inch in length) [b]Rare: 10% chance of passing onto offspring.[/b] Extra Limbs, Fused Legs (forming a "fish tail" of sorts), Tail (long), Extra Eyes/Ears/Mouth, Teeth (over an inch in length/Mandible), Horns (over a foot in length), Wings (Functional), Ethereal body parts, Minor Animal Features (like non-human face/feet) [b]Legendary: 1% chance of passing onto offspring.[/b] Extreme animal features ("Taur" body type, fully animalistic body), Extremely distorted anatomy, Halos/Auras (non-attached glowing body parts) Tail (Prehensile, multiple) *** [b][size=150]USING SOURCES vs USING PETS (rates of traits!)[/size][/b] Each pet has the given percentage to pass on their traits as above, and artists can decide which trait passes (if the traits would otherwise contradict) as they see fit if they both roll positive. (for instance, they roll that the child is "true" for both long and short hair, but looking at the design, short hair fits, so short hair is picked) If only ONE trait is positive, it will always show on some level. If instead, the second/third elements used for traits are a "Source", not a "Pet", the traits are rolled as though they are ONE STEP RARER. Thus if you are using Fire (the pet) and looking at his "Wings (Decorative)" trait, it would be rolled as an uncommon trait and would appear 25% of the time. If you were using Fire (the source) and looking at its "Wings (Decorative)" trait, it would be rolled as a RARE trait instead and only appear 10% of the time. This would mean that a pet that passes on its "Wings (functional)" when it personally breeds with something, would pass that trait on 10% of the time. If someone used that pet's source to breed with, it would only have a 1% chance of spreading that trait to offspring. *** [b][size=150]Unique Traits (and overcoming the odds from breeding!)[/size][/b] Because each element is unique, each Remnant may spontaneously develop traits (that can pass to their own offspring) without their parents/sources having those traits. If any artists beyond Dembai start working at Remnants, rules for these will be more strongly developed. But the basic rule of thumb is as follows: [b]Does it make SENSE?[/b] Artists who may one day do breedings will have to show the results of their rolls for offspring, and explain why it is that a unique trait should be applied to their idea. Provided that the reasoning is sound and the idea works, unique traits can be applied. They may well be a parent's trait that failed to pass, or they could be something completely different. But the whole idea is not to ignore lineage, but to make sure that reasonable traits are applied to each pet. Because some of them may well need unique traits to be expressed. [size=150][b]Example Breeding with Unique Traits[/b][/size] [i](note: there is no guarentee that this breeding will ever happen)[/i] Book (who does not have wings) breeds with Dark (who does have wings). They are due 3 offspring because of items used. The artist thinks about what would make good combinations with the two parents. They pick "Raven", "Occult" and "Secrets". If they fail all the rolls on the offspring that would give even ONE of them wings, they have an option to say to Dembai "Look, I REALLY think "Raven" would work, but I don't have a roll with functional wings. Can I make that a unique trait?" That would very likely be fine. But if all three offspring rolls fail, and they're like "I really think SECRETS could use wings too, right?" The answer would be NO. Ravens have wings. Secrets are not so much required to have wings. [b]Unique traits are ALWAYS handled with respect to the LOGIC of the character, not the whims of the artist.[/b] *** [b]Growths/Refinement[/b] Unlike many other pets, Remnants do not "grow" in a traditional manner. While they are newly summoned, they are considered be "unrefined". [b]While they cannot breed during this time[/b], this is not due to their age - they the VERY ESSENCE of their element, as for as long as that element has existed, SO HAVE THEY. An unrefined Remnant, therefore, is ACCLIMATIZING to their new environment. They also must process away all the impurities they absorbed during their summoning. Otherwise, any attempt at breeding would not bring about another PURE Remnant. (This is likewise the reason for breeding cooldowns - the other elements they were combined with must again be refined away!) There is a purchasable item called Alkahest that will immediately refine your Remnant - either it will gain its second form, or if it already has its second form, will end the breeding cooldown immediately. There is also a third stage, called "Aeon" which is achieved through a different purchasable item (Philosopher's Stone). This is considered to be ultimate form for any Remnant, as they acquire the fullness of their power as the very incarnation of the element they represent. While all Remnants will refine over time, becoming an Aeon is special and unique for each elemental. MANY Remnants will never become Aeons. Aeons may have their traits updated or made more prominent, more easy to pass. Their breeding cooldown is also reduced by a month (was 3, now 2). Their growth pattern looks like this: Newly Summoned --- (time or item) ---> Refined --- (item) ---> Aeon
BREEDING

Breeding can happen one of three ways. (YES! THREE!)

1. 2 to 3 elements directly from owned pets.

PROS: Always free! Always as many babies as owners guaranteed (PLUS ONE if all their parents are Primes)! Much better chances of traits from parents coming through a breeding. Good chance of Unique traits (not related to parents) showing up!

CONS: 3 month breeding cooldown. Single chance for a breed for each unique combination of 2-3 elements. Lockouts will be noted and will be retained, even if the owners change.

2. Some combo of 2 to 3 elements from either pets or "Stores" from the Ancient Device

PROS: Always free! Always as many babies as owners guaranteed! Some chance of the "false" parents traits will come through, better chance the that "true" parent's traits will come through. Great chance that UNIQUE traits will occur. Can avoid the breeding cooldowns of other pets.

CONS: This still activates their 3 month breeding cooldown. Lowered chance of parental traits showing up than if it had been pets only. Can still only breed to each element in combination a SINGLE TIME. Yes, this means that getting greedy about your breeding can lock you out of a better breeding situation if you had waited.

3. 2 to 3 elements that are ONLY from the Ancient Device's "Stores"

PROS: No elemental lockouts! You CAN breed combos that have become locked out from their owners! Parental traits have a very SLIGHT chance of coming through, Unique traits are absolutely guarenteed. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE AN OWNER!

CONS: Requires an item which must either be won or be purchased from the store. Only one Remnant can result without additional aid.

BREEDING RESTRICTIONS

Note: When Remnants breed, there is NO physical contact. They simply use their magic to summon offspring. There's nothing naughty going on, lol

That being said, it's impossible to breed Remnants that are too closely related and it's also impossible to breed them to the exact same combination of elements soo...

~ Parents cannot breed with their own offspring, or their grand offspring.

~ Direct siblings cannot breed with each other, nor can they breed with their sibling's children.

~ Having one parent in common is fine. Having two or three is not.

~ Each Remnant becomes completely immune to producing offspring with the same partner (without another element being involved). You can avoid this by using a "Drop of Quintessence" item.

BREEDING FORM

(please fill this out and post it on this thread - DO NOT PM)
Code:
[u][b]Breeding Request![/b][/u] [b]Source 1[/b]: (Remnant: Element) [b]Source 2[/b]: (Remnant/Store: Element) [b]Source 3[/b]: (Remnant/Store: Element or None) [b]Items to be used (and owners)[/b]: Item (owner)

If you're using a Drop of Quintessence, PLEASE PM ME FIRST to chat about your idea. Once we've worked it out, please use this form on the thread:

Code:
[u][b]Drop Breeding Request![/b][/u] [b]Source 1[/b]: (Store: Element) [b]Source 2[/b]: (Store: Element) [b]Source 3[/b]: (Store: Element or None) [b]Items to be used (and owners)[/b]: Drop of Quintessence (owner), Item (owner) [b]Remnant Desired[/b]: (The one we talked about in PMs, lol) [b]Free Trait[/b]: (You get one free auto-pass OR unique legendary trait)

See the bottom of this page to see breeding cooldowns/available Stores!

TRAITS!

Traits are unique body structures that can pass from parent to child. They can also be spontaneously produced if you are lucky! Likewise, a parent may hold a variety of genetics they don't SHOW, allowing for their children to have multiple chances at similar traits! There are common, uncommon, rare and legendary traits!

Some traits, if both parents have the exact same trait, may pass automatically.

EXAMPLES OF TRAITS:
(please note that summoning cards are ALWAYS the authority when it comes to how easily a trait will pass)

Common: 50% chance of passing onto offspring.

Hair length/style, Weight, Figure, Affix Locations (an affix is sort of like "body hair", only it's made of the stuff the Remnant is formed from), Eyes (Pupil Style), Ears (Style, Location), Horns (short - if a parent has very long horns), Teeth (general size/shape/color), Claws (presence)

Uncommon: 25% chance of passing onto offspring.

Ears/Eyes (size, location, if unusual), EXTREME Affixes (Extra large structures), Limb/Digit/Claw Length/size, Tail (short), Wings (decorative), Horns (short, if a parent has short horns), Teeth (exposed when mouth is closed, to an inch in length)

Rare: 10% chance of passing onto offspring.

Extra Limbs, Fused Legs (forming a "fish tail" of sorts), Tail (long), Extra Eyes/Ears/Mouth, Teeth (over an inch in length/Mandible), Horns (over a foot in length), Wings (Functional), Ethereal body parts, Minor Animal Features (like non-human face/feet)

Legendary: 1% chance of passing onto offspring.

Extreme animal features ("Taur" body type, fully animalistic body), Extremely distorted anatomy, Halos/Auras (non-attached glowing body parts) Tail (Prehensile, multiple)

USING SOURCES vs USING PETS (rates of traits!)

Each pet has the given percentage to pass on their traits as above, and artists can decide which trait passes (if the traits would otherwise contradict) as they see fit if they both roll positive. (for instance, they roll that the child is "true" for both long and short hair, but looking at the design, short hair fits, so short hair is picked) If only ONE trait is positive, it will always show on some level.

If instead, the second/third elements used for traits are a "Source", not a "Pet", the traits are rolled as though they are ONE STEP RARER.

Thus if you are using Fire (the pet) and looking at his "Wings (Decorative)" trait, it would be rolled as an uncommon trait and would appear 25% of the time. If you were using Fire (the source) and looking at its "Wings (Decorative)" trait, it would be rolled as a RARE trait instead and only appear 10% of the time.

This would mean that a pet that passes on its "Wings (functional)" when it personally breeds with something, would pass that trait on 10% of the time. If someone used that pet's source to breed with, it would only have a 1% chance of spreading that trait to offspring.

Unique Traits (and overcoming the odds from breeding!)

Because each element is unique, each Remnant may spontaneously develop traits (that can pass to their own offspring) without their parents/sources having those traits. If any artists beyond Dembai start working at Remnants, rules for these will be more strongly developed.

But the basic rule of thumb is as follows:

Does it make SENSE?

Artists who may one day do breedings will have to show the results of their rolls for offspring, and explain why it is that a unique trait should be applied to their idea. Provided that the reasoning is sound and the idea works, unique traits can be applied. They may well be a parent's trait that failed to pass, or they could be something completely different.

But the whole idea is not to ignore lineage, but to make sure that reasonable traits are applied to each pet. Because some of them may well need unique traits to be expressed.

Example Breeding with Unique Traits

(note: there is no guarentee that this breeding will ever happen)

Book (who does not have wings) breeds with Dark (who does have wings). They are due 3 offspring because of items used.

The artist thinks about what would make good combinations with the two parents. They pick "Raven", "Occult" and "Secrets". If they fail all the rolls on the offspring that would give even ONE of them wings, they have an option to say to Dembai "Look, I REALLY think "Raven" would work, but I don't have a roll with functional wings. Can I make that a unique trait?" That would very likely be fine.

But if all three offspring rolls fail, and they're like "I really think SECRETS could use wings too, right?" The answer would be NO. Ravens have wings. Secrets are not so much required to have wings.

Unique traits are ALWAYS handled with respect to the LOGIC of the character, not the whims of the artist.

Growths/Refinement

Unlike many other pets, Remnants do not "grow" in a traditional manner. While they are newly summoned, they are considered be "unrefined". While they cannot breed during this time, this is not due to their age - they the VERY ESSENCE of their element, as for as long as that element has existed, SO HAVE THEY.

An unrefined Remnant, therefore, is ACCLIMATIZING to their new environment. They also must process away all the impurities they absorbed during their summoning. Otherwise, any attempt at breeding would not bring about another PURE Remnant. (This is likewise the reason for breeding cooldowns - the other elements they were combined with must again be refined away!)

There is a purchasable item called Alkahest that will immediately refine your Remnant - either it will gain its second form, or if it already has its second form, will end the breeding cooldown immediately.

There is also a third stage, called "Aeon" which is achieved through a different purchasable item (Philosopher's Stone). This is considered to be ultimate form for any Remnant, as they acquire the fullness of their power as the very incarnation of the element they represent.

While all Remnants will refine over time, becoming an Aeon is special and unique for each elemental. MANY Remnants will never become Aeons. Aeons may have their traits updated or made more prominent, more easy to pass. Their breeding cooldown is also reduced by a month (was 3, now 2).

Their growth pattern looks like this:

Newly Summoned --- (time or item) ---> Refined --- (item) ---> Aeon
[size=150][b]BACKSTORY[/b][/size] The door before you – you've never seen it before. You look around, wondering why you never noticed it before. You've walked past this place thousands of times. You glance around to see if anyone else has noticed the new door or could explain it. But oddly, you realize you're alone. Even though you know that you shouldn't be. The door beckons. You raise your hand to open it and before you even touch it, it opens. You feel like you're being ripped from your reality and lurch forward into the blackness. A flame appears before you. It's attached to a candle held by a young woman dressed as a witch. “[b]Welcome to the Returners Guild. My name is Betneth[/b].” She smiles easily at you. [center][img]https://img00.deviantart.net/69fb/i/2018/288/2/2/betnath_welcomes_you__by_dembai-dcp8yib.png[/img][/center] You hear a door close behind you, and looking, you see that you are now in a closed room, the door itself is wood – the walls, closely fitted stone like that in a medieval castle. The woman's laugh recalls your attention. “Don't worry. You can go back home any time you want to. You were called because you have a natural affinity for what we're doing, and we need your help.” She holds up the candle, and at once, the area lights up, revealing a well worn, stone staircase winding down into a well lit room. The air should have felt more musty, damp or cold, but instead it is warm and inviting, scented with a soft spice that reminds you of something you ate once as a child while curled up in a warm blanket. “Follow me.” The woman leads you downwards into the warm room, blowing out the candle as she goes. “Now, you may be wondering, since I've heard this question a thousand times already – am I a witch?” She nods and smiles at your raised eyebrows, “I am. In our world, magic is common, a tool that everyone uses but very, VERY few understand how it works, or why.” The room she has led you through seems like something of a lobby. There are cloaks and gear from every time frame imaginable. Weapons (old and new), technological devices both ancient and advanced, strange creatures in jars and alien-looking objects placed with care, each with a small glowing tag attached. “If you have anything you would like to keep safe, place it here. Likewise anything that uses a power source. It can interfere with our work.” You dubiously hold out an object from your world and a little yellow tag appears on it. A new voice rings out. “[b]Just leave it anywhere, it can't be touched by anyone but you, dearie[/b]!” [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/f50f/f/2018/288/f/8/mildred___holder_of_the_keys_by_dembai-dcp8yw7.png[/img][/center] You spin, seeing the newcomer – an older woman in the same garb as the first. She is bent with age and very short, holding up a ring with yellow tags hanging from it. “Oh don't worry about me. It's locked to you. Anyone who reaches for it can't even pick it up. Just try touching anything here!” you reach for a nearby coat, but your hand passes through it. You shrug and place the object from your world into a box on a shelf, noticing that your name appears on the box the moment you do. “To help you find it again, of course. If you have any troubles, my name is Milly, and you just come straight to me.” You find yourself smile back at her and follow the first witch through a set of HUGE double doors. The room opens to reveal a massive hall. Inside are dozens of individuals – humans, but also creatures you've only read about in books, and others you've only ever dreamed about. A few of them look up at you from their quiet chats, or from books, and several even smile or wave. She leads you through the hall to a dias set up at the front. There sits a third witch – she seems to be slightly younger than the first, and also far more excited as well. “[b]Someone new?! Oh goodness, I'm so glad. Hi, I'm Anne-Marie![/b]” [center][img]https://img00.deviantart.net/9696/i/2018/288/9/7/anne_marie_by_dembai-dcp8y6g.png[/img][/center] She grabs your hand and draws you to the table she was standing by. “Now I suppose you have a LOT of questions, but the most important one is...” she trails off, clearly expecting an answer. (FAQ) 1. “So...what is this place?” ”This is the hall of the Returners Guild. It's actually MUCH larger than this! There's places for researching, or training, or working with others. It's sort of like a...study hall, only awesome!” She places her hand beside her mouth, and whispers, “Well, sort of. There's actually a LOT of teachers here so we can't goof off as much as we'd like. Who knew that would happen?” 2. “And...what am I doing here?” “You were picked because you have a KEEN. EYE.” She points to her eyes, then your eyes, then her eyes again. “You noticed the DOOR. The DOOR was a spell, that anyone who is the right person to help us on our quest will notice. Noticing the DOOR was just the first part. THEN we had to get into how to summon people from 80 bazillon worlds...” 3. “Wait...that's right, on my world...” “YES.” She claps her hands. “Yes exactly. This isn't your world. Probably. Mostly. We had flyers on our world but no one was interested in the guild on OUR world, so we got people from OTHER worlds to help.” 4. “Help with what?” Anne Marie squeals a little and then taps the table she was standing beside. “Help us with THIS.” She spreads her hands and moves out of the way as you approach. A fourth voice murmurs to your left, you look at her and see a slim witch with downcast eyes, “That is the last copy of a very old device on our world. It's so old that no one knows how it works, even though all of our modern technology is powered by what this represents.” She traces her fingers across the delicate symbols and they shimmer beneath her fingers. “[b]What we do know is that it's not broken. What we don't know is how to activate it.[/b]” [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/96df/f/2018/288/0/5/verra_by_dembai-dcp8zx1.png[/img][/center] 5. “So you want me to...help with something you don't even understand?” The shy witch twiddles her fingers inside her long robe, but still doesn't look directly at you, “Yes. But recognise that if magic brought you here, magic exists for you. In some way. What we summoned, when we brought you and the countless others here, was a spell that was to bring in what was needed for the device to activate. We thought we might end up with just a few people. However, we realized that the spell we cast has an infinate number of targets. Because this...” She taps the device, “Has an infinate number of ways it can be activated.” 6. “Then how haven't you activated it yet?” “We don't know.” 7. “so...what happens next?” The first witch speaks, “You touch it, and Verra takes a picture.” She gestures at the quiet witch who seems to be staring at the floor. “Each person who touches it...their energy shows a pattern on it. We take a reading, and from there...well...” she gestures at the assembled crowd, “You try and use our resources to decipher what is going on...and why everyone's pattern is different.” 8. “And I have to stay?” A fifth witch approaches. She is taller and severe in disposition, “[b]No, You may leave whenever you wish.[/b]" She almost seems annoyed you'd ask. [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/ed08/f/2018/288/e/4/mayweather_by_dembai-dcp8zja.png[/img][/center] "You will not have lost any time in your world – you will enter right as you had left. So you may stay and help us, or you may go back and visit whenever you wish. The portal is open on your world. Until such a time as you no longer have the desire or ability to help.” 9. “So...all I have to do is touch it?” There's a long silence and Anne-Marie nods. You reach your hand towards the device...and it begins to glow. You touch the surface and the symbols shift, change color, and almost like a machine, swirl, turn, and lock into place. Eventually it stops moving, though it continues to glow softly. And the one called Verra uses a small box to “take a picure” of the results. 10. “And what do I do now?” “Get started.” Says the fifth witch, “I'll help. You may call me Mayweather.”
BACKSTORY

The door before you – you've never seen it before. You look around, wondering why you never noticed it before. You've walked past this place thousands of times. You glance around to see if anyone else has noticed the new door or could explain it. But oddly, you realize you're alone. Even though you know that you shouldn't be. The door beckons. You raise your hand to open it and before you even touch it, it opens. You feel like you're being ripped from your reality and lurch forward into the blackness.

A flame appears before you. It's attached to a candle held by a young woman dressed as a witch. “Welcome to the Returners Guild. My name is Betneth.” She smiles easily at you.
betnath_welcomes_you__by_dembai-dcp8yib.png
You hear a door close behind you, and looking, you see that you are now in a closed room, the door itself is wood – the walls, closely fitted stone like that in a medieval castle.

The woman's laugh recalls your attention. “Don't worry. You can go back home any time you want to. You were called because you have a natural affinity for what we're doing, and we need your help.”

She holds up the candle, and at once, the area lights up, revealing a well worn, stone staircase winding down into a well lit room. The air should have felt more musty, damp or cold, but instead it is warm and inviting, scented with a soft spice that reminds you of something you ate once as a child while curled up in a warm blanket.

“Follow me.” The woman leads you downwards into the warm room, blowing out the candle as she goes. “Now, you may be wondering, since I've heard this question a thousand times already – am I a witch?” She nods and smiles at your raised eyebrows, “I am. In our world, magic is common, a tool that everyone uses but very, VERY few understand how it works, or why.”

The room she has led you through seems like something of a lobby. There are cloaks and gear from every time frame imaginable. Weapons (old and new), technological devices both ancient and advanced, strange creatures in jars and alien-looking objects placed with care, each with a small glowing tag attached. “If you have anything you would like to keep safe, place it here. Likewise anything that uses a power source. It can interfere with our work.” You dubiously hold out an object from your world and a little yellow tag appears on it.

A new voice rings out. “Just leave it anywhere, it can't be touched by anyone but you, dearie!”
mildred___holder_of_the_keys_by_dembai-dcp8yw7.png

You spin, seeing the newcomer – an older woman in the same garb as the first. She is bent with age and very short, holding up a ring with yellow tags hanging from it. “Oh don't worry about me. It's locked to you. Anyone who reaches for it can't even pick it up. Just try touching anything here!”

you reach for a nearby coat, but your hand passes through it. You shrug and place the object from your world into a box on a shelf, noticing that your name appears on the box the moment you do.

“To help you find it again, of course. If you have any troubles, my name is Milly, and you just come straight to me.”

You find yourself smile back at her and follow the first witch through a set of HUGE double doors. The room opens to reveal a massive hall. Inside are dozens of individuals – humans, but also creatures you've only read about in books, and others you've only ever dreamed about. A few of them look up at you from their quiet chats, or from books, and several even smile or wave.

She leads you through the hall to a dias set up at the front.

There sits a third witch – she seems to be slightly younger than the first, and also far more excited as well. “Someone new?! Oh goodness, I'm so glad. Hi, I'm Anne-Marie!
anne_marie_by_dembai-dcp8y6g.png

She grabs your hand and draws you to the table she was standing by. “Now I suppose you have a LOT of questions, but the most important one is...” she trails off, clearly expecting an answer.

(FAQ)

1. “So...what is this place?”

”This is the hall of the Returners Guild. It's actually MUCH larger than this! There's places for researching, or training, or working with others. It's sort of like a...study hall, only awesome!” She places her hand beside her mouth, and whispers, “Well, sort of. There's actually a LOT of teachers here so we can't goof off as much as we'd like. Who knew that would happen?”

2. “And...what am I doing here?”

“You were picked because you have a KEEN. EYE.” She points to her eyes, then your eyes, then her eyes again. “You noticed the DOOR. The DOOR was a spell, that anyone who is the right person to help us on our quest will notice. Noticing the DOOR was just the first part. THEN we had to get into how to summon people from 80 bazillon worlds...”

3. “Wait...that's right, on my world...”

“YES.” She claps her hands. “Yes exactly. This isn't your world. Probably. Mostly. We had flyers on our world but no one was interested in the guild on OUR world, so we got people from OTHER worlds to help.”

4. “Help with what?”

Anne Marie squeals a little and then taps the table she was standing beside. “Help us with THIS.”

She spreads her hands and moves out of the way as you approach.

A fourth voice murmurs to your left, you look at her and see a slim witch with downcast eyes, “That is the last copy of a very old device on our world. It's so old that no one knows how it works, even though all of our modern technology is powered by what this represents.” She traces her fingers across the delicate symbols and they shimmer beneath her fingers. “What we do know is that it's not broken. What we don't know is how to activate it.
verra_by_dembai-dcp8zx1.png

5. “So you want me to...help with something you don't even understand?”

The shy witch twiddles her fingers inside her long robe, but still doesn't look directly at you, “Yes. But recognise that if magic brought you here, magic exists for you. In some way. What we summoned, when we brought you and the countless others here, was a spell that was to bring in what was needed for the device to activate. We thought we might end up with just a few people. However, we realized that the spell we cast has an infinate number of targets. Because this...” She taps the device, “Has an infinate number of ways it can be activated.”

6. “Then how haven't you activated it yet?”

“We don't know.”

7. “so...what happens next?”

The first witch speaks, “You touch it, and Verra takes a picture.” She gestures at the quiet witch who seems to be staring at the floor. “Each person who touches it...their energy shows a pattern on it. We take a reading, and from there...well...” she gestures at the assembled crowd, “You try and use our resources to decipher what is going on...and why everyone's pattern is different.”

8. “And I have to stay?”

A fifth witch approaches. She is taller and severe in disposition, “No, You may leave whenever you wish." She almost seems annoyed you'd ask.
mayweather_by_dembai-dcp8zja.png

"You will not have lost any time in your world – you will enter right as you had left. So you may stay and help us, or you may go back and visit whenever you wish. The portal is open on your world. Until such a time as you no longer have the desire or ability to help.”

9. “So...all I have to do is touch it?”

There's a long silence and Anne-Marie nods. You reach your hand towards the device...and it begins to glow. You touch the surface and the symbols shift, change color, and almost like a machine, swirl, turn, and lock into place. Eventually it stops moving, though it continues to glow softly. And the one called Verra uses a small box to “take a picure” of the results.

10. “And what do I do now?”

“Get started.” Says the fifth witch, “I'll help. You may call me Mayweather.”
[b]ITEM OWNERS:[/b] [i](please do not use this art without permission and without linking back to the store, thanks!)[/i] [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/f4bd/f/2018/316/c/c/quintiny_by_dembai-dcrtgt2.png[/img]: [b]Quintessence[/b] Quinessence allows you to make your own Remnant. Drops allow you to take elements that are in storage (see the bottom of the front page for details). Bottles allow you to come up with something new! [u]Bottles[/u]: NONE [u]Drops[/u]: NONE [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/a051/f/2018/316/9/5/alkahesttiny_by_dembai-dcrtaem.png[/img]: [b]Alkahest[/b] Alkahest allows you to immediately skip the line to get a refined Remnant OR to immediately end their breeding cooldown! NONE [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/a8a5/f/2018/316/b/8/catalysttiny_by_dembai-dcrtcqe.png[/img]: [b]Catalyst[/b] Catalyst allows you to GUARANTEE that a certain trait passes to all offspring (good for those legendary traits!) NONE [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/e6e6/f/2018/316/a/c/ethertiny_by_dembai-dcrtdwp.png[/img]: [b]Bottle of Ether[/b] Ether allows you to get extra results from any breeding! (this includes the breedings from other Remnants if you get permission!) NONE [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/ba1e/f/2018/316/6/1/pstonetiny_by_dembai-dcrtfq6.png[/img]: [b]Philosopher's Stone[/b] Philosopher's Stones allow you to upgrade your Remnant into its final form! Aeon Form gives your Remnant new art, better traits, and a shorter breeding cooldown! NONE
ITEM OWNERS:

(please do not use this art without permission and without linking back to the store, thanks!)

quintiny_by_dembai-dcrtgt2.png: Quintessence

Quinessence allows you to make your own Remnant. Drops allow you to take elements that are in storage (see the bottom of the front page for details). Bottles allow you to come up with something new!

Bottles:

NONE

Drops:

NONE

alkahesttiny_by_dembai-dcrtaem.png: Alkahest

Alkahest allows you to immediately skip the line to get a refined Remnant OR to immediately end their breeding cooldown!

NONE

catalysttiny_by_dembai-dcrtcqe.png: Catalyst

Catalyst allows you to GUARANTEE that a certain trait passes to all offspring (good for those legendary traits!)

NONE

ethertiny_by_dembai-dcrtdwp.png: Bottle of Ether

Ether allows you to get extra results from any breeding! (this includes the breedings from other Remnants if you get permission!)

NONE

pstonetiny_by_dembai-dcrtfq6.png: Philosopher's Stone

Philosopher's Stones allow you to upgrade your Remnant into its final form! Aeon Form gives your Remnant new art, better traits, and a shorter breeding cooldown!

NONE
PING LIST

(please don't abuse the ping list!)

You will only ever be pinged for new art, and the start/end of contests.

@ToTheArk
@kkatharsis
@Ragnaroc
@Galehaut
@CrystalAngel5
@phoenyxillusion
@chorderaos
@CoyoteFlowers
@Amezrou
@briar
@DetectivePopcorn
@LadyAria
@crystalpeacock
@Echoshine
@Cohena
@Alphonce
@Pythonecary
@WishUponADragon
@BlueJaysFeather
@Angel614
@LunarParadox
@Nettletea
@dragontrainerz
@GreatLordHades
@Saraceaser
@MegaraFrostalon
@Hiame
@mercurialwings
@QuietlyAlice
@Kveldulfr
@GaijinIxchel
@Embyrs
@Aurelicia
@DarkusDragon
@FantasyMyth
@GrinningWolf24
@Watercolour
@Formless
@Pigeonpanhandle
@Geminisun
@Quillis
@BottledLightning
@DealtaDeath
@Relics
@LunarTea
@milkywayshock
@RaenHale
@FeistyTadpole
@DraigTeg
@Schiemoon
@Sturmflux
@leeanndawuulf
@Endofighter
@cynefin16
@shirotsubaki6564
@dragonspiritsky

RESTOCK PINGS

@CrystalAngel5
@leeanndawuulf
@mercurialwings
@LunarParadox
PING LIST

(please don't abuse the ping list!)

You will only ever be pinged for new art, and the start/end of contests.

@ToTheArk
@kkatharsis
@Ragnaroc
@Galehaut
@CrystalAngel5
@phoenyxillusion
@chorderaos
@CoyoteFlowers
@Amezrou
@briar
@DetectivePopcorn
@LadyAria
@crystalpeacock
@Echoshine
@Cohena
@Alphonce
@Pythonecary
@WishUponADragon
@BlueJaysFeather
@Angel614
@LunarParadox
@Nettletea
@dragontrainerz
@GreatLordHades
@Saraceaser
@MegaraFrostalon
@Hiame
@mercurialwings
@QuietlyAlice
@Kveldulfr
@GaijinIxchel
@Embyrs
@Aurelicia
@DarkusDragon
@FantasyMyth
@GrinningWolf24
@Watercolour
@Formless
@Pigeonpanhandle
@Geminisun
@Quillis
@BottledLightning
@DealtaDeath
@Relics
@LunarTea
@milkywayshock
@RaenHale
@FeistyTadpole
@DraigTeg
@Schiemoon
@Sturmflux
@leeanndawuulf
@Endofighter
@cynefin16
@shirotsubaki6564
@dragonspiritsky

RESTOCK PINGS

@CrystalAngel5
@leeanndawuulf
@mercurialwings
@LunarParadox
Old Contest link!

Void]
Old Contest link!

Void]
PAID ITEM PRIORITY RULES:

Philosopher's Stone/Bottle Quintessence (Done as soon as the latest breeding/refine form is done)

Drop Breeding (Done as soon as the latest breeding is done)

Bottle of Ether (Done with the breeding it adds a Remnant to - can only be added WITH PERMISSION FROM THE PARENTS!)

Alkahest (to refine) (Done as soon as the next remnant is done. This can disrupt a breeding, but you can request that it doesn't.)

Free (time to refine): Refine forms cycle as part of their breeding group. They may be delayed due to paid items, but you can ALWAYS check the list below and see how close I am!

ITEMS

1. Mercurialwings (Bottle of Q) PAID
2. LunarParadox (Drop) PAID
3. leeanndawuulf (Bottle of Q) PAID
4. QuietlyAlice (Stone) *
5. BottledLightning (Stone) PAID

* Needs to pay

ORDER:

Life (PRIME) 1
Immortality 1
Renewal 1
Seraph 1
Nightmare 1
Starlight 2
Aurora 2
Written Word 3
Hydrogen 1
Afterglow 1
Hag 2
Kelpie 2
Abyss 1
Oil Spill 1
Riptide 1
Temptation 2
Seduction 2
Beltane 1
Music 2
Draco 1
Aries 1
Grey 1
Neon 2
Reindeer 1
Festive Aroma 1
Topography 1
Cuneiform 1
PAID ITEM PRIORITY RULES:

Philosopher's Stone/Bottle Quintessence (Done as soon as the latest breeding/refine form is done)

Drop Breeding (Done as soon as the latest breeding is done)

Bottle of Ether (Done with the breeding it adds a Remnant to - can only be added WITH PERMISSION FROM THE PARENTS!)

Alkahest (to refine) (Done as soon as the next remnant is done. This can disrupt a breeding, but you can request that it doesn't.)

Free (time to refine): Refine forms cycle as part of their breeding group. They may be delayed due to paid items, but you can ALWAYS check the list below and see how close I am!

ITEMS

1. Mercurialwings (Bottle of Q) PAID
2. LunarParadox (Drop) PAID
3. leeanndawuulf (Bottle of Q) PAID
4. QuietlyAlice (Stone) *
5. BottledLightning (Stone) PAID

* Needs to pay

ORDER:

Life (PRIME) 1
Immortality 1
Renewal 1
Seraph 1
Nightmare 1
Starlight 2
Aurora 2
Written Word 3
Hydrogen 1
Afterglow 1
Hag 2
Kelpie 2
Abyss 1
Oil Spill 1
Riptide 1
Temptation 2
Seduction 2
Beltane 1
Music 2
Draco 1
Aries 1
Grey 1
Neon 2
Reindeer 1
Festive Aroma 1
Topography 1
Cuneiform 1
STORES:

Available Elements for use in breeding using either a Refined (second form) Remnant OR a Drop of Quintessence Item.

Secondary descriptions are to help you get the right idea about their essences!

Air - doesn't exist in a vaccum, generally covers atmospheric phenomena, gasses
Fire - very broad in application - consider some of her kids too!
Water - usually H2O, but may cover other liquids
Earth - solids, but also rocks, dirt, etc.
Yule - Covers all the holidays that are celebrated at WINTER Solstice
Light - covers all wavelengths of light
Phoenix - has elements of fire/light/air/fantasy
Dark - has aspects of horror, absence of light
Heat - a narrowed down idea of fire - just the tempurature-changing quality of it.
Smoke - fine particulate suspended in air
Mirage - optical illusions
Howl - loudness, emotional qualities, wolf qualities
Void - vacuum, outer space, elimination, nothingness, emptyness
Swamp - aspects of animals/plants/objects/myths based on this location
Trench - deep ocean ideas, strange creatures, pressure
Night - things that happen specifically when the sun is not up.
Krampus - punishment, playfulness, satyr myths, fear
Yulecat - overeating, giving, knitting, family
Perchta - hunger, old age, witches, wisdom
Time - aging, death, change (due to time passing), history, order
Candle - quietness, remembrance, comfort
Sonoluminescence - violence, explosions, sea creatures
Alkali Metal - explosions, volitility, danger, BRIGHT LIGHTS OMG.
Ultraviolet - modern, technology, dark and light contrast
Infrared - gritty, discomfort, warfare, heat-detection
Wail - death, mourning, folklore, banshee, celtic traditions, sadness
Siren - loud, warning, artificial noise, police, authority
Written Word - records, language, intentional marking of something
Starlight - wonder, celebrity, twinkling, pulsing, wishes, innocence
Aurora - mystery, solar phenomena, winter
Fantasy - folklore, fiction, stories, fantasy genre, magic
Hag - folklore, witches, dirtiness, nature magic
Kelpie - folklore, equines, supernatural, shapeshifting
Seduction: seeking out, searching, attempting to create romance actively
Temptation: desirable, drawing in, passively creating romantic interest
Music: pleasing sounds, styles, themes, instruments, etc
Neon: 80's style, urban, nightlife, cyberpunk, retro ideas
Hypnopomp: sleep disorders, dreams, paralysis, hallucinations
Fata Morgana: fairies, castles, illusions, mystery, magic

IMPORTANT REMINDERS

1. Using STORED elements will result in fewer parental traits coming through from the stored element you use.

2. It also results in fewer offspring than you would get if you bred with a Remnant.

3. Breeding a Remnant using a stored element WILL trigger your Remnant's breeding cool down. And it will lock them out of ever breeding with that respective Remnant.
STORES:

Available Elements for use in breeding using either a Refined (second form) Remnant OR a Drop of Quintessence Item.

Secondary descriptions are to help you get the right idea about their essences!

Air - doesn't exist in a vaccum, generally covers atmospheric phenomena, gasses
Fire - very broad in application - consider some of her kids too!
Water - usually H2O, but may cover other liquids
Earth - solids, but also rocks, dirt, etc.
Yule - Covers all the holidays that are celebrated at WINTER Solstice
Light - covers all wavelengths of light
Phoenix - has elements of fire/light/air/fantasy
Dark - has aspects of horror, absence of light
Heat - a narrowed down idea of fire - just the tempurature-changing quality of it.
Smoke - fine particulate suspended in air
Mirage - optical illusions
Howl - loudness, emotional qualities, wolf qualities
Void - vacuum, outer space, elimination, nothingness, emptyness
Swamp - aspects of animals/plants/objects/myths based on this location
Trench - deep ocean ideas, strange creatures, pressure
Night - things that happen specifically when the sun is not up.
Krampus - punishment, playfulness, satyr myths, fear
Yulecat - overeating, giving, knitting, family
Perchta - hunger, old age, witches, wisdom
Time - aging, death, change (due to time passing), history, order
Candle - quietness, remembrance, comfort
Sonoluminescence - violence, explosions, sea creatures
Alkali Metal - explosions, volitility, danger, BRIGHT LIGHTS OMG.
Ultraviolet - modern, technology, dark and light contrast
Infrared - gritty, discomfort, warfare, heat-detection
Wail - death, mourning, folklore, banshee, celtic traditions, sadness
Siren - loud, warning, artificial noise, police, authority
Written Word - records, language, intentional marking of something
Starlight - wonder, celebrity, twinkling, pulsing, wishes, innocence
Aurora - mystery, solar phenomena, winter
Fantasy - folklore, fiction, stories, fantasy genre, magic
Hag - folklore, witches, dirtiness, nature magic
Kelpie - folklore, equines, supernatural, shapeshifting
Seduction: seeking out, searching, attempting to create romance actively
Temptation: desirable, drawing in, passively creating romantic interest
Music: pleasing sounds, styles, themes, instruments, etc
Neon: 80's style, urban, nightlife, cyberpunk, retro ideas
Hypnopomp: sleep disorders, dreams, paralysis, hallucinations
Fata Morgana: fairies, castles, illusions, mystery, magic

IMPORTANT REMINDERS

1. Using STORED elements will result in fewer parental traits coming through from the stored element you use.

2. It also results in fewer offspring than you would get if you bred with a Remnant.

3. Breeding a Remnant using a stored element WILL trigger your Remnant's breeding cool down. And it will lock them out of ever breeding with that respective Remnant.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 101 102