Back

Adoptables

Create, adopt, or show off your adoptables.
TOPIC | TOMES - Interest check/feedback
1 2 3
I've been working on these for a bit now, and I'd really like to know if people are interested in having book/time adoptables. They will feature a transparent background! Below are some genes I've done: [img]http://i.imgur.com/wsbUcQW.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/KamdD8x.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/vOXQhgL.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/vmCeuGK.png[/img] General feedback super welcome! Do they need to be more polished, or do you like the sketchy look? Are they too big? Do I need to add something? (How much would you pay for one?)
I've been working on these for a bit now, and I'd really like to know if people are interested in having book/time adoptables.

They will feature a transparent background!

Below are some genes I've done:

wsbUcQW.png
KamdD8x.png
vOXQhgL.png
vmCeuGK.png

General feedback super welcome! Do they need to be more polished, or do you like the sketchy look? Are they too big? Do I need to add something? (How much would you pay for one?)
Mz9FfKs.png
@Poisonedpaper

They're really cute! It's a good size, but it's always nice to offer them in a signature size as well. I'd price them at 20k at the very least, but wouldn't mind paying more!

(Also, could you ping me if you decide to open shop? :0 )
@Poisonedpaper

They're really cute! It's a good size, but it's always nice to offer them in a signature size as well. I'd price them at 20k at the very least, but wouldn't mind paying more!

(Also, could you ping me if you decide to open shop? :0 )
@Poisonedpaper these are super cute! I would totally be interested :) as for prices I"m terrible at that so I wouldn't know what to say xD
@Poisonedpaper these are super cute! I would totally be interested :) as for prices I"m terrible at that so I wouldn't know what to say xD
Other places I can be found:
Deviantart/ Personal Tumblr / Art Tumblr / FR Tumblr
Toyhou.se / myAnimeList
I'm also on Steam and FFXIV on Balmung Server,
if you want my names there feel free to PM me!
@Panchill @Prismakry Thank you for the feedback! I'll let you know if I ever open a shop for them ^_^ This is at half size, by the way: [img]http://i.imgur.com/lPdVzB8.png[/img]
@Panchill @Prismakry Thank you for the feedback! I'll let you know if I ever open a shop for them ^_^

This is at half size, by the way:
lPdVzB8.png
Mz9FfKs.png
@Poisonedpaper

They're super cute! I know it might be a bit harder, but if you can make the background transparent I'm sure you'll be flooded with people! I love the half size!
@Poisonedpaper

They're super cute! I know it might be a bit harder, but if you can make the background transparent I'm sure you'll be flooded with people! I love the half size!
g2thlfJ.png uWdWv70.png
@Poisonedpaper
I love books.
I love dragons.
I could have both in one adoptable, doesn't it sound awesome? :D Really, I'd be like super-interested and would love a ping if you ever decide to open up.

As for feedback: Like someone have already said: transparent background may be better than the shadow you presented. I like the sketchy look, it gives them a feeling of reality. I mean books are more pencily-papery than digital. I don't know if this makes any sense... ;P I love how the corners+bookmarks represent the flight of the dragon (that's what they do, isn't it?). I've been thinking about some features, representing breed of the dragon, but I haven't come with anything, that would look good. Maybe it's just better if you keep them as simple as they are now ;)
@Poisonedpaper
I love books.
I love dragons.
I could have both in one adoptable, doesn't it sound awesome? :D Really, I'd be like super-interested and would love a ping if you ever decide to open up.

As for feedback: Like someone have already said: transparent background may be better than the shadow you presented. I like the sketchy look, it gives them a feeling of reality. I mean books are more pencily-papery than digital. I don't know if this makes any sense... ;P I love how the corners+bookmarks represent the flight of the dragon (that's what they do, isn't it?). I've been thinking about some features, representing breed of the dragon, but I haven't come with anything, that would look good. Maybe it's just better if you keep them as simple as they are now ;)
H9klr6C.png
@Seirius They are actually transparent already, they just aren't here because I was lazy and took a screenshot instead of saving and uploading it properly. I should have mentioned that!

@Mysteriala They are actually transparent, I just didn't save them properly because I'm lazy! As it is right now the main colour is the primary and the corners, bookmark and strips on the back are the secondary. The tertiary will go all-over.
I'd like to include something representing the flight, but I'm not sure how - maybe a little flight symbol at the bottom of the book mark? I'd have to make sure there's still enough room to show the secondary gene, though.

Thank you both for the feedback!
@Seirius They are actually transparent already, they just aren't here because I was lazy and took a screenshot instead of saving and uploading it properly. I should have mentioned that!

@Mysteriala They are actually transparent, I just didn't save them properly because I'm lazy! As it is right now the main colour is the primary and the corners, bookmark and strips on the back are the secondary. The tertiary will go all-over.
I'd like to include something representing the flight, but I'm not sure how - maybe a little flight symbol at the bottom of the book mark? I'd have to make sure there's still enough room to show the secondary gene, though.

Thank you both for the feedback!
Mz9FfKs.png
@Poisonedpaper These are super neat and I'd love a ping if you open up shop! I like the sketchy style and as for size, an additional small size would be rad. The only suggestion I can think of is making them transparent and including a full shadow.

Do you plan on offering skins/accents and allowing some apparel to show up in the design? (Ex: Moonglow Thorns being turned into a thorny border/illustration on the cover, but not something like "This dragon has a hat on, so this book is wearing a hat!")
@Poisonedpaper These are super neat and I'd love a ping if you open up shop! I like the sketchy style and as for size, an additional small size would be rad. The only suggestion I can think of is making them transparent and including a full shadow.

Do you plan on offering skins/accents and allowing some apparel to show up in the design? (Ex: Moonglow Thorns being turned into a thorny border/illustration on the cover, but not something like "This dragon has a hat on, so this book is wearing a hat!")
31184923_pIXlt8ZbyCF6qdI.gif
eri|31|fr+0|tumblr
baeridan___eridan_by_featherfell-d9lxf8r.gif
Copypaste my name when pinging.
Try again if I don't reply in 24 hrs.

iuEBSJ3.png
0T9buOf.png
CfyODjg.png
7Zid8hE.png
G8AyR6r.png
9PstSFT.png
gMDuKVs.png
3adgzZD.png
0HBKL8H.png
LTm7UbO.png
qGabqd5.png
eMPFsUR.png
output-onlinegiftools-1.gif
@Poisonedpaper
that would be a nice idea! :D I'd totally buy one for my dragon Sapphire who's the librarian of my clan.
And I love the sketchy style! I think you should price them 30k at the least, with additional prices for apparel and skins/accents :D
Would you please ping me if you ever open a shop for them?
@Poisonedpaper
that would be a nice idea! :D I'd totally buy one for my dragon Sapphire who's the librarian of my clan.
And I love the sketchy style! I think you should price them 30k at the least, with additional prices for apparel and skins/accents :D
Would you please ping me if you ever open a shop for them?
6347.png
pitty | she/her | +9 hours

Art ShopDerpy Dragon AdoptsIcon Adoptsdragon sale (+art)fr tumblr
@Poisonedpaper I love this idea! I'd really like to be pinged if you open these up and I'd price them at 25kt+ but I wouldn't mind Paying more!
And to expand on @baeridan's point about apparel, maybe you could include some like with all the flowerfalls have petals around the book/tome and if there's a rose you could put it on top or something similar? It could be like that for smaller apparel? Although it's up to you and depends if you'd be willing to disrupt the linework.
@Poisonedpaper I love this idea! I'd really like to be pinged if you open these up and I'd price them at 25kt+ but I wouldn't mind Paying more!
And to expand on @baeridan's point about apparel, maybe you could include some like with all the flowerfalls have petals around the book/tome and if there's a rose you could put it on top or something similar? It could be like that for smaller apparel? Although it's up to you and depends if you'd be willing to disrupt the linework.
sjinFBA.gif 32579860.png lightshieldr.png
1 2 3